This is NOT the Holiday Inn that I grew up staying in! No more dark rooms, shoddy decorations, nasty front desk people and questionable roadside loactions. Let me first say, I always look at Trip Advisor's reviews and wonder if some people are actually hotel staff writing the reviews or possibly guests "bribed" to write great reviews. I assure you, I don't work there and we certainly weren't bribed. I just know that a good HONEST review is helpful in trip planning. So, here goes:
This place is GREAT!!! It's not only location, location, location... Yes, it has an AMAZING location (beach front with ALL the rooms having a gulf beach front balcony), but it was clean, the staff was nice and helpful, and the facility was modern, upkept, and way beyond our expectations for a Holiday Inn.
We checked in at night, so we had NO IDEA how amazing it would be! I actually only booked one night there "just in case". You never know if a hotel will suck despite the reviews. I wanted to make sure we didn't "overcommit" and have to stay in a crappy place. Well, when we got up the next morning, I could get down to the front desk fast enought to book the remaining nights we had planned to stay in Pensacola. The hotel sits right on the beach! Open the back door and you're on a stretch of amazing sugar white sand and clear water!!! EVERY room in the place has a gulf front beach view WITH a balcony! And, if you've never been to Pensacola Beach (we hadn't and really didn't know it exsisted), it is an island just across from Pensacola, FL. It's got powder soft, sugar white beaches with clear, calm water. Clear, like bathtub water!!!
It is an easy drive to Gulf Breeze, FL (the island in between the beach and Pensacola) and Pensacola. We could be in downtown Pensacola in 5 minutes and at the front gate of the Pensacola Naval Air Station in 10 minutes. The area is AMAZING to see. There's LOTS for any member of the family!
So, if you're planning a trip to the area, you should really consider staying on Pensacola Beach. It's actually WAY nicer than Pensacola and Gulf Breeze combined. I actually thought it looked better than Destin. We drove through Destin on our way home and it couldn't compare to what we had just left! We spent the remainder of our trip constantly saying, "I wish we would have just stayed in Pensacola Beach".
When you do stay at the Holiday Inn on Pensacola Beach (I keep saying on Pensacola Beach because there are other Holiday Inns in the area, but only one on Pens. Beach), if you see Marsha, Jessie or Lance tell them hi! They were the amazing staff I was talking about! They went out of their way to help us, tell us where to go/what to see, and we always there to greet us with a smile each time we came through the front door! So, Marsha, Jessie and Lance THANK YOU for making our vacation awesome! You were right, we DID fall in love with it!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EVERY room at the Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach overlooks the Gulf of Mexico. Located away from the crowds(our next door neighbor is a sand dune preserve)but close to everything. Our 100% smoke-free Pensacola Beach hotel offers an outdoor pool and a complimentary hot breakfast buffet. Each beachfront hotel room features a private Gulf front balcony. Whether you are in Pensacola Beach for business or leisure, our hotel provides a premiere serene location with comfortable amenities. The white sands of the Gulf of Mexico are literally in our backyard. Historic and scenic Fort Pickens National Seashore is a few miles from our hotel on Pensacola Beach. Diving, fishing, snorkeling and boating are fun activities nearby, and Quietwater Beach Boardwalk, within walking distance, offers shops and restaurants. Our great island location provides you with endless possibilities. Getting to meetings and conventions is easy as the Pensacola Civic Center is eight miles from our hotel in Pensacola, Florida. The Pensacola State College, Pensacola Christian College and Naval Air Station Pensacola are 15 miles away. Our hotel near Pensacola Regional Airport (PNS) is the perfect place to stay during your business trip. Come Stay Smart with us at the Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach and see that the only thing we overlook is the Gulf of Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach Hotel Pensacola Beach
- Holiday Inn Pensacola Beach