“Wonderful hotel and staff!”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I'm submitting this review a bit late but, am just now finding the time to do so. Grandkids are a lot to keep up with but, well worth it. This was our first time staying with the wonderful folks at the Hilton on Pensacola Beach!

We were greeted by the bell staff and wonderful smiles, at the front desk. Matt helped us with our luggage and showed us to our room. He was very helpful and eager to give us ideas about things to do, during our stay. Our room was incredible! We were there for 4 nights and never had any issue with anything in our room. The view of the beach and pools, was incredible.

The food from the hotel restaurant was very good. The lady making omletts and waffles, I think her name was Shelly, for the kids, was so nice and wanted to make sure we had what we had whatever we wanted, every morning. Also, her cheese grits are to die for!

2 of the days we were there, we sat by the pool and orderd from the poolside bar. I wish they'd had some healthier sandwich and appetizer choices but, what they offered was very good. The kids enjoyed their own, personal pizzas. We were approached by Emma and James, who were a delight to talk to. They inquired about our visit and where we were from and if there was anything that could be done to make our visit any better. I told them I would love a swim up bar but, other than that, everything was great! They gave my grandkids some beachy gifts and I got a free beer for the kids posting happy comments on the hotels facebook page.

We enjoyed the other 2 afternoons on the beach and taking in some of the local beach places. Also we really enjoyed a dolphin watching cruise with the folks at Chasin Fins. What fun! Kids wanted to go parasailing but, I wasn't too keen on that idea. We settled for put put golf, instead.

In closing this was the best summer vacation a Grandmother could have hoped for. The only issue we encountered was that we couldn't stay longer and that the pool umbrellas were seldom ever up, as it was "too windy". Surely, there's some way that could have been fixed.

We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Linda Jo G,
Great survey!!! So glad to see you had a great time here with your family. Thank you for the great comments about our hotel staff. Come back very soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I would like to say that I have stayed at this Hilton a couple of times and have thoroughly enjoyed my stay each and every time. This particular time we didn't stay at the Hilton but rather at a rental condo. And because our condo didn't not have a restaurant or bar, we did frequent the bar several times during our trip.

Everyone that we came in contact with was very friendly and knowledgeable. Jimmy O was our bartender on several occasions and he was fantastic!!! The bar was extremely busy but Jimmy O never missed a beat. There were also a couple of other bartenders and a bar back named Logan. They were also working their butts off.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone but even if you don't stay there, at least stop by the bar and see these people....Customer service at it's best!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear figrl496,
Thank you for the great comments on our hotel, especially about our Latitudes pool bar staff. Come back very soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The rooms were great. Had a great stay! The view was awesome of the ocean .The Hilton has great staff. My housekeeper Debbie she was very friendly and did a great job with giving me everything I needed wish I had her my hole stay. Hotel food was a little pricy. But it was a awesome family trip in along time and we will be back next year.

Dear famiy23,
Thank you so much for the special mention of Debbie! She is a wonderful member of our housekeeping staff. So glan to see you had a great time with us, and hope to see you back very soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Decided to stay here after our first hotel pick was unavailable.First thing I notice is that the hotel was beautifully decorated. We did not to pay more for the ocean view but still could watch boats on the sound. Our room were very clean and surprisingly large. I had a king room...the bed was sooo comfortable.My favorite thing was the short walk passed the pool straight to the ocean. We wanted to eat at H20 but never got the chance due to the large crowds at night (expensive too). I think it would be more convenient if the restaurant & bar was not open to the general public. Unfortunately, there were ALOT of drunks and people using the pool that we not staying there. Not to mention, limited parking. I felt like it catered toward a younger crowd but maybe that is Pensacola Beach as a whole. Anyway, over all we enjoyed our stay and I would recommend this hotel for a girls weekend.

Room Tip: Stay in the tower or request top floor on lower level

Dear LastMinute_40509,
Thank you for your survey on your recent stay, I was glad to see your room and the view were very enjoyable. Your are correct, we were very busy during this time of the year, so I understand your comments about our pool areas. Your feedback regarding these items is so valuable to our efforts to continuously improving on our services and amenities. We hope you return to visit our Hilton soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a beautiful and well managed hotel. Perfect for families and a great business meeting/convention facility. The H2O restaurant is one of the best in NW Florida !!
As a frequent traveler, I can assure everyone reading this revue that this is the hotel for you. Location, Location, Location !!! Outstanding beach, Indoor pool, large outdoor pool AND a special shallow area for small children. Very attentive and courteous staff. I left my cell phone charger at home and was desperate. Hotel staff member Irina Pawlicki kindly loaned me hers for the duration of my stay. That is great customer service to a professional traveler !!!
Hilton should be very proud to have their name on this hotel.

Room Tip: The suites are perfect for families; plenty of room. Do not miss the breakfast (Miss Shirley's...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear biztravelerLouisiana,

WOW! What an awesome review and appreciate the "shout outs" for Irina and Ms. Shirley. They enjoy our Guests and they are both one of our most passionate team members at the Hilton. Please visit us often.

Gina O. Dudley, General Manager
Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Hilton was very overpriced for just average accommodations. Expected nicer décor in room. TV remote sticks & very few channels to choose from. VERY disappointed no FREE internet access in room. They charge $10.00 for 24 hours. This is the only Hotel that we have stayed at in the last 10 years that still charges for internet!!! For the cost of a room there, it should be free in the rooms. Chairs on beach have to be paid for to use with a cushion for guests.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Rogene B,

I appreciate your very valuable review of your most recent stay. We are currently reviewing the internet charge and will have a definitive decision soon. As far as the other issues, I would love to further discuss details with you. I have sent you a private message. Again we thank you for your time.

Gina O. Dudley, General Manager
Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stopped here for two nights to enjoy the beach before heading on to Orlando. It had been many years since we had been to Pensacola Beach. The last time in the area, the go to hotel was the Holiday Inn which longer longer exists. That property is now occupied by Margaritaville. In the past, we always felt underserved by the area for what the rooms cost. We were pleasantly surprised to see a dramatic uptick in hotels available. We chose the Hilton based on it's location and amenities. It was not cheap to stay here but the pool and beach access were a big incentive for us. We did have a complaint about the elevators in the tower. There are only two and one can wait quite some time for one to arrive during peak times. When an elevator finally does arrive, it can already be packed with people. This issue was more a nuisance and would not prevent us from staying here in the future. The dining options in the hotel did not appeal to us but seemed to for others judging by the crowds that patroned there. The more major complaint we had was the close proximity the beds were the air conditioner and how loud the unit was. Going forward, we would request a nicer room to hopefully avoid this problem.

Room Tip: We suggest if deciding on a suit choose a two or three bedroom unit to mitigate A/C unit noise so cl...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Michelle C,
Thank you for the great comments about our pool and beach area. I love to see what makes you happy here and so glad you picked us to vacation with so many other properties around us. Come back very soon.