All reviewsrooms facehi expresscinnamon rollsevery room has a balconythe breakfast areafree breakfastgulf viewbreakfast staffocean frontfront desk staffwould definitely stay here againclean hotelzero entrypeg leggreat roommini fridgefort pickens
Reviewed July 22, 2012

As a Pensacola native, I am very familiar with the different hotels available on Pensacola Beach. Each have their own pros and cons, however I pick the Holiday Inn Express because I know what I am going to get, excellent customer service at a fair and reasonable price. My wife and I stayed at this hotel during the Blue Angels Air Show, it was also my birthday. We had an absolutely wonderful time from the moment we arrived until the day we left. The staff welcomed us at check in and really made us feel at home, they welcomed me by my name and went out of their way to ensure we had what we needed. The other reviews you read on here are spot on, this staff genuinely cares about you and they go out of their way to make sure your stay is a positive one. After check-in we went up to our room which was perfect, a nice balcony with a great view of the beach. I like how they have both firm and soft pillows, this is embroidered on on the pillow cases. The breakfast was a wonderful surprise as well. They have a one cup coffee maker in our room, but I would go downstairs where had an entire coffee station set up and take a cup back to my room. The breakfast area was extremely clean and the staff kept refilling the different items on a regular basis. Cheese omlets, sausage, pancakes, yougurt, fruit, cereals, bagels, on and on are available at this breakfast bar. I could go on and on about how nice our stay was but I think you are getting the idea, I will definitely be back. Thanks all for a wonderful stay.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank MikeM395
Reviewed July 21, 2012

First I have to say sorry to Beverly, Diane and Sheri for not doing this sooner. My coworkers and I have been staying at this location for over the last year on a monthly basis. I always enjoy starting my stay by seeing Diane and Sheri's smiling faces at the front desk knowing they will have my room ready to go. The rooms are clean, spacious and full of amenities. All the rooms over look the beautiful Gulf of Mexico and powdery white sand beaches. The location is ideal for the business traveler who enjoys staying at a relaxing location that isn't too far from downtown Pensacola. There are plenty of restaurants near the hotel. In the morning don't miss out on a nice breakfast while sitting outside watching the sun come up. I look forward to future stays at this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank TampaMikeB
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We have been coming to Pensacola Beach for our summer vacation for 4 years now. Everytime we come we are impressed by this hotel's cleanliness, the friendliness of the staff, and the utter relaxed atmosphere and general feeling that we experience while staying here. We love the fact that we are so close to the beach, but also a good distance from the public beach area. The gulf front rooms make the stay so enjoyable, and my personal favorite part is that the pool is located on the side of the building, so the only sounds you hear from your balcony are beach sounds. The free breakfast is delicious and saves us money, and the rooms are nice and comfy with space saving flat screen TVs. Not to mention the daily free cookies, easy parking and numerous other awesome perks of staying here. We plan on continuing to come down here every summer for the most relaxing beach vacation in the best beach hotel ever. : )

Room Tip: All rooms are awesome. Period.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Emily T
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Where do I begin? From the moment you step in they made us feel like family. The room was average, but dont let that fool you. It was over the top clean and cozy. The views are stunning from each room! The staff is so friendly and accomadating . The breakfast was phenominal!, not your typical continental breakfast. Dont bring buckets or toys! They have everything you need to have fun on the beach!! The pool was nice, not huge, but my children 13 and 9 loved it. Towels are supplied so no need to even bring beach towels! Fresh fruit is always in the lobby. They also know everything about siteseeing! Just ask. Its not on the crowded end of the beach so you feel like you in your on little oasis! The rooms are vertially silent, we never even knew we had neighbors.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Brad P
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel during our vacation June 28-July 2nd. All of the positive reviews below are spot on! I am very picky when it comes to cleanliness because I have young children, and I was so impressed with the cleanliness of the room, halls, lobby, and eating areas, that I will recommend anyone to book here. Being an ocean front hotel, I was expecting sand everywhere inside...no matter how good you try to dust all the sand off when you go back inside the hotel.....realistically, you will for sure bring some in. I DONT KNOW HOW THEY DO IT....BUT THE HOTEL IS SPOTLESS!! Another thing that stuck out was how good the beach towels smelled!! The towel bin outside the hotel was always stocked with fresh clean towels. And where do I begin with the food quality?!?!? I was a little worried because my husband is very picky with food....even HE was impressed with the food. There were 2 ladies that kept the food coming...no matter what time you decide to go down for bereakfast, you will feel like they just restocked it JUST for you. The had the basics...eggs, buscuits, gravy, cereal....a pancake machine that is really easy to work..simply push the button, and 2 minutes later, voala..2 pancakes...and everyday they had a different meat such as sausage patties, or sausage links, ham, bacon...oh and how could i forget the cinnamon rolls! There's also fruit, yogurt...and healthier options....but I was on vacation - so I indulged!
The entire staff was sooooo friendly!! On a number of occassions, we crossed paths with several of the staff (My guess- between shifts) and each one would make it a point to look our way, smile, and ask us how our day was. On one occasion I came back to the room to find the cleaning crew in our room, and they were so respectful asked if I needed them to come back and finish, and when I told them no- I was just going to grab something....they proceeded to ask me if there were any other thing they could do for us prior to them leaving. I thought this was nice of them. We stayed in room 509, I will attempt to load pics of the view from our room. BTW, I was able to see dolphins in the mornings when I sat out there to read a book before my family awoke.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family