Just returned from a four-night stay at the Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front. It was the first vacation my wife and I took with our newborn, and we couldn't have had a better experience.
We stayed in an oceanview 2BR condo, in the new tower which was built in 2007. The rooms were clean, spacious, and well-appointed, and the panoramic views of the ocean were breathtaking. It was incredible to have a full kitchen and laundry facilities in-unit.
The hotel grounds were well-maintained -- there was an indoor pool, and two outdoor pools and an outdoor jacuzzi, plenty of lounge chairs around the pool (though the hotel wasn't full during our visit), and a good poolside bar that served decent drinks and solid lunch fare. The outdoor pools were freezing cold, but we otherwise had no complaints. The pool areas connects to the beach via a short boardwalk, and beach chairs are available for rent from a private company for $5/hr or $30/day. The white sand beaches of the gulf are among the best we've ever experienced, and the weather in mid-May was ideal (highs in the high-70s).
We ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant, H2O, daily and were consistently impressed by the quality and variety of food available. Shirley made fantastic omelets and french toast, and the biscuits and gravy on the buffet were the best we've tasted. As a Hilton Diamond member, continental breakfast was complimentary and there was a $3 upcharge for the full buffet-- well worth it. We had an early flight on the last morning of our stay, and I was impressed when the restaurant staff offered to-go boxes for our breakfast so we could eat on-the-run (in contrast to other buffet experiences where you could only eat in the restaurant).
The hotel staff was thoughtful and helpful. We were particularly impressed with the bellman, Lucas, who made us a map of local restaurants to visit and even took the parking pass out to our car when we forgot to do so ourselves. We had great seafood at Peg-Leg Pete's and the Grand Marlin -- I'd highly recommend both.
Finally, I'll note that the hotel was very family-friendly which made us feel more comfortable traveling with our child for the first time. At the same time, there were also a number of couples without kids staying there, and they certainly seemed to be enjoying themselves as well.
I'd highly recommend this hotel-- we're already looking forward to making a return trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At our beachfront hotel in Pensacola Beach, Florida – recently named No. 5 of all U.S. beaches by TripAdvisor – we treat every guest to an extraordinary experience, from the minute you check-in to the moment you check out your private Gulf front balcony. All of our stylish and comfortable rooms come with a view, because there’s water in every direction – whether you’re looking at the Gulf of Mexico or the Santa Rosa Sound. Even our wide-open lobby feels aquatic – decorated in shades of blue, with glass chandeliers like floating bubbles and floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking our pool deck, which leads to the beach. Which leads to the beach … there is so much to do here, whatever you like to do. Relax. Dine. Swim. Shop. Explore. Pensacola Beach and the inland City of Pensacola are home to beautiful scenery, exciting arts and culture, interesting history, boundless outdoor adventure and culinary delights to please any palate. We’re located on one of the world’s whitest beaches, in the center of everything. When you stay with us, you’re within walking distance of the most popular local restaurants and attractions. We’re also the best place on the island to host your meeting, special event or beach wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Hilton Pensacola Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front Hotel Pensacola Beach
- Pensacola Hilton
- Hilton Garden Inn Beach Pensacola