Stayed there two nights for business. Had room 701, which is at the end of the hall on the top floor of tower #1. First, the room was clean and standard for a Hilton (1 king bed, a chair, a small desk, flat screen TV, small Refrigerator, small coffee pot, etc.). The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was okay (recently painted with paint on the light fixtures).
However, there were also a couple of issues. First when the desire temperature was reached, the heater stopped heating, but the fan continued to blow (even though the fan switch was set to auto), and approximately one minute after the heater turned off, the unit began blowing cold air (in January). Within 10 minutes, the room would go from 75 degrees to 69 degrees. The only solution was to manually turn the heater on and then turn it off once the room warmed up. I had to repeat this every 30 to 40 minutes as the room cooled down to 67 to 69 degrees. Second, both the hard cable internet and Wi-Fi required a code to log in.The front desk provided five different codes, before the system would accept one (hard cable connection). Then, a different code was required for each Wi-Fi device (e.g., iPad and iPhone required different codes, and once the code was accepted, you could not re-use the same code on a different device). Nine codes later, I finally had the three devices connected. No, I did not mention either of these problems to management because I was out from early morning until after dinner both evenings working.
I have stayed next door at the Hampton Inn on many occasions and have never had any issues. And the Hampton Inn is about $10.00 per night cheaper and offers free hot breakfast. I will not return to the Hilton, I will go back to the Hampton Inn next door.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At our beachfront hotel in Pensacola Beach, Florida – recently named No. 5 of all U.S. beaches by TripAdvisor – we treat every guest to an extraordinary experience, from the minute you check-in to the moment you check out your private Gulf front balcony. All of our stylish and comfortable rooms come with a view, because there’s water in every direction – whether you’re looking at the Gulf of Mexico or the Santa Rosa Sound. Even our wide-open lobby feels aquatic – decorated in shades of blue, with glass chandeliers like floating bubbles and floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking our pool deck, which leads to the beach. Which leads to the beach … there is so much to do here, whatever you like to do. Relax. Dine. Swim. Shop. Explore. Pensacola Beach and the inland City of Pensacola are home to beautiful scenery, exciting arts and culture, interesting history, boundless outdoor adventure and culinary delights to please any palate. We’re located on one of the world’s whitest beaches, in the center of everything. When you stay with us, you’re within walking distance of the most popular local restaurants and attractions. We’re also the best place on the island to host your meeting, special event or beach wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Pensacola Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front Hotel Pensacola Beach
- Pensacola Hilton
- Hilton Garden Inn Beach Pensacola