All the accolades in other reviews are true. The Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach deserves its #1 rating. Although it may be a bit more expensive than other nearby options, it's probably worth it. First, the staff are exceptional. They keep the place immaculate and are very friendly. We met the manager who explained the history of the hotel and its reinvention into a HIE after Hurricanes Ivan and Dennis. She explained how the total remodeling was done with the aim of being allergy friendly. For a beach front hotel it was amazingly free of mold and must. My allergy sensitive wife usually suffers at most hotels, but had no problems here. All rooms face the beach and have nice little patios with two plastic chairs. The building is directly on the dune close to the surf so you hear the crashing waves. Some older photos show a wide beach in front of the hotel, but they were pre-hurricanes. Ivan and Dennis reshaped the island and the surf is now much closer to the hotel. The white fine sand still makes this a fabulous beach, it's just not as wide as yesteryear. For $30 you can rent 2 lounge chairs and beach umbrella set up on the beach by a rental company not affiliated with the hotel for the entire day. Breakfast is the typical HIE fare, but the staff keeps it well stocked and very clean. The rooms are very clean and well furnished including a small fridge and room safe. Microwaves are not in the rooms, but there is one in the breakfast area that guests may use all day. There are no restaurants in the immediate vicinity, so we kept cold cuts in the refridgerator for lunches. The parking lot had ample spaces available plus there is a convenient trolley if you don't want to drive. Overall this is a great hotel, but to set your expectations please remember this is a Holiday Inn Express not the Ritz. Although their staff is so exceptional, in this respect its better than a Ritz!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EVERY room at the Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach overlooks the Gulf of Mexico. Located away from the crowds(our next door neighbor is a sand dune preserve)but close to everything. Our 100% smoke-free Pensacola Beach hotel offers an outdoor pool and a complimentary hot breakfast buffet. Each beachfront hotel room features a private Gulf front balcony. Whether you are in Pensacola Beach for business or leisure, our hotel provides a premiere serene location with comfortable amenities. The white sands of the Gulf of Mexico are literally in our backyard. Historic and scenic Fort Pickens National Seashore is a few miles from our hotel on Pensacola Beach. Diving, fishing, snorkeling and boating are fun activities nearby, and Quietwater Beach Boardwalk, within walking distance, offers shops and restaurants. Our great island location provides you with endless possibilities. Getting to meetings and conventions is easy as the Pensacola Civic Center is eight miles from our hotel in Pensacola, Florida. The Pensacola State College, Pensacola Christian College and Naval Air Station Pensacola are 15 miles away. Our hotel near Pensacola Regional Airport (PNS) is the perfect place to stay during your business trip. Come Stay Smart with us at the Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach and see that the only thing we overlook is the Gulf of Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach Hotel Pensacola Beach
- Holiday Inn Pensacola Beach