“Clean hotel, friendly service, great beach location.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Pensacola Beach
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Thorne Bay, Alaska
“Clean hotel, friendly service, great beach location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2011

The front desk staff was very helpful, and upgraded us to a gulf side room for no charge. Rollaways are no charge. The balconies in the gulf rooms are great - although th balconies on the taller tower were larger and nicer - but my guess is those are the suites. The rates on priceline were the same as the hotel rate on their website, might be better to ring the hotel to see if they can offer you any discounts. Easy access to a beautiful beach! Parking is (was) free and right in front of the hotel. I wasn't as impressed with the food / drinks at "H2O" the in house restaurant. The offerings there are nothing special.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, December 28, 2011
Happy New Year PlumGirl!

We appreciate your review and your kudos for the Front Desk staff. I will definitely share your kind words with the team.

As far as the food offerings in H2O, I was disappointed to hear that you did not have such a wonderful experience with our restaurant. We strive to be ahead of the rest in our area with the items we offer on our menu. I would love to obtain more in detail of your feedback of our menu, presentation, and overall food quality.

Please contact me at your convenience. Thank you again for taking time to write a review about the Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front. We wish you a healthy, joyful, and prosperous New Year!

General Manager, Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
Defiance, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2011

Stayed off seasona and a delightful experience in a new property. Ask for a gulf facing suite, sumptuous. convenient to Pensacola itself, you will have a 1 dollar toll to get here, its worth it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Happy New Year Hobietim!

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front. Our sugar and snow white sand on Pensacola Beach makes you feel like your in a "beachy" winter wonderland. Off season is great for exploring other attractions in our area.

Have a wonderful holiday and we wish you a prosperous and healthy 2012!

General Manager, Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front
houston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

I stayed at this hotel during Thanksgiving week as a small treat for my two kids on our way to Atlanta. Boy was I disappointed! Being a Hilton Honors member, I've stayed at several hilton resorts throughout the country. The staff was great. Very courteous and attentive. The outdoor pool, bar area is very nice. As well as the beach. However, when I got to my room I was highly disappointed. The rooms are old and need updating. They don't even have flat screen tv's. The wall paper is in poor condition as was the carpet. And to think I was upgraded to a deluxe room. Pensacola isn't as nice as Destin so do yourself a favor and drive the extra hour to go to Destin. I will never stay at this hotel again. My rate was only $100...so that was a plus. I couldn't imagine paying full price during peak season.

Room Tip: Maybe try staying in the towers. I hear those rooms are updated.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank razin3kids
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, December 4, 2011
Dear Razin3kids,

When I read your review, I was lost for words to describe how apologetic I am about your negative experience. I am very sorry that your stay did not fulfill the expectations you had of our hotel. We have been approved by our ownership to renovate the 183 guest rooms in the original tower. It is scheduled to start early 2012.

I would love to have you return to the Hilton Pensacola Beach. Please contact me at 850-916-2999 if you decide to give us a second chance. I appreciate your review and feedback.

Thank you.

Roanoke, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

We actually didn't stay here but in some ways wish we would have. The location was wonderful! We made reservations for Thanksgiving Buffet and scouted it out the day before to get a gift card for my sister. The foyer area is very pretty and the pools are very nice. The best part is the short walk to the beach. You felt like you were at a very nice resort somewhere in the carribean. I asked the front desk clerk for a "gift certificate" of some sort to apply toward the buffet and she said they couldn't do that. After asking again and not believing that they coudn't provide some sort of gift card she finally talked to the restaurant manager. He said that it WAS possible. OF COURSE!!!! We got the gift card and then took a lovely stroll on the beach. It made me very excited to go back the next day. We were a little early for our reservation but found that they had a room open that had football game on for those and there was another room that had kids activities. They also had a small buffet of nut options to choose from while we waited. I also thought that was nice. Unfortunately the dinner part was a little dissapointing. The buffet was good but the service was HORRIBLE! If being slow was the only thing that would be one thing but not happy to be there and slow....inexcusable! We had driven from Virginia to be with my sister who come from Baton Rouge.After typing this I believe I will call management and let them know. Thank heavens it was buffet otherwise we woudn't have had any dinner. Yes the room was crowded but his only job was to fill water glasses and remove dishes. Both of which never got done, had to stop a bus boy and get water. The food was good though luckily. That helped the experience over all. The giblet gravy was very yummy and the ham was wonderful! Loved the squash casserole too. Desserts were medocre but the pumpkin cannolis were pretty amazing. We then took a stroll on the beach afterwards and my neice loved the hammocks on the property. It would be interesting to see what the rooms would have looked like. OH....they also had free yummy cookies at the front desk. That was a nice surprise. I hope that management reads these reviews to address the concerns above. You have a great property just get some staff training to it make it amazing.

Room Tip: Gulf veiw would be nice.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Hello vaweddingplanner,

I appreciate you taking your time to write a review of our Thanksgiving Brunch. First I want to apologize for the not so pleasant experience with one of our servers. I am very disappointed that one of our servers was inattentive.

I would love to invite you back and give us a chance to show you that delivering exceptional service is our priority.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you. Happy Holidays!

Gina Dudley, General Manager
Brookfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

A very nice property. Right on the beach. I stayed in the tower wing and was up graded to a jr suite.

It was a wonderful room, actually it was 2 rooms and a bathroom. When you first walk in it was the bed and down the hall was the TV/sitting room. From this room you could see the ocean. Room I think was 1134 and had a great view. Very large balcony.

Lobby was very nice and it had a Starbucks.

Only negative during my stay was the TV picture was not the best. That could be a little better but it was not horrible.

No wifi in your room so if you don't have 3G service on your iPad you can't surf the net.

I would stay at this hotel any chance I get.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank WisconsinBaderFan
Hello WisconsinBaderfan,

Thank you for taking time to write a great review about the Hilton Pensacola Beach. I apologized for the bad reception on your TV during your stay. I'll have our Engineering Department check on this issue. The Starbucks in our Butler's Pantry is absolutely a nice surprise for most of our guests. I too am a Starbucks fanatic.

We hope to see you in the near future. Happy Holidays!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

Nice hotel, great location. Rooms were quiet, beds comfortable.

• Stayed November 2011
Hello Gigi629,

We appreciate the wonderful review you gave our hotel. The Hilton Pensacola Beach is just walks away from shopping, restaurants, and the beach. Our Housekeeping Department enjoyed knowing that your guestroom experience was outstanding.

We hope to see you soon. Happy Holidays.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

The room we had was a pretty standard room in the older part of the hotel-could use a little updating. It was clean though and that's important to me. Had a friend in the tower and those rooms were super nice. No wifi in room but did have free wired Internet. Breakfast is good but a little expensive-about $16 for one person. There is a Starbucks downstairs so that is a huge plus. The pools are very nice and their beach area is nice too with chairs and umbrellas. Very good overall.

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank Micah214
Hello Micah214,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Hilton Pensacola Beach. We are scheduled to renovate the guestrooms in one of our towers and have wireless connectivity in all our guestrooms in 2012. We pride ourselves in offering you more than just a breakfast. I hope that you were able taste the made to order omelets along with your Starbucks cofee or latte.

Hope to see you soon Micah214. Happy Holidays!