“Mini-Vacation”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Pensacola, United States
“Mini-Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed overnight for an event we attended in the hotel. The room was well-appointed, very clean, and had a fabulous view. The staff was welcoming and efficient during he check-in process and we were afforded an upgrade to a room with a view.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Ronald B
I appreciate your feedback via Trip Advisor. It is always a pleasure to hear our guests enjoying a wonderful experience at the Hilton Pensacola Beach. Thank you.
Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
Miramar Beach, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Wonderful place to stay - right on the beach! ...great, friendly and efficient staff. Well managed property! We definitely plan to return often! Food and beverage service above expectations and room far exceeded the norm.

Dear Edward E,
Thank you for taking your time to send such a wonderful write up and we look forward to your next visit. Please take care.
Edwardsville, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

This hotel is located right on the beach and close to all the restaurants and bars in the area. It could offer a beautiful vacation experience to its guests if it weren't for one immense problem: the service is really horrible. I have traveled around the world, stayed in hotels all over the US, visited many Hilton properties, and never in my life have I encountered such an incredibly poor level of service.

Upon arrival at 2:45 pm, we were told that our room wasn't ready. We waited in the lobby until 3:20 pm for the room to be prepared.In all that time, nobody appeared to help us with our suitcase. We stayed for 10 days, so there was a fair amount of luggage. I'm recovering from a major abdominal surgery, so it would have been nice to have a bellboy assist me with my bags. However, this hotel doesn't offer this service, it seems.

When we were told the room was ready, it turned out it wasn't all that ready. It was very poorly cleaned, with hairs in the bathtub and even small bloodstains (seriously!) on the sheets. The blanket was quite dirty and should have been discarded a long time ago.

Overall, cleanliness was an unattainable ideal for the hotel's housekeeping. Our room was cleaned only every other day. At the end of our stay, it wasn't cleaned for 2 days in a row. I asked about this issue at the reception but the receptionist acted like I was being a nuisance and told me that housekeeping was overworked. We kept asking and leaving messages for the room to be cleaned but were ignored. This is not the standard of hospitality that I expect from a Hilton property!

On those rare occasions when the room was cleaned, it still remained quite dirty. Many of the surfaces were covered in ugly smudges. We would often have to hunt for our reading glasses and shoes under the bed and behind furniture. Apparently, the cleaners would knock them off or drop them and never bother to pick them up. We were leaving very good tips for the cleaners every day but that produced no result.

Often, we would come back to our room at about 5:30 pm and discover members of the cleaning staff hanging in the hallway. As we'd enter the room, they would burst out laughing. It sounded to us like they were making fun of the idiot guests who, yet again, would discover a dirty room.

Another big issue at the hotel is that the furniture in the main building is very dated. There was this cupboard in our room that had boards falling off because it was so ancient. What's up with this cheapness that makes the hotel's management try to utilize furniture that should have been tossed 15 years ago?

As for the H2O restaurant, it offers very good and cheap breakfasts and tolerable, albeit expensive, sushi. Its dinner menu, however, is not worth the money the restaurant charges for it. The food is bland and boring, and you will lose nothing by avoiding it.

I will not be coming back to this hotel and I will warn everybody i know away from it because it is ridiculous that one should have to endure this horrible service and deal with furniture that is literally falling apart in a dirty room for the kind of money this property charges its guests. Even the amazing location cannot compensate for the horrible standards of hospitality.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 610 in the main building and I suggest you avoid it all costs. The furniture is lit...
3 Thank Olga B
Dear Olga B,
Thank yoiu for submitting a review of your stay here at the Hilton Pensacola Beach. I must apologize we did not meet your expectations during your stay. Our front desk, restaurant and housekeeping staff should always be very conscientious about the level of service to our Guests. I do hope that despite this, that you will reconsider staying with us again. Please contact me directly at gina.dudley@hilton.com to discuss this. Thank you.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was at the Hilton Gulf Front in October 2013 for a business trip for a week. Overall, I was very impressed with the hotel, on-site restaurants, pool and most importantly the customer service. I interacted with Joey and Chris at the front desk and from check in to check out, they focused 100% on making sure that I had everything that I needed. From recommending local restaurants and a good running route they delivered. During the week, I ate at most of the local restaurants and the on-site sushi grill, Bonsai, was far and away the most outstanding place. Very reasonable prices and amazing freshness/quality. The rooms were clean and exactly what you would expect from a Hilton. This was a great way to experience Pensacola Beach in the off-season. We are looking forward to going back on a family trip to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear anthony c,
Thank you so much for submitting such a wonderful review of your stay here at the Hilton Pensacola Beach. Joey and Chris were so excited and thrilled to have been mentioned in your review. They both truly love making sure our Guests are happy and comfortable. Thank you for taking time to send such a wonderful write up. Take care.
Clarksville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

