“Great for drinks, atmosphere & views”
Review of Shaggy's

Shaggy's
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Shaggy's is a fun, beach, laid back restaurant with locations on Biloxi Beach, Pass Harbor, Gulfport Beach and Pensacola Beach. The menu is creative fun food with great choices for almost anyone. Looking for the perfect place to hang out or kick back. Come to the water and bring your vacation to dinner with you.
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I am not a pickey person but we did notice all our burgers buns were soggy, but the size was great and the fires were good. The staff was friendy and quick to respond, but I can say the place was not packed as it was mid day middle of the week. The oysters were good and for 2 bucks more you twice as many. I had the Shaggy burger which just seems to be a normal burger but was very tasty. I would say the place is great for light fair as drinks and the setting makes a place I will come back to.

1  Thank Jrebolledo

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were in town for the Pensacola Beach Half Marathon and saw Shaggys and decided to eat there for lunch. Great Spot and nice views but that is all. We ordered a couple of beers which took forever to get and it was not busy. Once we go them we ordered a side house salad and crawfish as starters and also ordered our lunch which was nachos and fish sandwich. We sat there waiting for our starters and finally when i saw the waiter again after 25 minutes I asked if I could get my salad now. He said sure and then about 5 minutes later someone else brought everything out together. The crawfish were so bland-terrible. And as someone else stated the fish sandwich was tiny piece of fish. The clencher was the nachos.. the cheese was not all the way melted it was cold and small and I could count the number of black beans on it -15! My husband and I agreed worst place as far as food goes we have ever been to. Go if you want a beer and the view and you have time-service was slow, but for food, don't say I didn't warn ya!

1  Thank nowthatimetu
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

The service was great but the food was just average. The portions were very small. The Jamaican shrimp was 9 bucks and they gave us 6 small shrimp on a plate. My jalapeno hush puppies were overcooked. We had the fish of the day, as a sandwich, but the fish was smaller than the bun! We asked why and the server apologized, took the plate away and brought it back looking exactly as it was when they took it. They used the same bun, which was totally soggy now. Fries cold. We had room for chocolate cake, Which we usually never can do. I would say this is a great place to come drink and watch the sunset. If you want dinner, go somewhere else.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Shaggy's was okay--I don't really have any major complaints. It seemed to be family friendly, as well as popular with the college and adult crowds. It has a great location for seeing a beautiful sunset. I had the fish sandwich. It wasn't a good piece of fish, which happens sometimes I guess. It was flavorful, though, and I opted for sweet potato fries to go with it. Happy hour was from 3-7. We got half price draft beers, although there were only a few choices. Our waiter was very friendly and attentive, but it took a long time for us to get our beers. My daughter devoured her pulled pork sandwich, and my other daughter liked her chicken tenders basket. My husband ordered a quesadilla which was so-so. I would probably come here again, probably more for the location than the food. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you come here, just don't expect to be wowed.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Shaggy's has a very nice selection of burgers. Burgers have very good flavor and are huge! Nice atmosphere with good views of the area. On your right just after you come onto the beach. Service is a little slow, and inconsistent. Margarita specials are nice.