“Poor service but great location” 2 of 5 stars

Hilton Pensacola Beach
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Franklin, Tennessee
“Poor service but great location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

We loved Pensacola. It was a great spring break location. The beach was lovely and there was no traffic. The hotel was average and the service was terrible. I actually has one employee roll her eyes at me when I requested an extra towel. While swimming with my kids on a rainy day I was told to move my towels out from under a cabana because some workers were using it for their work space, aka spot to smoke while they should have been working. The elevators and halls were always dirty and had standing water on the floor. Several times when I called down to the front desk no one answered the phone. When we checked in there was no one to be found to help with luggage and I was told that I could not use the luggage carts.
The hotel breakfast was good but had a 20 min wait each morning because they did not have many seats. Food by the pool was bad and I had to wait over 15 min at the pool bar just to place an order.
I would return to Pensacola beach again but would pick a different hotel. The Blue Angels practice at the navy base is a must see!

Room Tip: Make sure to stay in the second tower with larger balcony and great view of the beach.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank ilvshoeslane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
Rome, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

This hotel has a new and and old section. Avoid the old 6 or seven story older section in favor of the tower suite section. The older section of this hotel has older rooms that are run-down. I am a Hilton Gold member, and wasnt even able to get any type of upgrade. The repairman had to come one fix the light switch and TV remote in our room. I will never stay at this hotel again, and am seriously considering switching back to Marriott as my primary hotel for business travel.

Room Tip: Avoid staying in the old section of this hotel at all cost!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank soddyd
all over
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I have traversed the world in search of sands more wonderful than Pensacola beach and have found none. Pensacola beach is a wonderful place with all kinds of water sports including fishing, surfing, parasailing, diving, and so so much more. There is wonderful nightlife at the boardwalk (The main area on the beach) These places are Bamboo willies and Captain Funz. They are both wonderful spots with any kind of fun you are interested in.

Room Tip: Stay either at jimmy buffets new hotel+resturaunt or the Hilton. You may be able to rent a house if...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Wilbraham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

My experience at the National Institutional Meeting held by the National Spiritual Assembly of the Baha'is of the United States held on February 9-12, 2012 at the Hilton Hotel in Pensacola Beach left me with the deep sense of appreciation that would last for eternity in my heart.
The hospitality provided by our gracious hosts, Julian and Kim MacQueen was an incomparable experience in my entire life. I feel deeply privileged to have known a couple whose generosity and good will towards their fellow human being is truly exemplary. They indeed practice what they believe in through action.
The hotel staff from managers, to food service staff, to room service staff, exhibited world class courtesy in way they interacted with and served their guests and discharged their duties. Words are not adequate to express my heartfelt gratitude to our hosts at the Hilton Hotel in Pensacola Beach.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have never felt so pampered and cared for as the weekend I spent at this hotel. The food was spectacular, and the staff was more attentive and respectful than in any other hotel I've ever stayed. The beautiful view of the beach made the room a perfect way to relax and unwind. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to treat themselves to a nice getaway.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

The location is excellent. Convenient and right on the water. Can get to Pensecola if you need anything. Also close to Gulf Shores National Seashore which is awesome!!
The staff went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. They made us feel like family.
The food was terrific. I think I gained 5 pounds during my stay!!

Berkeley, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

In February, I traveled to Pensacola for a large conference hosted at this particular hotel. GOODNESS WAS IT A LOVELY EXPERIENCE! The service was unforgettable! The staff's courtesy was the kindliest I ever witnessed at a hotel or resort.
The food was Grade A meal after meal after meal!

I was in awe when I left and am very much looking forward to returning.
Know that you will enjoy it very much!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Be...
#1 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Margaritaville Beach Hotel
#2 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 987 reviews
SpringHill Suites Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites Pensacola Beac...
#3 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Portofino Island Resort
Portofino Island Resort
#7 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 909 reviews

Been to Hilton Pensacola Beach? Share your experiences!