“October Paradise!!”

Hilton Pensacola Beach
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Immaculate hotel with amazing attention to detail throughout, from reservation experience through check out. The hotel staff dedication to service excellence is evident throughout. The Social Media Manager even came in on her vacation to ensure that my reservation was booked and everything was ready upon my arrival! That just doesn't happen in most hotels.

This Hilton is a hidden gem, and very relaxing vacation destination! Biggest decision was whether to have morning coffee on my Gulf view Junior Suite balcony or on the beach after grabbing a Starbucks from the lobby. Great food and service at the breakfast buffet, H20 and from Jimmy at Latitudes Beach Bar and Grill. I highly recommend visiting in October, perfect weather with highs in the low 80's, uncrowded beach with plenty of beach lounges.

Room Tip: Choose a Junior Suite in the Tower. It's absolutely worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

October Paradise, well you said it!!! The weather is absolutely beautiful this time of the year. I am thrilled you had a great time, especially with your group. I will make sure Jimmy hear's about your great comments. Look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

None of the rooms ending in _30 should be rented at this property. We were given 730, and the noise from the air handling units (for the tower??) made use of the balcony impossible, made sleeping impossible without taking a sedative!

I asked immediately after check-in for another room on the same high floor as is my preference and was told nothing was available till the next day - at which time they would be happy to move us. We were offered a 4th floor room ... but given our preference would be made good the next day, we foolishly declined.

Of course, in the entire 3 days we were there NO ONE offered us another room, as the hotel was "booked"! ... Of course, they didn't know that when we checked in on Friday afternoon - right?

Finding towels for the outside pool was another joke. Finally another guest informed me one had to go to the Front Desk to get towels ... where a room number was required??!! There was no employees anywhere near the outdoor or indoor pool on a Saturday - of a Holiday weekend - to assist with guest inquiries or needs.

The pool side bar evidently didn't open until after noon, meaning enjoying a Bloody Mary by the pool in the late morning just didn't happen.

On check out I questioned a $3 daily charge on my bill which had not appeared on my reservation. Instead of pulling up my reservation image on the hotel system, the "clerk" insisted I show her MY copy ... this was as we were all packed and leaving the hotel. Evidently it is a "county tax", but only initials are shown on the hotel bill - not even the word "Tax". Later investigation showed that, in fact the amount of my charge was less than shown on the reservation .. but the "pissy" attitude of the clerk and the inability of Hilton to prepare an accurate reservation charge did not set well.

I am a very frequent travel, but an infrequent Hilton guest who is giving them a try, and thus far almost every experience has been below par! Too bad, since pricing is often a bit less expensive than my usual brands. Maybe I'm finding out why!

Room Tip: Do NOT accept a room ending in _30. Noise is unbearable. All Gulf Front rooms have balcony . Nice
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AFloridaRoadTripper
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

So sorry we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. Please contact me directly if you wish to discuss further or if I can help with your next reservation personally.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed only one night at the Hilton and I was very impressed. The staff was very helpful and kind. Everything in the room was great and I slept through the night wonderfully which I rarely do in hotels. 5 stars across the board. :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rena W
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Wonderful to hear your comments about our comfortable beds, we get a lot of comments on them. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Best location on the beach! So close to shops and restaurants. Room was very nice and the staff was excellent! I especially loved the outside area by the pool, considering it as a location for my wedding next year!!

• Stayed: July 2012

So glad you enjoyed yourselves here at our hotel. We would love to have your wedding party here next year. Please contact Kelli Sprague our wedding Sales Manager. Hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I live in Pensacola. But anytime I have family or friends in town, or if I just need a little "me" time, there is only one place to go. The atmosphere is exactly what you are expecting when you plan a trip to Pensacola Beach. The tower is my favorite, but even the older part of the hotel is clean, comfortable and updated.

The facilities are always scrubbed and shiny, and the staff is friendly and helpful. The food is excellent, too! I don't even need to go to one of the Pensacola Beach restaurants with the H20 right in the lobby. Plus, the pool is right there with it's own bar, and I love listening to the bands and swinging on the hammock.

I recently booked a room to celebrate my little sister's 16th birthday, when she came into town. We got a spectacular view of the Gulf of Mexico and the island. The room was spotless, the beds were comfortable, and the decor just screamed "beachy-chic", which was just the experience I was hoping to give her.

As always, I will keep coming back to this little piece of Pensacola paradise.

Room Tip: Go Gulfside. It's 100% worth the extra expense. There is nothing like waking up to a salty bre...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Located in the heart of Pensacola Beach this is premium property with all the amenities. Great poo l and children s pool area. Great pool bar. Great food and beach access. Gourmet dining in H20 with excellent sushi. Clean and spacious rooms. Excellent property with friendly helpful service. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The suites are awesome. The ones on the end have a unbelievable view of the gulf and an enormous ou...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I just returned after spending five nights at the hotel and did not want to leave. Hannah checked us into 702 and went out of her way to be sure we had everything correct as a Hilton Honors member. She was not only professional but personable and is a credit to the hotel. All the staff did a great job from the maids, restaurant servers, front desk, bellman and others. The room was clean and spacious enough for us with king bed, sofa and desk. We loved our balcony view of the Gulf and had coffee every morning looking out to the water. .We really liked the idea of the small refrigerator and safe in the room. It was the little touches (like the refrigerator, coffee maker, safe) and the team work exhibited by the staff that convinced us that we will return.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Gulf are a little more expensive but they have a balcony overlooking the water. Th...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple