Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Paradise Inn(Pensacola Beach)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Gulf Coast Inn(Gulf Breeze)
View Hotel
All reviewsrooms facepancake machinehi expressevery room has a balconycinnamon rollsfree breakfastthe breakfast areagulf viewbreakfast staffocean frontfront desk staffwould definitely stay here againthe entire staffzero entryclean hotelpeg leggreat room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Easter weekend was a great choice for us to spend a week in Pensacola and dodge snow for a bit. Every room faces the Ocean and it is a fantastic view! The rooms are clean and well kept and the staff is very friendly and helpful. We loved everything about this place from the private beach to the inclusive hot breakfast every morning. It was a quiet, peaceful place to stay and regenerate. If you love history, Fort Pickens is just down the road. We went there several times as it also happened to be free national park week. The Blue Angels practice their manuvers over the fort on some mornings and it was a delight to be able to see it. Hoping to make this an annual event.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of the ocean
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kriscichocki
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I never wanted to leave this place!!!!
This is truly a hidden gem on the gulf coast!!!

I stumbled upon this hotel (online) by accident and I'm sure glad I did!!
They have a Facebook page as well - and Jessi was happy to answer all my questions and requests on there. Needless to say, I was in love with the place before I even got there!!

We were staying on points - but I have to say, even if I had paid for this stay - I would still love it. It's well worth whatever you pay!!! Views and Customer Service are unmatched!!

Ok, so here's the lowdown on this place - I had never been this area of Florida before and had no idea what to expect. Pensacola itself, I thought I was hard to get around... took awhile to get to places BUT there was EVERYTHING you could ever want/need...then you go over a bridge to get to the "island" where the hotel is. There is a $1.00 toll every time to enter the island - but we found it worth it to leave for food - prices ON island are very expensive and the tax is double! (Kristen, who was AMAZING at the front desk - also informed us of this fact when we checked in) It's a great view going over the bridge ..... you go down just a little bit and arrive at the hotel. Its sits pretty much by itself .... so the pictures do not lie on that!!! I wanted peace and quiet and that is exactly what we got!!
It is true that EVERY room faces the gulf and the views are gorgeous!!! The water color changes depending whether or not the sun is shinning down and how many waves. The first few days were there - it was on and off cloudy and windy - so there were a ton of waves...which in turn ment - lots of good sea shell hunting!! Something I was not expecting from the "calm" gulf side!!! (now on the last day - the water was very calm and no shells)
You also have the same amazing gulf view from breakfast every morning. We sat inside and outside ... breathtaking!!! and can I say breakfast was awesome as well!!! Standard Holiday Inn breakfast PLUS a pancake maker!! I was stoked about that!!
I noticed the gym was small but did face the gulf as well although, I never got to use it.
The pool was great! When they say it's heated - they mean it!!!! Which was perfect b/c it was VERY windy one day .. too windy for the beach.. so we went swimming - and we were warm ... it was a race to get dry and back to our room though without freezing! lol
Towels are available at the front desk to use at the beach or pool. They also have various beach toys that people leave behind ... and so my son got to use those. We in turn, left behind a pool noodle. The pool is zero entry and we really enjoyed it. Even swam at sunset. One side does face the parking lot and the other the beach... I like it though, b/c it's at the side of the hotel... so therefore, no rooms overlook the pool. I don't like it when people can watch me swim from their room!!

The beach - sugar soft sand ..... not crowded at all!!! We were there the first week of May - PERFECT!!! Temps were great..and like I said no crowds... which is what I was after.
They do have beach chairs for a rental fee and kayaks. It was also great for kite flying.

The rooms - very spacious, CLEAN ... marble top furniture... which I ment to get a picture of and forgot! sorry!! Flat screen TV's ... a separate vanity.

Also, they had some books and board games down in the breakfast area ... we did go down and use the board games one night.

Laura, at the front desk was very helpful with restaurant recommendations for the one night we did stay on the island to eat.

The only thing I would change, is I wish every room had a microwave... but you are welcome to use the one in the breakfast area - which we did - a lot! and I really didn't mind going up and down to do so. Every room does have a mini fridge.

I can't wait to go back!!! All the staff seemed to really enjoy their job .. everyone was friendly from maintenance, to housekeeping, to front desk. We had some odd requests..and they met them all!!!! I really felt at home here.... I've never really had that feeling anywhere else. THANK YOU for an amazing vacation!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank ILOVETRAVEL356
Reviewed May 21, 2011

First off I want to say a BIG THANK YOU for allowing my husband and I to have our wedding on your beach. The hotel itself is absolutely gorgeous and the rooms and staff were amazing. We arrived in Florida from Louisiana a day early and stayed over in Gulf Breeze the night before our check in date and the HIE bent over backwards to have our room ready a little early. The breakfast was good, the view from the balcony was beautiful and the beach was very clean. I can't wait to stay next year for our one year anniversary!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Tiff W
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Wow-Rooms are great, staff is awesome and we will be back. Even the breakfast we will state is above average. Thank YOU Holiday Inn's!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms face the Gulf and have great views!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wicket05
Reviewed May 14, 2011

We decided to stay at this hotel after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. Sure the neighboring Margaritaville Hotel was new and had high end decor, but higher cost and no breakfast kept us away. The location of the HIE was ideal, with every room having gulf front views. We opted for the King Suite (see photos) and were not disappointed. The closet in our room was nearly as large as some rooms we have stayed in:) The Holiday Inn was impeccably clean in all areas including the breakfast area. The breakfast offered here could almost be called a buffet with all of the different items that were available each morning! The staff were so nice as we were greeted with a smile from everyone including the housecleaning staff. The free parking was also a nice perk and we seemed to find a great spot every day. As for the beach, it was stellar in every way. Sparkling white sand, emerald water, and cloudless days made for great relaxation. We brought our own beach setup but you could rent 2 chairs and an umbrella for $25 a day from the beach-side vendor there. All told, it was a great stay in a great place in a great location!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple