“Unforgettable family vacation!!”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Houston, Texas
“Unforgettable family vacation!!”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel during our vacation June 28-July 2nd. All of the positive reviews below are spot on! I am very picky when it comes to cleanliness because I have young children, and I was so impressed with the cleanliness of the room, halls, lobby, and eating areas, that I will recommend anyone to book here. Being an ocean front hotel, I was expecting sand everywhere inside...no matter how good you try to dust all the sand off when you go back inside the hotel.....realistically, you will for sure bring some in. I DONT KNOW HOW THEY DO IT....BUT THE HOTEL IS SPOTLESS!! Another thing that stuck out was how good the beach towels smelled!! The towel bin outside the hotel was always stocked with fresh clean towels. And where do I begin with the food quality?!?!? I was a little worried because my husband is very picky with food....even HE was impressed with the food. There were 2 ladies that kept the food coming...no matter what time you decide to go down for bereakfast, you will feel like they just restocked it JUST for you. The had the basics...eggs, buscuits, gravy, cereal....a pancake machine that is really easy to work..simply push the button, and 2 minutes later, voala..2 pancakes...and everyday they had a different meat such as sausage patties, or sausage links, ham, bacon...oh and how could i forget the cinnamon rolls! There's also fruit, yogurt...and healthier options....but I was on vacation - so I indulged!
The entire staff was sooooo friendly!! On a number of occassions, we crossed paths with several of the staff (My guess- between shifts) and each one would make it a point to look our way, smile, and ask us how our day was. On one occasion I came back to the room to find the cleaning crew in our room, and they were so respectful asked if I needed them to come back and finish, and when I told them no- I was just going to grab something....they proceeded to ask me if there were any other thing they could do for us prior to them leaving. I thought this was nice of them. We stayed in room 509, I will attempt to load pics of the view from our room. BTW, I was able to see dolphins in the mornings when I sat out there to read a book before my family awoke.

3 Thank Sylvia A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Galveston County
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The staff here really try to make your stay as wonderful as possible. We were here just after the 4th of July and even though the area was crowded the Hotels private beach was not at all crowded. They only have 76 rooms and a very large beach area.....wonderful time.

We had a problem on a very humid day with the AC. I phoned the desk and a maintenance man was at the door in less than 5 mins. He checked out the AC and detemined condensation had formed on the AC control panel due to humidity. He cleared it up, requested we leave the balcony door closed as much as possible and the problem didn't repeat. We had several notices left on the door advising he had come back to recheck the AC while we had been out. I also was caught in a downpour early in the morning and a hotel staffer walked outside to hand me a beach towel. Excellent service.

Breakfast is typical of the "free breakfast" variety with a pancake machine instead of waffle iron. It is well stocked and well staffed and will get your day off to a great start. 2 beach chairs and umbrella were $30 per day.....just leave a hotel beach towel on the wooden lounge chair if you go back to your room for awhile and your chair and towel will be waiting for you when you return. Paddle surfing available for $25 per hour, also kayak and floaties available. The beach company running things was very friendly...beach service rentals run from 9am-5pm. At 5pm they pick the rentals and umbrellas. The wooden lounge chairs stay in place and are useable by simply putting down a towel for early or late beach goers.

No restaurants in walking distance from this hotel....there is the free bus trolley in Pensacola but we didn't use it and I don't know the hours of service. It is all about the parking spot....you need to find a parking spot at a restaurant so you can wait 1hr + to eat. We solved this by eating a BIG free beakfast and hitting the beach early.....we went up to the room by about 2:30pm, got cleaned up and went to dinner before the big crowds formed.

You won't regret booking at this hotel. Every room has a great view of the beach and ocean.

Room Tip: Hit the beach early and go for dinner early....it isn't about the wait at a restaurant, it is ab...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MickTex
Arkansas
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Our stay at the Holiday Inn Express was perfect. We didn't want a condo for just the two of us and I wanted "housecleaning" daily. We couldn't have picked a better location. Nice breakfast every morning is included. There was always an ample supply of beach towels available for the beach or pool. The rooms and hotel were exceptionally clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Trolley stop is right in front of the hotel. The very best part.........all rooms face the Gulf!!!! Highly recommend!!

Room Tip: All rooms are facing the Gulf so you won't be disappointed!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sandcastles08
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Really enjoyed our stay here. ALL rooms face the beach and have a walkout balcony. The view is stunning. Rooms were large, well appointed and spotlessly clean. The staff was fantastic and could answer all our questions. The beach is gorgeous and there is a catwalk from the hotel to the beach. The pool is also great. You are within walking distance of the main strip and there is a trolley (free) that stops out front a couple times an hour.

Room Tip: Honestly, I don't think there is a bad room in the house.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Hoosierpal
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed at this hotel years ago when it was The Dunes and it's still just as lovely today! The staff accommodated our early check-in request w/ little notice and provided special touches like freshly baked cookies, popcorn and fruit in the lobby. Our room had a beautiful view of Pensacola Beach. We (family of four) can't wait to return to the emerald waters of the Gulf.

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view-great location & value.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PinkChocolateBeach
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 4, 2012

The entire staff and Guest Service Mgr. treated us like we were Royalty! The Manager had called us the day before we arrived and asked if she could upgrade our stay to the Penthouse Suite - which was beautiful. When we arrived - they had put our names on the outside hotel marquee - "Welcome Mr. & Mrs May". We were scheduled to stay 2 nights and during the 1st night - we had received a phone call from home regarding a brother that had a stroke. Unfortunately, we had to leave the next morning and knew that we probably would not get a refund of the 2nd nights stay. However, the Mgr. was so kind - and, she did refund us that next nights stay. The suite was just beautiful and clean. Very roomy. All other hotel staffs could benefit from taking lessons from this hotel on their wonderful customer service! I would definitely recommend this to anyone going to Pensacola Beach, Fl.

3 Thank shmay10263
Tennessee
Reviewed July 4, 2012

When we reserved our rooms using our reward nights points, I really didn't expect to get a room on the 7th floor with such a great view! Every employee we encountered had a smile or a pleasant comment for us and we were asked over and over if there was anything at all we needed. The ladies covering breakfast did a great job keeping everything tidy and replenished. Our housekeeping person was very kind in coming back later in the afternoon to clean as my son stayed in the room for most of the first day. The room itself was very nice and well appointed. My son was glad they had several premium tv channels including the Speed Channel which is usually not available. :-) The pool is small, but very nice. Towels are available at both the pool and beach access. There is a nice patio area with lots of lounge chairs and a ping pong table. You have a view of the beach or the bay wherever you are in this hotel whether you're eating breakfast or in the glass elevator. The beach is fantastic and not nearly as crowded as other areas further down. Loved the way the water forms a sand bar nearly all the way across! Would like to clarify a comment another reviewer made about the hotel loaning out rafts, skim boards, etc. The hotel does not keep a toy box for loaning out items. However, there is an area on the patio where rafts, boards, umbrellas, etc are stored that are left behind by other travelers. Sometimes, people take these with them so there may not be any there for your use. But no worries if you didn't bring your own, there are lots of stores that sell these items at reasonable prices. If I had any suggestions for this hotel, it would be that they place trash containers in a more accessible place in the breakfast area and add another in the room ( or a larger one ). We will be back!

Room Tip: Higher floors = greater views
2 Thank Janelle C