“Very good bang for your buck!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Pensacola Beachfront

Days Inn Pensacola Beachfront
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Central Kentucky
“Very good bang for your buck!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2010

I'll admit, I usually stay at some of the more expensive hotel chains, but I put a lot of faith in reviews from travelers, and because of what I'd read prior to my trip, I went with Day's Inn - Pensacola Beach, Florida.

The reviewers were spot on with this hotel -- it offers a LOT for your money. We arranged to stay here for three nights, and we'd return. I'm a researcher before a trip, before we leave I'll have researched every hotell in the area, the prices, everything. And the reviews about this hotel told a lot. The room was way cheaper than any surrounding hotel, and it offered one day free with the paid reservation of two days, making the cost approx. $100/night, when all of the other hotels were at least double that. It's not the newest hotel on the beach, but it was very well maintained. We opted for an island view in this hotel but it's located directly on this stunning beach. The room was roomy, very clean, quiet, offered a complimentary continental breakfast (cereal, muffins,juice, milk, bagels, etc.). The other guests that we spoke with were happy with their room and the service that was provided. Most I learned were repeat visitors, and we will return to this hotel also.

The room offered a very large dorm size refrigerator with a freezer area, a microwave, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, iron, ironing board, etc, as most hotels offer. The island view was very nice, since the island is small you can see past the road to the gulf side and the water. The hotel was clean, remodeled, offered guest laundry at a reasonable price, had two outdoor pools, a very nice private beach. Anything that we asked for while there was taken care of promptly and by friendly staff. Check in was quick too. Plenty of good parking.

If you're looking for a decent, clean room, ample ammenities, at a great price, this is a great hotel. I can't say anything bad about it at all. It's two buildings connected, three or four stories tall, outside entrances to each room with chairs on the common balcony. You're right in the center of the island, close to the federal park and also Navarre beaches. Very close to food, stores, etc, yet quiet enough for people of any age.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Travel_Lover_1967

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2010

I got the hotel from Hotwire. I had hoped for a passable room and was pleasantly surprised. It's an older hotel but the room are very well maintained. The staff was very friendly. Everything was clean. My only complaint is that the fridge in our room was noisy. But really, that's a minor thing.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

This hotel has not been updated since the 60's. We booked a gulf view room, well our view was a palm tree and then the pool bar, which was boarded up. Our room was freezing, so much that the mirrors, tv, glass on picture frames were all covered in water. It took several hours to dry the room out. Then, of course, because we didn't run the air conditioning unit, the room was very humid. The bed was horrible. This stay will make me think twice about staying at a hotel/motel that does not have interior room doors. If you want to feel like you are staying in a motel from the 60's, stay here. I would stay elsewhere, and pay the extra money. The breakfast was a joke compared to other hotels.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Pensacola Beach hotels

Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

Visited in July 2010. Obviously not a 4 or 5 star motel but the rooms were clean the staff was professional and helpful, and the breakfast was fine. Best of all was the short walk to the beach. BP hasn't reached this part of the Gulf yet so the beaches were good. And our last day there,..... the water and the beaches were the most beautiful I've seen in years.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Cookeville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2010

Hotel staff was nice" Room very clean and Housekeeping was Great" They were on top of things" maintance guys was Running around Fixing everything from Toliets to the Air " Our Room was very nice and Bed slept Great" Pool was clean " It is well worth the money" even the beach was alot nicer than Panama beach as we had went there when we left"

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Bronx, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

Older motel with large, well maintained rooms. AC and water pressure were great and bed was comfortable. Free continental breakfast was adequate. I was on the first floor right by the office and the beach. Staff generally friendly and helpful. Motel is right on the beach. You walk between their 2 nice swimming pools right into the sand to the gulf. Beach was pristine when I was there. Water had quite a bit of seaweed though. I guess the water was churned up from tropical storm Bonnie passing through several days ago. No problems swimming though. Saw some fish swimming close by. My friends' room in another wing on the second floor had a dehumidifier running in it as well as an air cleaner, I suppose due to dampness and a musty smell I noticed. My room had no such problems, however. Laundry room on premises and package store next door. Boardwalk with bars and restaurants a 5-10 minute walk away.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Niceville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

The lady at the check-in counter was irritated, rude, and spoke down to me as though I was a child. I blew it off, figuring I wouldn't have to deal with her again and I would just enjoy my stay. The cost of the room was a great deal for a location right on the gulf side of Pensacola Beach. However, my 3 yr old son and I were taking a little mini-vacation. He was having a great time, and I let him. He was jumping on the bed after midnight and singing (maybe a little too loudly). Next thing I know, I get a knock on the door and am asked to leave immedietely due to the complaints against the noise coming from my kid. No prior warning or anything. No neighbors or hotel staff had knocked or called previous to us suddenly being asked to leave. I'd seen and heard a few parties going on that night. People walking around with beer bottles and smoking cigarettes in the elevator. How on earth can my 3yr old son having fun warrant us to be kicked out so late at night and without a refund?

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family