All reviewsrooms facehi expresscinnamon rollsevery room has a balconythe breakfast areafree breakfastgulf viewbreakfast staffocean frontfront desk staffwould definitely stay here againclean hotelzero entrypeg leggreat roommini fridgefort pickens
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Booked this last minute and it was fantastic. I have stayed at this property multiple times when visiting Pensacola Beach and I love it. All rooms have a Gulf View with a Balcony. There are 4 suites situated on the 8th floor and I happened to get one of those. The two at the ends have a private patio while the two in the middle have double balconies. The rooms have are a single King Suite with living room (couch has a pull-out bed) and the king room itself has a two person whirlpool bath. I will be booking this again!

Room Tip: They are all good rooms, all face the Gulf!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Derek B
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Great customer service, location, and breakfast. Right on the beach (this is the only hotel where every room has a balcony/ gulf view) and a heated pool. The breakfast was amazing with something for everyone to enjoy! A+ customer service, way to go: Tyler, Laura, and Nikki. This is the perfect place to stay. Book this hotel and you won't be disappointed! C. Joffrion

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Our room was well maintained as was the hotel. The staff was very nice. The front desk staff was very helpful giving us some local perspective in places to eat and visit. We were very pleased with our stay. The beach and water color was magnificient. The only thing we wished the rooms had was screens on the porch so the doors could be left open at night.

Room Tip: The upper floors give you a nice view of the beach. We stayed on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I chose this hotel after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, and was DELIGHTED with the results. All the praise is true and the staff at this hotel are working hard to keep it true. The facility itself is great, with large rooms with usable balconies, right on the beach with sugar pure white sand, a nice pool, convenient parking, fairly good wifi and a roomy and attractive lobby and patio with plenty of room to relax. The place looks pretty new and was very clean and fresh. The staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful and we would certainly go back there. We were there on Spring Break, but are a family and appreciated that it was not overly wild or crowded. We had a great time!

Now we did have one small encounter which soured our experience on the beach. The hotel has sold a license to an outside company to set up and rent chairs and umbrellas on the beach. This group has set up a large number of chairs with umbrellas spaced in clusters of 4 or 6 chairs about 15-20 feet apart. These are of course at the exact perfect distance from the ocean; not so close you have to move with the tide or have people stepping over you, but not so far back you are bothered by the lifeguard vehicles running up and down the beaches. The first day there we only planned to spend about two hours on the beach, so we took our own chairs and blankets out and set up in one of the spaces between two clusters of chair. We were one of the very few people on the beach, and we had a great time playing in the sand and relaxing in OUR chairs. The shade from a rental umbrella partially shaded me, but we did not touch their stuff and there were plenty of unoccupied chairs all along the beach. After an hour or so, I was approached by a rental guy who said I needed to rent the chairs or move; that we couldn't use the beach there (right in front of our hotel!) without renting chairs. Of course we had every right to be there, and we were not causing any loss of income for them, but they were bored and rude and so they argued with me. When I said I would go in and complain to the hotel and find out whether we really could not lounge on the beach without paying them, they changed their claims and said we could only set up in front or behind them but not in between. One guy then backed and told me not to bother going in and asking, we were fine unless someone wanted the chairs near us. We tried to go back to having a great time, but we were repeatedly interrupted and harassed by the other guy, then he would get back up from the guy who kept claiming they were being polite, friendly and reasonable....Lies like that. This was so annoying and upset my kids so much that I told them to leave us completely alone or I would get the hotel staff involved. The one guy came back and apologized and offered to help set up our tent for us if we came the next day and begged me to just forget the whole thing. I planned to do that, but as we were leaving the beach the other jerk stopped me to harass me and my family a bit more! We were LEAVING and he was still inserting himself into our vacation and hassling us! They were way over the line and so upset my kids that we complained at the hotel desk. I never heard if they addressed the problem but I asked them to. These guys insisted they owned the major part of the beach and we could not be there without renting chairs; if so the hotel needs to warn guests of this deal. If not, the hotel needs to rein these guys in and protect their guests' experience.

Room Tip: Ask for the higher floors for the best view, but even the second floor was great!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank BusyMomIn
Reviewed March 28, 2012

This is one of the prettiest settings for a Holiday Inn (or any hotel for that matter) that I have seen! Crystal turquoise waters, flowing gently against the warm, white sands, right out your (all-Gulf-front) balcony rooms. They don't have a bar or restaurant but very nice zero-entry WARM pool, chairs, and like I said, right on the beach. Ample parking. Listening to the waves outside my balcony right now. HIghly recommend. Comparable to Cancun Mexico!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family