“Budget Hotel, Great Location - period.”

Days Inn Pensacola Beachfront
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Booked using Hotels.com for the week of 4/1 - 4/6. This is "prime time" for the Spring Break crowds so it was the most economical that was on the beach. The location is in the middle of the larger properties (Hilton, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn) but your steps away from the boardwalk or the beach. I read the reviews here and for a relaxing getaway, I did take a gamble! Luckily, it was all good - we are not hotel snobs so the small things we solved elsewhere. See below...

Towels: For some reason they only left exactly 3 (# of guest in our party). You can go to front desk for more or ask the maid to leave more behind.
Breakfast: It's a dry breakfast - boiled eggs, bagels, cereal, buns, juice and coffee. Most people brought down their room tray and stashed what they wanted back in the room. Note: Rooms have microwaves and a mini-fridge so bring your own bfast treats or go out to eat.
Atmosphere: It's Days Inn which are outside facing rooms - no lobby to walk through. We appreciated this as we have a toddler so we could step outside to sit on the balcony with him in view or make a run to the car. Noise was minimal.
Up-keep: Yes, the Inn seems a bit older and worn, but our bedding and room were clean. The t.v. worked and the WiFi held up.The carpet wasn't plush but you tend to drag sand in when returning from the beach so...wear flip flops!

On a budget and want to spend on dining, site seeing and water attractions - cool play to stay. It's no frills, so don't expect the amenities the larger hotels will provide.

Room Tip: If available, get a beachfront room. The sound side rooms are directly behind a liquor store. Drink...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank AzizMom

Reviewed April 8, 2012

My husband, two little boys and I took a last minute trip to Pensacola Beach - let me just say the beach is breathtaking - white sand, clear water and uncrowded in March but warm enough to swim.
The Days Inn was not bad - two pools that were nicely clean, the rooms were a little run down but clean - the maid service was excellent and the front desk personnel were very friendly. We had a problem with our toilet and the repairman fixed it instantly - great service.
The TV was old and fuzzy but the microwave and refrigerator worked fine. The continental breakfast was a little skimpy but the coffee was available around the clock. All and all a good hotel for the price. If you want luxury the brand new Holiday Inn next door would be better.

Room Tip: It is worth it to get a gulf front room - the view is beautiful and the gulf breeze is nice.
1  Thank ExNJGal
Reviewed April 8, 2012

This hotel is not a luxury hotel, so don't expect it, but it IS a good value for the area. Our philosophy was that we didn't want to spend a lot on a fancy hotel when we planned to spend all our time on the beach or playing around at the boardwalk, etc. The room was clean, not pretty, but clean. After the first day, we left a tip in the room and the cleaning crew did a good job, but the second day, we left the room and forgot to leave a tip. When we got back, the beds were made up bu they left us without any soap or the little towel you lay on the floor in the bathroom. I have no idea if it was just forgotten or if it was because we didn't leave a tip. Being on the ocean, everything felt a little damp, all the time so they didn't have air conditioning that dries the air, it just cooled the air. The bed was comfortable and the fridge got nice and cold. A small microwave in the room is nice to have. No flat screen TV...it's still the old kind. But who's there to watch TV, right? No room safe which is always a nice thing to have when you're leaving your valuables to go to the beach. I was dissappointed with that. the breakfast is just a few bakery items. Didn't even have toast, so I wasn't impressed with that offering. Location is fantastic as you are within easy walking distance of the popular night life, shopping and restaurants of the boardwalk.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms may not be worth the price as the walkway for everyone runs in front of the windows...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lik2laf
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I was worried using online hotwire but was extremely pleased! My first vacation in 3 yrs and my childs first spring break! I invited my parents as a thank you gift for all they have done for me. We was upgraded for free to beach side walk out on beach! Staff and guest made it like a great family feel. The free breakfast was great! Waking up every morning to walk on the beach w/o having to drive made it a dream come true for both my child and father. It was cheap so we could spend $ on other things and added having a fridge and microwave in room. The room could use a little upgrade but again we came for the beach not to lay in the room. THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS AN AMAZING HIGHLIGHT TO MY 2012. =)

Room Tip: Beach Side walk out is great! Family friendly Save money bring or get snacks and food on main land...
Reviewed March 28, 2012

we stayed 5 days in March, used a debit card to secure room; had 4 pre-auths and 2 charges for one 5 night stay appearing on my bank acct. We were travelling with family and another family member had reserved their room along with their card # in addition to our separate reservation with our card number but I was charged for both rooms unbeknownst to me until I arrived home to find my bank account considerably lower than I expected.. Still attempting to resolve the matter. Morning breakfast area is very crowded, not much room but free breakfast good for kids although same items offered every day. Coffee was good, hotel is great location, If you expect fancy atmosphere, don't stay here but good for an average beach vacation.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

We took a road trip from Texas to DC to Pensacola...I knew going in that this motel would end up being the priciest and lacking in comparison to the others. And I was right. It's old, the appliances (TV, microwave) are very, very old. But it was right on the beach & our room opened to the Gulf. So, for the price, it was an excellent choice.

It was clean. The breakfast is so, so. But the location was perfect!

1  Thank CoastalK
Reviewed March 18, 2012

After a long drive on a vacation to Florida. We were exhausted. As we entered our room their was mold on the bathroom ceiling. But it got worse. The Floor didn't look vacuumed. The mirrors were spotted. The side of the microwave and top of tv, tables and vanity filthy and had hair on them. Turned back the bed and their were curly hairs on the sheets that were not ours. Not sure where the Health Dept is but they needed to check out room 114. We ended up having to move all of our stuff to the Holiday Inn Resort next door it was more pricey but well worth the extra money for the cleanliness and comfort. I will say we werent charged for the room at the Days Inn after we complained and thank goodness bcuz my photos are worth 1000 words! I highly reccomend the Holiday Inn Resort and thanks to them for taking us in amd feeling sympathetic to what we had been through!!!! Now on with our vayK!

• Stayed: March 2012
Hilton Pensacola Beach
Hilton Pensacola Beach
#6 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pe...
#3 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze
Margaritaville Beach Hotel
Margaritaville Beach Hotel
#2 of 10 in Pensacola Beach

Been to Days Inn Pensacola Beachfront? Share your experiences!