“Big time hotel..small time crooks”

Hilton Pensacola Beach
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 6, 2010

Lousy, noisy room, nice friendly employees..when we checked out they stffed us for $18 for their so-called free internet. Mastercard disallowed the charge. Ruined my high opinion of Hilton.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank k9qfr
There are newer reviews for Hilton Pensacola Beach

Reviewed May 1, 2010

Just to give you some background I spend over 200 nights a year in a hotel and check in a hotel about +/- 70 times during the same period and so far this hotel has the worst front desk staff I have seen in the last 3 years.

WhenI checked in the lady was very helpful at first called the bellman for me and we got the lugagge out of the car and I was checked in rather quick. Once I got to the room I realized a terrible smell (Extremely musty and the carpet was very dirty) I went down to the front desk and asked to another associate to please change my room, she looked at me as if I was bothering her and told me " well I can move you to another room in the same floor or in a different floor" to which I answered that it didn't matter just as long as id didn't have the musty smell to which she replied "well that is something you will have to see when you ge there" never apologized, never said anything else... I went to the new room that had the same smell, a dirty carpet and even a worst view than my previous room so once again I had to go back fown to the front desk and ask for another room (Have in mind I just drove for 8 hours to get to this place, all I wanted was to get something to eat and sleep so I could get to my meeting the next morning) The desk clerk gave me a look but did change my room and finally apologized, however never offered to send someone to help me to move my luggage or to have someone check the room before I went in there so one more time I had to do their job for them and checked the room which wasn't smelling fresh like I would have expected from a Hilton property but it was an improvement went back downstairs to my original room and with the help of my girlfriend as best as we could took all of our luggage and took it to the new room. I think that we might have spend around 45 minutes during this whole process which I would rather have used sleeping. When I left for dinner I told the des clerk to please deactivate the internet from my room (which they don't tell you there is a charge for and that you have to ask to be deactivated if you don't want it; backwards from any other hotel in the world when if you use it you pay for it; I was just lucky to find out because the bellman told me). The next day I spoke with Casey the manager who was very polite and apologized for the situation and offered an upgrade which I declined as it seemed pointless to me to move to a different room when we were already unpacked. he did send to my room after an hour or so, some breakfast coupons which I thought it was nice of him. Upon check out , I talked to casey and he gave me a late check out, but when I went to check out I was standing at the front desk and was ignored by the three attendants that were just standing there for a few minutes until the lady from the concierge desk saw me and asked me if she could help me and she check me out of the room. the rest of the front desk staff absolutely useless, another two bellman sees my girlfriend and I carrying all of those bags as we try to exit the building they just look at us and never try to even offer help.
I wasn't the only person that complaint about the front desk staff a group of women next to us at the pool was complaining to the pool bar server about how rude the front desk girls were.
Other negatives.
The person from the room across mine ordered room service and left his tray out with leftovers which took the staff more than one full day to pick up. Only one elevator out of the two for the seven story building was working which made for a full and very slow elevator all the time. The water pressure in the shower was very low and the temperature was warm at best.
The positives
The location was great right on the beach, the facilities are nice and it has both an indoor and an outdoor pool. Parking is free unless you do the valet parking.

I will never stay there again or would recommend this place to anyone because this place was a big dissapointement for me.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank favargas
Reviewed April 22, 2010

My boyfriend and I decided to take a trip without the kids because we just needed some time away. Omg the hotel was amazing. Even though it was a busy weekend the front desk clerk Will was amazing he even remembered my name the whole time we were there. So my mom has worked for hilton properties for years so she has taught all her kids to inspect the rooms and to know when the sheets were popped sooo of course i did an inspection and omg the bathroom smelled awesome it was clean and the view from the balcony was priceless. We were just aa minute or two from the boardwalk and the other beaches. I have to say though that 15 dollars for breakfast was a little much and H20 was a little pricey but what do you expect when you are in a major vacation spot. All in all it was an awesome stay. We were sad to leave but we are going to take our three kids there in september.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brandi1485
Reviewed April 9, 2010

This Hilton has the nicest suites out of any of the Hilton hotels I've stayed at. Their staff is super friendly, and will go out of their way to keep you happy. We visit here 2 to 3 times a year for extended weekends, and I can honestly say I've never had a problem.

The other cool thing is that they have the best kiddy pool I've ever seen. The kids have a blast running through the fountains. We intend to visit again this year. Going to this hotel has been some of the best trips we've had in our lives.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2010

I just got home from staying here and already want to go back. I had two-day conference for about 40 people at the Hilton and cannot say enough about how great an experience it was. Every staff member I dealt with was courteous, cheerful and exceptionally helpful. The conference room was perfect...the only problem was keeping people focused and off of the balcony overlooking the beautiful beach.

Nice rooms - Clean, adequate space, bathroom fixtures appeared new.

Had breakfast in the restaurant. Service and food quality was excellent. $15 for the breakfast buffet...comparable to other hotels I have visited, but this one was of better quality.

Lots of families with kids running around. The pool area was very inviting; however I didn't make it out there.

Overall, a very pleasant experience. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice place on the beach.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We were in Florida for a spring break softball tournament for our daughter & we stayed here while she stayed at the Comfort Inn with the team. We loved this hotel! Great location, very comfortable, clean room, nice amenities and excellent staff. The weather was a little chilly and the beautiful outdoor pools were completely unused because they were not heated. The hottub was full the whole time & alot of the people staying at the Hilton were going next door to the Hampton Inn's pool because it was heated. Well worth the extra money we paid for the Hilton because the Comfort Inn was a complete dump!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2010

I stay here about 1x per month, and this hotel is almost always great !!

From the front desk, to housekeeping to the FANTASTIC sushi downstairs, I keep staying here on a regular basis.

For Hilton Diamond Members like myself, quite frequently I get upgraded and have a FANTASTIAC balcony and corner room.

Haven't taken the time to read what others say about this place, but i'm very impressed.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business