“Great stay with a great front desk surpervisor”

Hilton Pensacola Beach
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great stay with a great front desk surpervisor”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We arrived and right from the start, the supervisor Robert Ballenberger just terrific. He was all about making our stay the best. The thing that made this stand out to me was we were only a one night guest. He made us feel like we were the most important guest. I do hope Hilton can find a way to recognize him for these actions.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ronald G
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you for the great comments on your survey about your stay, especially mentioning Robert. He has been with us for a while now, and does a fantastic job and has great customer service skills. Hurry back to see us again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Had a nice visit. Windy and cold. But staff was exceptional! They made our visit fun. We will be back. And recommend it to anyone looking for a fun friendly place to stay in Pensacola!
The view here is unbelievable from the 10 th for where we stayed.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ron W
You are correct, the view up there is spectacular!!! So glad you had a great time and your comments on our staff!!! Hurry back to see us soon.
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We really loved visiting Pensacola and were lucky to be staying at the Hilton where we could get into the hot tub and be super close to everything. Also had friendly service by Daniela at the front desk.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Denise W
Your right about the hot tub and location, it is fantastic! Thank you for your comments, come back very soon!!!
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This hotel is in the perfect location. The lobby and rooms are great; they are clean and comfortable. Parking is easy. The food at H20 is awesome, although you have to pay for the breakfasts and internet.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the great comments on our hotel, especially our H2O restaurant, they do a great job!!!
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed January 1, 2014

From the front desk to the coffee shop and restaurant not one person working there seemed to care about the guest. I think they were overwhelmed and under staffed maybe not prepared for the crowd of New Years eve. I am a local but this is not a hotel I will stay at again if staying on the beach.

1 Thank linda7432
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
I must apologize for your experiences during New Year's eve. Yes our hotel was sold out but doesn't excuse your experiences. If you would like to discuss further I may be reached at gina.dudley@hilton.com.
United States
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I have never written a review on Trip Advisor before but I felt it necessary to not wait until I got home to warn others about this hotel. I am a Hilton Honors member and have stayed at Hilton hotels around the world. The name evokes a level of quality and service that a traveler comes to expect. I am extremely disappointed in this hotel. There are two towers and my room is in the main (older) building. We booked a standard King room and was offered a free upgrade to a gulf-view room with balcony at check-in. That is all that can be said good about this hotel.

We had driven 7 hours to get here, so upon entering the room all we wanted to do was unpack and relax. It was not until I had taken everything out of my suitcase and went in to the bathroom to put away the toiletries that I noticed the rust on the rack that holds the towels. Although this grossed me out, we decided to not make a big deal of it because we had already taken everything out of the suitcases and put them away. I then decided to take a shower but the water was cold. Keep in mind this is late December so a cold shower is not an option. I called the Front Desk and was told to let the water "run for 10 minutes because it has to come up from the boiler". I asked her if what she was saying was a joke. I figured this had to be some prank reality TV show I was on and that the cameras were going to come out at any minute. THIS IS A HILTON HOTEL........let the water run for 10 minutes to get hot......REALLY?!!!?!!! It was no joke. I let the water run and after about 4-5 minutes it became hot enough to get in.

If you are a light sleeper, forget it. The HVAC unit in the room makes a loud thump each time it cuts on and off. I have not slept throughout the night since we have been here. I am awake at 6AM writing this. If tonight were not New Years Eve I would tell my fiancé we are leaving a day early.

The room came with free breakfast. I have managed a buffet restaurant and let me tell you, I would fire someone if I walked in and it looked the way that bar looked. The pans were almost empty of some items. A pet peeve of mine is to see dry gravy around the rim of the pans on a bar. You have to keep things wiped down and presentable. They never came out from the back of the kitchen to wipe down any of the spilled food between the pans. I was so appalled that I got a bagel and left.

Room Tip: Do not stay in main building.
4 Thank Patresa
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you so much for your review, I would to apologize upfront on your comments and would like to dig into this further. If you would like to talk further please contact me at gina.dudley@hilton.com.
Vallejo, California
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I dont normally take the time to write reviews like this but Jacqueline who works at the front desk of the Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front Hotel was so extremely kind and accomodating to me and my new fiance' that I had to write a small review and say thank you. She made my experience with sorting out my bill very normal and was accomodating to my requests. I hope that the Hilton continues to hire employees like Jacqueline because she is what repeat business is all about!! Thank you Jacqueline!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the double queen gulf side rooms...its worth waking up to the sound of the Gulf ocean eve...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a survey and mentioning Jacqueline!! She does a great job for us!!