“We will return!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bowling Green, KY
“We will return!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Excellent hotel and very friendly staff. Perfect location with just a few steps away from the beach. Pool area was great! My only complaints were the lack of a free continental breakfast and a lack of a vent fan in the bathroom. Because there was no ventilation, the bathroom reeked of mildew. The rest of the room was spotless, however. We have marked the Hilton as a favorite for future visits!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
So glad you enjoyed yourselves while you were here and had a great time!!! I would be glad to investigate the vent if you would like to write me with the information at gina.dudley@hilton.com. See you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
Fenton, United States
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Room was smoky. Staff was helpful and friendly and solved every issue we had. Great hotels prevent problems from happening in the first place. This hotel seemed under staffed. The front desk person also had to serve as the pool attendant many times.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Happy to see we were able to solve the issues that came up for you, if you would like to discuss further, please contact me at gina.dudley@hilton.com.
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We rented a 3 bedroom condo/hotel room in the towers. What a view and location. Close to everything with a trolley stop at the front door. This hotel is very friendly and helpful. They have thought of everything to make your vacation worry free and fun. Room was ready on time, clean and the view from the 17th floor was awesome. There are two pools; a kiddy pool with sprinklers and a seperate pool that is only 5 ft deep. Great lay out chairs all around the pool. Great place to stay!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
So glad you enjoyed our great views and pool area. 17th floor is our top floor, and you can see forever on a clear day!! See you back soon.
Jacksonville, Arkansas
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed at this facility on our way back home from Hilton Bonnet Creek Resort/Disney World. I had a situation at the Hilton Bonnet Creek with the room steward and Mark, Director of FO Operations, handled it in a stellar way. Knowing that I was headed to the Pensacola Beach Hilton - he called ahead and spoke with some of HPB's staff. So... I kind of expected HPB to be Hilton-esq, as some have put it, when I arrived to check-in. Wrong! Pure chaos! Cars all sideways in the drive, kids screaming and parents all crowded in the doorways getting drunk. The bellman unloading bags with no communication as to where to go and the bellman's/concierge desk with two employees/guys worried about looking at their muscles and trying to look all beefcake. The young (mid to late 20s) dark hair lady quickly pulled up my reservation (which we had paid in full three months prior) and informed me that the Hotel was SOLD OUT (barked it at me!) but that she had our room ready. I thought, ok !? The lobby is under some type of renovation and all the party goers were at full swing so the noise level was the equivalent of a Metallica concert. So I let that fiasco pass. I went out to gather my bags, 4yr old and my wife. She could tell I was worried. No acknowledgement that previous Hilton/Mark had called ahead. To which I know he did - because - earlier that morning he had even sent me to the Hilton/Waldorf golf shop and had some amenities waiting on me and everything else he had said was true. Anyway... to the room we went! The Hotel is OLD and the elevators are extremely slow. I've been doing building maintenance for the last ten years and I'm truly surprised that they pass inspection/code!! Anyway we get off the elevator and - THERE's my room! 3rd floor - first on the left.. I thought, JUST GREAT, now I get to listen to an old clunky elevator door and a ton of Memorial Day/Week party goers getting on & off all night. We opened the room door and it was pretty warm inside and it was a HANDYCAP room. The shower stall looked like a jungle gym over a little bitty bathtub. I tried to ignore it because I was tired from the early morning 6hr drive from Orlando. Then I turned up the AC. It sounded like the fan on your car dragging on your radiator. That did it! I politely went to the desk and talk to William. Clearly an overworked man - but handled the situation promptly. Thank you William!! This man is the ONLY reason I gave this hotel an average rating. He informed me that the girl may have sent me to that room because we had purchased it through Expedia. It didn't want to make a fuss... but I'm a Hilton Honors member and I normally book right on Hilton's website. And my wife had made this reservation so I truly wasn't sure of the Expedia thing. Anyway - he put us on the 5th floor at the end of a hall and the AC was quite and cold. Perfect! All in All... this facility is old and the décor is for the most part outdated. The pool area is nice but its small for this hotel size when it's at capacity - and its old, too. They've painted the pool with a blue paint that's slick as baby oil on glass. My wife stepped in and slipped and fell back (full body weight) on her ankle. The bar guy sold me a bottle water to use as an ice pack. (Very cool dude!) Some type of texture is needed. We stayed at the Holiday Inn next door last year and its by far a superior pool & bar area. The beach area is full of cigarette butts around the chairs - but we found that to be the case from "Crabs We Got Em" all the way down well past all the Hotels. The cleaning staff was busting their humps everywhere you looked - two thumbs up!!. Hard to polish worn-out, though. The PRICE, which was more than the 4-5 star Hilton/Waldorf Bonnet that I stayed at the whole week prior, I would have expected at least the same if not MORE! IMO - Hilton needs to Class... and then re-class all of its hotels.
