We had an absolutely horrid trip to Milton, Florida, in June when we went to visit my dad who was fighting cancer. We stayed at the Red Roof and Milton and it was a disaster. So, when we returned just this week for my dad's funeral, I absolutely wanted a nicer experience for my family of five, even if it meant we had to drive a bit out of our way and past our destination. We just stayed two nights, but from the moment we walked in, we were greeted warmly, and the kids were given snacks by the front desk staff. The room was nice and clean (no nasty mildrew smells like we experienced at the Red Roof in Milton). The view from the balcony was fabulous. Just hearing the ocean waves and watching the sun rise and set there was so incredibly relaxing. It was chilly out, so we had the entire beach to ourselves. The kids enjoyed the outdoor pool, though it was a bit chilly this time of year. The pool towels were fluffy and fabulous!!! Oh my gosh, I want them for home! We asked if we could purchase some and they gave us two! The room towels were equally fabulous and smelled so nice. Wonderful, comfy beds and soft pillows! Complimentary breakfast in the morning was bacon and eggs, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, cinnamon rolls and much more. Lots to choose from. They had a machine that made pancakes with the press of a button, which cracked the kids up. The breakfast staff even gave the boys toy sharks with funny, smiley faces. We were a bit tight in our 2-queen bed room with three kids and 2 adults, but it was doable. We were there for a sad occassion, but were welcomed with open arms here. We walked the nearby Pensacola pier (and saw stingrays). We dug in the sand with buckets and little shovels given to the kids at the front desk. We collected shells. Chased seagulls. It made a sad time much better. I will always think of my dad when I see the beach. And, if and when we come back to Pensacola, you can bet we will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express. Just can't say enough good things about the hotel and it's friendly staff :). Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EVERY room at the Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach overlooks the Gulf of Mexico. Located away from the crowds(our next door neighbor is a sand dune preserve)but close to everything. Our 100% smoke-free Pensacola Beach hotel offers an outdoor pool and a complimentary hot breakfast buffet. Each beachfront hotel room features a private Gulf front balcony. Whether you are in Pensacola Beach for business or leisure, our hotel provides a premiere serene location with comfortable amenities. The white sands of the Gulf of Mexico are literally in our backyard. Historic and scenic Fort Pickens National Seashore is a few miles from our hotel on Pensacola Beach. Diving, fishing, snorkeling and boating are fun activities nearby, and Quietwater Beach Boardwalk, within walking distance, offers shops and restaurants. Our great island location provides you with endless possibilities. Getting to meetings and conventions is easy as the Pensacola Civic Center is eight miles from our hotel in Pensacola, Florida. The Pensacola State College, Pensacola Christian College and Naval Air Station Pensacola are 15 miles away. Our hotel near Pensacola Regional Airport (PNS) is the perfect place to stay during your business trip. Come Stay Smart with us at the Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach and see that the only thing we overlook is the Gulf of Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach Hotel Pensacola Beach
- Holiday Inn Pensacola Beach