This was our 4th time at the Hilton in Pensacola Beach, and we were a little let down after this last visit. Here are the really good things about this hotel: the beds are comfortable, the location is great, and they have a wonderful kiddie pool that our toddler loves! But this last visit was definitely not what we had in mind. We stayed in a junior suite and upon checking in, we found that the room had not been properly cleaned. The shower still had hair in it from the last renters and something sticky had been spilled on the balcony floor. I just rinsed out the shower, but we called the front desk to have someone to clean the balcony. We had to call twice before someone finally showed up. Our second full day, we spent all day out of our room and by 2:00 pm our room had not been cleaned. So, we called the front desk to request someone to come clean it and let them know we were leaving our room. We left our room again and stayed gone until 5:00 pm. When we got back at 5, our room had still not been cleaned! So, we had no clean towels and 3 people that needed to shower. We called the front desk again to ask for towels and for someone just to come take our trash. At 5:30, still nothing. My husband went down to the front desk and they told him they only had one cleaner working that day! ???They gave us beach towels so that we could shower...... Our last full day, I went down in the morning to ask to see one of their bigger rooms that has 2 and 3 bedrooms and a full kitchen because this was something that we were thinking of getting our next visit. The not-so-nice girl at the front desk told me that all of these rooms were full at the time. This was in the middle of October and in the middle of the week, and the hotel was not very busy. So, I then asked her how many of the bigger condo-type rooms that they had and she said she didn't know (but somehow knew they were all full??) Annoyed, she asked the guy next to her and he told me that there was a total of 26 of these rooms. It was a little hard for me to believe that they were all full. But the somewhat nicer gentleman told me that I could check back around 1pm which was after check out to see if any were vacant then...which we did and were still told they were all full. Upon checking out early the very next morning, my husband happen to see a maintenance worker (who, by the way, were the only people on staff that were even remotely friendly during our stay) coming out of one of the multi-bedroom rooms that was on our floor, and he asked if the room was vacant. The man said it was and, without hesitation, he let my husband look at the room. We are still not sure why the front desk would not take the time to show us these rooms as they were NOT all full. All in all, we just expected a better experience. The staff was rude, the service was not great, and the place just wasn't very clean (there was a used Band-Aid on the side of the kiddie pool for 2 days...my husband finally picked it up and threw it away). Pensacola Beach is such a great and beautiful place to visit and it's a shame that the staff at the Hilton could not be more accommodating or more friendly. If you choose to visit this hotel, I hope you find the staff in a better mood than we did.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jaclynn M
Thank you so much for your review. I must apologize we did not meet your expectations during your stay. If you would like to discuss further, please contact me at gina.dudley@hilton.com.
High Point, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

The motel was great, get a beach front room and you will love it. The associates were very professional and take care of their guest. Room service is great, working in the evenings on the terrace was nice.

Room Tip: Pick a beach front room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear johnboy1969,
Thank you for taking the time to send in a wonderful review of your most current stay at the Hilton Pensacola Beach. We appreciate the compliments about our locatioon and the views from your room. Take care.
Sincerly,
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was part of a wedding party where the bride/groom were to wed. Upon my arrival, the whole wedding party was able to check in except my husband and I. We were told our room was not ready. After several hours of waiting, we were able to check in however the room we had smelled bad, was outdated and need minor repairs. Already unhappy because my husband and I missed an event that night due to waiting for our original room, I went to the front desk to explain how dissatisfied I was. Chris immediately upgraded us another room. At this moment, it was the start of a wonderful stay and the rest of the time at the Hilton was exquisite. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Rene S.
Thank you for the great review, expecially since your special day became wonderful memories at the Hilton Pensacola Beach.
It is always exciting to read about one of our Team Members delivering outstanding service to our Guests. Chris started earlier this summer, and has done a wonderful job of making our Guests happy. He was absolutely happy to revieve a mention. Thank you
Sinderly,