All reviewsrooms facehi expresscinnamon rollsevery room has a balconythe breakfast areafree breakfastgulf viewbreakfast staffocean frontfront desk staffwould definitely stay here againclean hotelzero entrypeg leggreat roommini fridgefort pickens
Reviewed July 1, 2011

We were visiting our son in the Navy and knew he would be busy so wanted to stay on the beach and enjoy the sun while he slaved away at his day job.....this was such a nice hotel! Very comfortable, very clean, very spacious. Plenty of room for us and our daughter. All rooms face the gulf and the view is beautiful. They provide beach towels for your convenience - that was really nice! The staff at the desk were so helpful and accomodating. Great hot breakfast! Nice shelf of games and books to use. The pool was small but clean.
No restaurant - that would have been good to have. All in all, a really nice stay!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We went on our family vacation & drove to Gatlinburg, Tennessee & after 3 days there we decided to take our kids to the beach somewhere & they were begging to go as well. We had never been to the beach but had many family & friends that have & kept telling us to go. So while in Gatlinburg, I done research after research on gulf shores/orange beach bc my sister in law recommended it & I called a couple of condos but it was outrages for 4 night stay & I called every hotel there that was listed in their visitors guide & a few had openings but the cheapest one was $289. So I decided to get on trip advisor & type in Pensacola Beach & when I did the HIE came up first. I was so excited when I seen it had five star ratings on reviews. I looked at the pictures & was very pleased & read the reviews & told my husband this is it I'm calling them. They had one room left & it was a king room & I took it. It was cheaper than any of the others that I had called. We arrived the next day & it was stunningly beautiful!! The staff was very friendly & it was super clean & our room was perfect very spacious & the view was amazing. They even had there own beach lounge chairs on the beach with umbrellas & at the front desk they had water toys for you to choose from & several of them. They had sunscreen & aloevera at no charge. They had a wonderful breakfast, eggs, biscuits, sausage, gravy, pancakes, yogurt, milk, cereal, fruit, juices, donuts, bagels. It was the best hotel breakfast we had ever had & we have stayed in a bunch of hotels in the past 10 years!! There were constantly workers enjoying their jobs to keep things clean & replacing the beach towels which smelled super clean! Washing the windows daily, inside & out, cleaning the elevator, a guy was keeping the beach clean picking up sticks that had washed up. This place is the cream of the crop!! It's absolutely wonderful!! We WILL be back!! Also the cleaning lady on the 3rd floor was very friendly & nice. I needed a broom to sweep up some Oreos my little girl spilled on the balcony & she would not let me have it she said she would do it that I was not to do a thing but to enjoy my stay!! This place is really unbelievable!! I can't wait to come back!! The beach was not crowded at all it was perfect!! Thank you HIE Pensacola Beach for making our first beach experience perfect!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank countrymomof2
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed 5 nights in June for our anniversary. The hotel is very nice. The beach is beautiful, the room was clean, the staff is friendly, and the breakfast was great. We were welcomed with a "happy anniversary" sign which was a nice surprise and stayed in a room on the 4th floor. I don't think there are any rooms with poor views. Every room faces the gulf and none over look anything like the roof of another building or anything that would take away from the beautiful beach. I loved the location. After walking the beach down past the pier I was more than pleased with our choice. Our section of the beach was not crowded at all but past the pier it seemed like people were practically on top of each other. Some people may like crowds like that, but I don't so I was happy with our choice. This was our first time to Pensacola Beach and I would come back and visit again. I was not a fan of the boardwalk as it was overly crowded and I thought it seemed like a crowd that was more spring breakish (even though it wasn't spring break). I wouldn't feel comfortable going there with young kids. The Holiday Inn Express was VERY family friendly though and a very safe and comfortable place.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IllinoisTriptaker09
Reviewed June 14, 2011

... if you go there with your family. The staff is very friendly and kind. The rooms are big (we had a double bedroom) and and the decoration is nice and stylish. The rooms are very clean and hygenic in general.
The pool and seaside is great. perfect for children or families.
The only thing I have to critisize is that it's very pricy and not so cheap like other hotels around.
But accept this thing with the price we really enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn Express and would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed here for 5 days in June and love this hotel and staff. We have stayed here before and will continue to come back. The staff is friendly and they keep this hotel very clean. The beach is wonderful and most of the guest who stay here are friendly. We will be back again next year.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple