“Nice and Laid Back Beach Place”
Review of Paradise Inn

Paradise Inn
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Reviewed April 21, 2009

We stayed at the Paradise this past weekend and we loved it!!! It is a bit of old Florida. Those looking for fancy would not be happy here. But if you prefer a laid back, easy going, friendlly place to stay with an awesome bay beach front bar and grill with live music and great drinks, you will be pleased. The rooms are decent, the pool small but sufficient and you can walk to restaurants on the island. We have stayed at more "upscale" places on P/Cola Beach over the years, but we sure did enjoy our stay at the Paradise. We'll be back!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Paradise Inn

Reviewed March 16, 2009

OK, the Paradise Inn is NOT pristine. It is a revamped, old-fahioned motor lodge on the soundside of Pensacola Beach. The housekeeping and furnishings leave something to be desired. The rooms are tiny, the bathrooms even smaller. The tv is mounted way too high. However, I really liked this place anyway. It was REAL. It has character. Yes, it is noisy at night; with loud music emanating from the bar/grill. This time of year it has more than its share of skinny, shirtless and drunk college boys. It's a fun place though. It reverberates with abundant life. The activity outside draws you to the window, if not to the bar itself. It is not your boring, average chain hotel with antiseptic rooms and silence in the lobby. If that is what you seek, you certainly will be unhappy at the Paradise, but if you want to experience some local flavor you may just love it. If you are concerned about the substantial noise, you can ask for a room set away from the bar, or do what I did and turn the air conditioner on high. I really wasn't bothered by the noise at all, although some drunk girl knocked on my door by mistake at 3:30 am. (Good thing I wasn't some bad guy). I will stay here again. It's a fun bargain for people with a little imagination and willingness to take a chance.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank budget_travel_girl
Reviewed January 3, 2009

I really wanted to like this hotel. It was cheap, on the beach, and has a great website. We were put in this room in the back corner, no natural light except one tiny window. It was really odd shaped and the TV was on the ceiling. The bed was made of foam. It advertises wireless internet but it didn't reach our room. The room smelled like mildew. Breakfast was terrible even by my low standards. We checked out and went across the street to Days Inn to finish our vacation. The staff was friendly but a little clueless. I ordered a hamburger and asked for condiments--ketchup and mayo--and even asked specifically at the bar if they were in my order.. Of course they were not and I had to go back. The waitresses at the bar were typical in that if they thought you would tip well you got great service, otherwise good luck. The band was OK. It is very loud late into the night. Spend the extra $25 bucks and stay at the Days Inn.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2008

I'm a local who tries to support the beach businesses on a regular basis. At first Paradise was great, but the service has left a sour taste in my mouth. It took me 20 minutes to get served a beer. The bartenders made eye contact at me many times and continued to ignore me. I had company in town and was appalled by the lack of attention from the service staff. The beach has gotten so out of hand and Paradise was one of the few places to go and relax and get away from the drama. Now it is nothing but drama. You can't go to the boardwalk anymore because the service staff from Flounders likes to liquor everyone up for the Stripper Show there at midnight and lets all the drunken morons ruin it for everyone. The police are constantly staked out in front of Flounders with a Paramedic on hand, but yet Flounders is FULL of under aged girls that are being let in by little horny door men. Paradise use to be an islander's best kept secret, but now I guess I'll have to pay twice the amount for a beer at Charlie Bananas to get some darn service. Paradise needs a make over if they want it to keep locals happy because whatever they are doing now just isn't meeting the average local supporters needs. Aren't locals the ones who keep the business flowing during the off season??

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Angry_Local
Reviewed July 30, 2008

We were able to check in way early. The room we got was right next to the beach, it was clean, everything was working. Then a band started to play in the bar right in front of our room and we were nto able to hear a word inside our room, not even talking about sleeping. Tables and bar guests blocked our car, so we weren't able to leave either. Loud music was going on until almost 11 pm, then it got a bit quieter - only music from a radio. Drunk people all over the parking lot, lots of beer bottles (some broken) in the parking lot and around our room and lots of cigarette butts. The management was helpful and moved us to another room (and gave us a small discount). The new room was in a much quieter place, but the internet wasn't working there and there was no shower (had to draw a bath). SImply, if you are a party animal, go for it. If you have small kids with you, you might want to look for another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 19, 2008

We attempted to check in Monday 7/14 at check in time but the rooms we reserved were not clean. We had driven for 4 hours and were ready to get in our rooms and go eat. An hour and a half later we were able to get in our rooms. Fred Sanford would not have stayed here. The place is a dump. Animals everywhere... I love animals but this was ridiculous. The pool is the size of a Mason jar lid. The first night we were there there was a band playing at the outside bar. We thought this might be an ok place minus the room... Well the band seemed to only know one song and played it over and over... They must make more money at the bar than they do the motel. We went to eat supper and came back to NO PARKING... Locals filled the motel parking lot so they could get their drinking done. We had motel personnel come out and they got tag numbers but vehicles were not moved until around 11pm. One of the motel employees while drunk stripped down to a thong and bra and got in the pool while 10-12 year old baseball players were at the pool. A couple more employees were drunk and having an argument while letting their dogs run loose. This is not a family oriented place and you should not carry children with you if you decide to stay. . The town’s sewer plant is also next door and creates quite a smell... All together the place is a dump and is definitely not a place for family...

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank mandysaint
Reviewed May 30, 2008

After reading all of the bad reviews, I was scared to stay at the Paradise Inn, but we needed a pet friendly hotel, so this was it. And I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was very, very friendly, and we had no issues with noise. The food at the bar was fantastic, and the beds were pretty comfortable. We had issues with ours dogs barking, and they were very understanding and helpful. The location is awesome, right in the middle of everything, parking was very close to the rooms, and the rooms stayed very cool, even with a single wall unit. The room was fine, good use of space, and the fridge and microwave were very helpful. A few cons - the room was pretty small and cramped, the bathroom was a closet, no place to put anything, but the standing shower was plenty big. The floor was dirty, I wore my shoes the majority of the time, and there were a few stains on the comforter, but the sheets were clean, and the bathroom and towels were clean. The free "breakfast" was a joke....a few boxes of cereal and little debbie style pecan roles. Overall, I would go back if I was traveling with my pets, and I would recommend it to those with pets. If I was not traveling with pets, I am not sure I would stay again, but mostly because the cost is the same to stay at the nicer Hampton Inn and Marriott. If it was cheaper, I would stay again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple