“Over all, I would eat there again if invited.”
Review of Peg Leg Pete's

Peg Leg Pete's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Pensacola Beach, Florida
“Over all, I would eat there again if invited.”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I was in a party of 4. Wait time 2 hours. Over crowded the people behind me kept elbowing me at my table. Not his fault, just no room to move. The food was good and fresh. The wait staff was overwhelmed and the whole room was very loud. The couple we brought there had to shout back and forth to hear each other. We just people watched and finished our food and left.

• Visited June 2014

Florence, Kentucky
“Calamari!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We were told by the guy at the liquor store in Pensacola Beach that the locals love this place but stay away during the tourist season because it was so busy. It is literally the first restaurant when you come back into town from Fort Pickens. Always packed!! We went in the mid afternoon and it was a short wait for a table. The interior is crowded and they have outdoor dining but it looked cramped as well. We just told them we would take first available. Every inch of the inside is covered is some piece of something. And dusty. Outside is encased in license plates from diners from all over. We happened to have our old plate in our car so we added ours to the mix.

Greeters and wait staff were efficient and friendly.

I guess they are "known" for their oysters but we don't eat that! LOL The calamari was absolutely fantastic! My husband had the grouper sandwich with red beans and rice. OMG! Delish! I had the shrimp and crab and again...delish.

The Grand Marlin was recommended as well but we never got around to that. Would most assuredly eat Peg Leg Pete's whenever in town!

• Visited July 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Good food, great atmosphere”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

While the wait was over an hour long the food was pretty decent. Had calamari and fried shrimp and both hit the spot. Prices are somewhat high for the quality of food but that's expected for a tourist hotspot.

They had live music so it made the wait much more enjoyable.

Overall I would go back and recommend to others.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Logan M
Springfield, MO
“Still the best”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is still the best beach restaurant in the Florida Panhandle area. I have been here over ten times and I am always satisfied. The wait can be long but it is worth it.

• Visited July 2014
“Scrumptious!”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Everything is delicious but as for the Oysters Rockefeller - there are none better anywhere! Better than NY, Philly, Texas, LA, SF, Seattle and Maine!

• Visited June 2014