So... I'd only recommend this hotel if others along the strip weren't available.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RedneckTraveler420
Thank you for giving us such detailed accounting of your stay with us, it helps us to strive to do better, and have passed your comments around to the entire management staff. Very glad to see William was able to salvage your experience. If you would like to reach out to me to discuss further you can write me at gina.dudley@hilton.com.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in a ocean view room, which offered incredible views and a beautiful room! Overall, we really liked the property and the beach was amazing with white sand and blue water. However, it was so busy at the pool and the beach during the day that I wasn't able to find a lounge chair at the pool, the pool was freezing cold, and lounge chairs on the beach cost $5 per hour! Therefore, my only hope was to sit on the beach with only a small beach towel in order to relax by the water. The front desk people were very nice, however, housekeeping lacked at this hotel. We had some kind of stickiness on our balcony when we got there which I kept stepping in and after calling about and no one ever came to clean it. The elevators were obnoxiously slow, BUSY, and HOT, requiring us to inconveniently take the stairs from the 6th floor each time. Food and drinks were very expensive on top of expensive room price. The most irritating thing we experienced was no free wi-fi in the hotel rooms (I think it was $10 a day to use in the room or something ridiculous). Even Motel 6's offer this feature... lets be real! Overall though we did love the hotel, location, and the property, just didn't think it was worth $300/night without many of the features that other cheaper hotels offer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your survey on your recent stay. I was glad to see for the most part you had a great time. You are correct, we are very busy this time of the year, so I understand your comments about seating around the pool areas. I would be interested to know more about your room experience, if you would care to write me back at gina.dudley@hilton.com.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had a great experience at the Hilton! We absolutely loved the location as it allowed access to the beach, restaurants, and fishing all within a few steps!. The highlight of each day started with the breakfast buffer/cook to order. Tip - Spend the extra $$$ to get the breakfast included in the room rate. It saves money, and is very convenient. What make this breakfast outstanding is the culinary wizardry of the Mother/Daughter duo (Shirley and ...can't recall the other name - sorry) that keeps this whole thing running and delicious food rolling out...All with phenomenal customer service. Great Time, Great Fun!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
So happy to hear about your experience, especially with our Kitchen and Shirley!!! She is a jewel and is a great Cook!!!!!! Come back and she us soon, I will pass your comments along to our team.
Carol Stream, Illinois
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The Hilton Pensacola Beach is a nice property. Location is great, rooms are comfortable and it has a really nice pool. However, for the price, I expected some things to be much better. To start, we did receive excellent and friendly service from the bell staff. They were pleasant and helpful and made some suggestions on places we could go to catch some sporting events on TV. The concierge was friendly enough, but I didn't like the fact that the price I was being quoted to rent a cabana for the day changed 3 times in one conversation.

We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant every day of our stay, and the breakfast buffet was not as good as I would expect for $15 a person, although the servers were great and very on top of things. The pool bar staff was a bit inattentive, and the drinks were weak and sugary. These issues may not have been enough for me to rate this property as average, but the lack of housekeeping warranted it. Housekeeping never visited our room the first morning after arrival. That evening, I had to call downstairs to have toilet paper delivered or we would have run out. The next day, housekeeping did visit our room and collected trash and replaced towels, but never refilled the second empty toilet paper holder, replaced our coffee and coffee cup supplies or put plastic liners in some of our trash cans. The next day, we requested that they change our linens due to getting some sand in our beds (hotel policy changes linens on 3rd day of stay unless requested sooner), however, after slipping into bed that night we discovered that the linens had not been changed and we slept in sandy beds yet another night. Obviously, none of these issues were enough to ruin our vacation, it just wasn't what we expected after paying close to $300 a night for a standard hotel room. I'm a loyal Hilton Honors member who was a little disappointed in Hilton this time.

3 Thank Nancy O
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I have read over your comments and really would like you to reach out to me to get more specifics so I may find the disconnect to the service you experienced. Please contact me directly.

Gina Dudley