“Great Food, Live Music - Sit Indoors!”
Review of Peg Leg Pete's

Peg Leg Pete's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Group of 6 went there on a Tuesday night. Live music was good. We ended up getting seated outdoors and were all just dripping from the humidity and were eager to leave right after we were done eating. If you go, make sure and ask for indoor seating. Everything we had was good (crab legs, blue claw crab, gumbo, catfish) Definitely worth trying.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,388)

Reviewed August 26, 2014

I found Peg Leg Pete's on Trip Advisor and we drove over 30 miles to eat the steamer platter with shrimp and crab featured in sooooo many of the pictures. WORTH EVERY SINGLE MILE (which for the record is a beautiful drive across a long bridge, clear water and views forever).

My sampled everything from the amazing platter mentioned above to the corn dog and it was all amazing. The service was quick, friendly and super attentive without being smothering. She even accommodated my request for un-sweet tea without rolling her eyes. The shrimp were very plentiful, huge and SO good. Prep was simple letting the super fresh seafood shine on through. The fried shrimp were HUGE and made my fish hating daughter into a believer of the goodness of shrimp. There was nothing on the table that was disappointing and in fact, it was the best seafood we ate all week including a couple of stops at "upscale" restaurants along the way.

The restaurant itself is a cool mix of local joint and pirate ship - my 5 year old was delighted with the big pirates standing around for photo ops and he also thought the skeleton under the stairs was hilarious. The playground was an awesome option for the kids. It gave them something to do while I actually enjoyed my meal.

A great place for a late lunch - no wait at 2:30 - and we will definately add it to our list of favorites during our yearly vacation in Gulf Shores.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

We enjoyed the most delicious seafood when we ate here on a Sunday night. I had the fried shrimp and my husband had the seafood platter. The band was playing and we enjoyed our meal outside. The weather was pleasant and cool. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves good seafood. We actually went there again for lunch later in the week because we enjoyed our food so much.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Was on vacation in Navarre Fl last week and was told we had to try Peg Leg Pete's. We were not disappointed! Great food at a great price! We will be back!

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Have been to Peg Leg Pete's many times and have never been disappointed. The owners also own a local seafood market so everything is very fresh. In the evenings expect some good beach type music that adds to the atmosphere. Expect to wait in line any time near noon or dinner but the wait is worth it.