“Our worst experience at a Hilton thus far”

Hilton Pensacola Beach
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Our experience started poorly with unfriendly front desk staff. I know it was busy, but she did not smile once and she did not tell me anything about the amenities offered at the hotel. She did not greet me as a Hilton Honors member, and though we booked the bed and breakfast package, she mentioned nothing about breakfast or how to receive the coupons for breakfast that were part of our paid package. When we returned to the front desk after unloading our bags and asked about the breakfast coupons, she could not locate any and said that they would be sent to our room. Though we had called twice ahead of time to request a crib in the room and asked for one at check-in, we still had no crib after an hour. When the breakfast coupons were finally sent up to the room, we received only one set of coupons instead of the two sets required for our two nights of stay.

Our room was small and despite running the AC all the time, we could not decrease the humidity enough to dry any of our clothing. On the first night there was an MMA tournament being held in the parking lot (which our room faced) with loud blaring music and announcer/microphone booming voice until well after midnight, which was unpleasant for our 18 month old who was trying to sleep. The front desk staff actually laughed at me (because they were sold out) when I inquired about the availability of an upgrade so I could not have another sleepless night facing the parking lot. Thankfully the MMA tournament was only one night. We had been looking forward to him playing in the fountains in the children's pool, but for some reasont eh fountains were turned off for the duration of our stay except for the first evening. There was no binder/hotel guide/in-room dining menu in our room, and when we went to the front desk to ask for one, they said that there were none to be found. When I asked how I could order in-room dining without a menu, the staff (same discourteous person who checked us in) said that the menu was near identical to the restaurant menu and told me to "go get one of those." The evening menu for the restaurant is mostly seafood/steaks, which was disappointing since we wanted burgers/pizza. Imagine my surprise when I actually called room service and was told that both items and "many more" were avaiable on the room service menu.

On the upside, the restaurant did have a wonderful breakfast buffet and courteous restaurant staff. The location is great with a beautiful beach. Overall, this was our worst experience at any Hilton, which is sad because of the number of Hiltons we have stayed in all over the globe.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony and water view, particularly if there is some show/event being held at...
4  Thank ladybug125
There are newer reviews for Hilton Pensacola Beach

Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed here last weekend and loved it! Awesome location, very clean, wonderful restaurant! When I checked in I was upgraded to a suite that had a bedroom & livingroom. Awesome gulf view from our balcony. My whole family enjoyed it very much and can't wait to return :)

Reviewed May 1, 2012

We had 2 nights free because our last trip to this resort was terrible. We stayed 4/29/12 - 5/1/12. We checked in and the door on our room was so noisy that you could not leave the room without waking people up. The food and service for the food was still terrible. They tried to charge us for a sail boat that was rented on the beach on 4/29 which we only checked in then went to families house for the whole day and didn't get back until late. They did remove this charge but come on we travel with a 3 yr old like we could do something like that. I think there should be better checking into who is charging things to rooms. How hard is it to verify names??? The service was not good again and the food was not that good either. I would not recommend this resort to anyone! If you want a good resort stay next door at the Holiday Inn Resort!!

4  Thank mpls1639
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Dear mpls1639,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. On behalf of the team members, I apologize for your unpleasant experience. We pride ourselves on providing all our guests with great service and quality. And failing you twice is definitely inexcusable. I would like to make it right if you choose to give us a third chance. I will personally make sure that your next stay will be wonderful.

I left a message in your inbox. Hope to hear from you soon.

Gina O. Dudley, General Manager
Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front

Reviewed April 29, 2012

We have been going to this hotel for years and always stay in a suite in the new towers. The furniture and paint are getting worn out. There is no wireless internet in the rooms! Come on people...this is 2012....for $450 a night no wireless internet.
TV in second room didn't work. No video game options for kids. Just not what you would expect. Sadly, I think that we need to find a new beach hotel in Pensacola.

3  Thank r g
Reviewed April 28, 2012

The Hilton does a great job. Very attentive staff, beautiful pool, and an emerald green ocean with a white sand beach.
Rooms are large clean and in our room the views were spectacular. We were on the 17th floor of the tower with balconies overlooking the pool and beach. A few areas are showing wear but this a beach destination so that should be expected.
Property accommodates business meetings , vacationers and families well. We always have a great stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here for long weekend gettaway in Feb. As Diamond memebers with Hilton was I was disapaointed.
We booked King room, The hotel gave me a Diamond upgrade with ocean view, but with only a Queen beds.
The room had a kitchen-net in it however there was not one, glass, plate or silverware in the room.
Not sure besides a small Fridg what the point of having that a Kitchen-net was.
Location was why we chose this hotel and that it did score high with.
We booked spa treatment with affiliated spa next door. Treatments were so so nothing to right home about.
I say if you going for the beach and seafood it is a good choice.
Clean but not fancy.
I had a billing issue that showed up after I checked out. Hotel never addressed after several emails and phone calls I disputed with Amex and they took care of it.
Manager at Hilton very un responsive on this issue.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank phnett1
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Dear phnett1,

Thank you for taking the time to send in your feedback of your experience at the Hilton Pensacola Beach. We value our HHONORS Diamond Members and we are fully aware that wherever you stay, Hilton Worldwide, you expect the best service, best accomodations, and best of everything.

I apologize that your experience at our hotel was less than great. Although the upgrade was with good intentions, we should have verified your preference for a king bedded room.

I sent you a message and hope to hear from you to discuss more in details of your stay.

Gina O. Dudley
Hilton Pensacola Beach

Reviewed April 15, 2012

When we arrived, there was an MMA cage fight in the parking lot. Due to this classy Friday night event, we were forced to valet our car. They rushed us out of our car so frantically, that we had to leave some of our belongings in the car.
When we navigated through tons of drunk coeds to finally reach the front desk. The desk worker asked why were we just getting here. Like its any of her business. She was cold and distant, to say the least, and looked irritated to have to check us in.

Little did we know that we had checked in to Spring Break party central. The drunk coeds infested the hotel like roaches, drinking in the hallways, carrying on loud, off putting conversations into the wee hours of the morning. We called the front desk to complain about the noise, but no one answered. Thus, no sleep night 1.

Night 2, same problem. Since the front desk wouldn't help, I tried politely asking said coeds to either quiet down or please move to an area that was not right outside my room door. The coeds got snarky and felt that they were paying just as much as I was for their room and they could do whatever they wanted. Security was called once and responded half an hour later. Sadly as soon as the guard was on the elevator, they all came back out.

I finally got a hold of the front desk and told them that they had to to dispatch some one who could handle the hooligans in the hallway. I was really close to calling the police. I find it ludacris to pay that much for a room that I clearly wasn't able to sleep in.

The rooms weren't well cleaned. Towels weren't replenished, and an old room service plate sat out in the elevator lobby for 2 days with food still on it. Yuck! Our shower handle barely worked. The faucet was about to fall out of the wall. One of the two phones in the room had bare wire showing and the mini fridge had some crazy broken piece of wood hanging out on top.

We were guaranteed late check out and were locked out of our rooms after the normal 11 am check out. This really was the hotel from "Hell" the grumpy staff had no desire to make our stay even bearable. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: April 2012