I'm submitting this review a bit late but, am just now finding the time to do so. Grandkids are a lot to keep up with but, well worth it. This was our first time staying with the wonderful folks at the Hilton on Pensacola Beach!
We were greeted by the bell staff and wonderful smiles, at the front desk. Matt helped us with our luggage and showed us to our room. He was very helpful and eager to give us ideas about things to do, during our stay. Our room was incredible! We were there for 4 nights and never had any issue with anything in our room. The view of the beach and pools, was incredible.
The food from the hotel restaurant was very good. The lady making omletts and waffles, I think her name was Shelly, for the kids, was so nice and wanted to make sure we had what we had whatever we wanted, every morning. Also, her cheese grits are to die for!
2 of the days we were there, we sat by the pool and orderd from the poolside bar. I wish they'd had some healthier sandwich and appetizer choices but, what they offered was very good. The kids enjoyed their own, personal pizzas. We were approached by Emma and James, who were a delight to talk to. They inquired about our visit and where we were from and if there was anything that could be done to make our visit any better. I told them I would love a swim up bar but, other than that, everything was great! They gave my grandkids some beachy gifts and I got a free beer for the kids posting happy comments on the hotels facebook page.
We enjoyed the other 2 afternoons on the beach and taking in some of the local beach places. Also we really enjoyed a dolphin watching cruise with the folks at Chasin Fins. What fun! Kids wanted to go parasailing but, I wasn't too keen on that idea. We settled for put put golf, instead.
In closing this was the best summer vacation a Grandmother could have hoped for. The only issue we encountered was that we couldn't stay longer and that the pool umbrellas were seldom ever up, as it was "too windy". Surely, there's some way that could have been fixed.
We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At our beachfront hotel in Pensacola Beach, Florida – recently named No. 5 of all U.S. beaches by TripAdvisor – we treat every guest to an extraordinary experience, from the minute you check-in to the moment you check out your private Gulf front balcony. All of our stylish and comfortable rooms come with a view, because there’s water in every direction – whether you’re looking at the Gulf of Mexico or the Santa Rosa Sound. Even our wide-open lobby feels aquatic – decorated in shades of blue, with glass chandeliers like floating bubbles and floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking our pool deck, which leads to the beach. Which leads to the beach … there is so much to do here, whatever you like to do. Relax. Dine. Swim. Shop. Explore. Pensacola Beach and the inland City of Pensacola are home to beautiful scenery, exciting arts and culture, interesting history, boundless outdoor adventure and culinary delights to please any palate. We’re located on one of the world’s whitest beaches, in the center of everything. When you stay with us, you’re within walking distance of the most popular local restaurants and attractions. We’re also the best place on the island to host your meeting, special event or beach wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Pensacola Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front Hotel Pensacola Beach
- Pensacola Hilton
- Hilton Garden Inn Beach Pensacola