Fort Pickens Campground
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Pensacola Beach
See available hotels
View Hotel
Gulf Coast Inn(Gulf Breeze)
View Hotel
All reviewscamp storelangdon beachtent campingbig rigsdump stationoverflow parkingsenior passfire ringbathrooms and showerstravel trailercamp groundblue angels practicingbathroom facilitytree covercamp hostflorida trailself guided
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 21, 2012

When it's spring break and you want a wholesome family place to go....good luck! Fort Pickens is a safe wonderful place to enjoy a relaxing stress free vacation. The park is full of retired folks and young families- no unruly party kids or drunken idiots to be vulgar or foolish. The views are spectacular, the fort has great history, the bay side is a great place to snorkel & escape the wind. We always see the Blue Angels practicing. Bring your bikes & enjoy. We love it here every year.

• Stayed: April 2011
6  Thank Jodi D
Reviewed February 25, 2012

We camped here a few weeks ago (Feb 2012). Let me start out by saying this isn't the Fort Pickens Campground I remember as a kid. After Hurricane Ivan it has changed, not as many trees and shade and I think it's probably taking a while for some of the wild life to come back too which is sad. But I also think they might have added some more camping spots (not positive on this) and made it a little more congested. It feels like the campsites are right on top of each other. It seems like it would probably be okay for those in big rigs who don't really do much outside of their resort campers, but for those in tents, it leaves you with very little, to no privacy at all from your neighbors. We camp with our kids ages 7 and 4 and without any sort of barrier in between camp sites it can be hard to know where our site ends and the other one begins, especially to kids. We had a great time anyways and the kids loved it. But personally, I was a little disappointed with the lack of privacy. We love Pensacola Beach and the Fort itself, but we probably won't camp here again unless we were to get only a few select sites that I scoped out. Also, the bathrooms were old and kind of dirty, not a game changer for me, but may be for some, one plus though is they were heated which was nice in the cold weather. Make sure to bring in your own handsoap and paper towels to wash your hands.

Room Tip: Take a ride through the campground before choosing a site if possible, the pictures online can be decieving.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank anjelina55
Reviewed February 4, 2012

We camped in our travel trailer in July 2011. Stayed on loop e, site 22. Great site. Could walk a few feet to the bay. Negative things about the trip: Hot, bugs and bathrooms clean but rustic. The positives out weigh the negative. Beautiful private beaches (no crowds, no condos, no high-rises). Wildlife was increbible. Plenty of bike and walking trails. One of the highlights of the trip was our private air show given by the Blue Angels. Blue angels base is just across the bay. They were practicing for a upcoming show. Pensacola beach has plenty of restaurants for a night out.

• Stayed: July 2011
12  Thank Stephanie S
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Not a bad experience if you don't mind parking your rig in an open treeless area, somewhat like a big parking lot with grass between sites. Absolutely no privacy. I didn't take any pictures of my view of the dumpster but I am thinking about taking such kind of pictures during my future camp outings and posting them online so that the 'real' look of the campground can be seen, rather than all the bells and whistles that are online at ra and rc. The Gulf is absolutely gorgeous, the sand dunes real beauties and the birds are enchanting.

Room Tip: If you do want privacy this is not the campground for you. In fact, it's not easy to find such a campground. When I do I will congratulate the designers.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
8  Thank Golden Z
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Beautiful campground. Electric and water in good condition. Paved pads. Bath houses weren't perfect, but I didn't spend much time there anyway. Camp store that sold beer. Short walk to the beach. Couldn't figure out a way to use the inflatable boat though. They have a small ramp behind the visitors center but wouldn't let me store the boat anywhere.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family