Hilton Pensacola Beach
$299
SpringHill Suites
$334
$292
Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach(Pensacola Beach)(Great Value!)
$421
$169
$161
  • Breakfast included
2,452 results
All reviewssushijunior suitenew towerbunk bedsfull kitchenpool areahot tubbeautiful viewspring breakoff seasonfamily vacationh2ojrpensacolabeachpoolsbalcony
Reviewed July 25, 2011

The staff at the facility was friendly and eager to help and the beach at this property is tremendous. The staff upgraded us to a gulf view room at check-in so i would recommend, especially if you are a Hilton Honors member, booking a "resort view" and asking for the upgrade.

I would avoid staying in the smaller of the two buildings. There is a tremendous amount of noise coming from the air conditioners which are strangely located right next to the building. ALso, there is no where to put your clothing so you will live out of your bag all week. I travel on business so for me no big deal, but if you have teenagers that are messy, it could be challenging.

The pools are very adequate but are very crowded on the weekends. It appears that the Hilton has an recriprocal arrangement with the adjacent hotels for the guests to share amenities. Well, the Hilton as the better pools so ...... One other "pool" thing, if you have smaller children (under 5) the kiddie pool is one of the better ones I have seen.

Parking and location at this hotel is good however the spaces were probably built before the development of the large suv's. The parking is tight!

Finally, the property is within walking distance to several restaurants and shops. It is possible that you could never leave a 1 mile area and never eat at the same place twice.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank NCAA_Stinks
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Stayed in a very nice one bedroom suite on the eighth floor of the tower. Much nicer and larger than the standard rooms in the original building. Very clean and comfortable. Beds were extremely comfortable and allowed for wonderful rest. Enjoyed the two large flat screen televisions and also the extra large balcony with fantastic views of the gulf, the entire beach, the pools and even the bay on the other side of the island. Great restaurant, H2O, but is a little pricey. Great family place. Also good for meetings. Well equipped workout facility on site was convenient and clean. My only complaints are about the front desk staff. They need a lesson in how to smile and act like they enjoy their job. They also need to acknowledge guests that are standing right in front of them waiting to check in instead of finishing their own personal phone calls and conversations. My only other complaint is that housekeeping never brought the facecloths I requested after they failed to leave me any my last two days. Otherwise, it was a great stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank ChiChi133
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Anyone who has previously traveled to the Emerald Coast of Florida can probably tell you it isn't like travelling to other places. All of us who have been there probably have a story or two to tell about staying in a beachfront motel that....how shall I say this....wouldn't hold up to the standards we are used to in other places. That is why I have to give two big thumbs up to the Hilton in Pensacola Beach, because two things stood out that separated them from any other beachfront hotel I've stayed in, including other major chains. First, the entire hotel was exceptionally clean!! Everything from the room, to the pool area was along the same level of cleanliness you would find at any other Hilton property, which is amazing at the beach! Second was the level of professionalism of the staff. The front desk people were cordial and efficient, and the requests I made after I checked in for a privacy sign and to replace a hairdryer were handled within minutes. I didn't eat at any of the restaurants or order room service, so I can't comment on that.

I have to agree with the other reviewers that the rooms are worn and in need of an upgrade. However, with the situation in the gulf last year, I understand why Hilton may have been reluctant to make the investment. The mattress was in excellent shape (and yes, I checked for bedbugs and didn't find any) and I slept very well. The TV was the tube variety, but I wasn't there to watch TV.

I think I may be able to address a couple of other negatives pointed out in other reviews. First, someone objected to having to sign out beach towels. It's sad to say, but hotels in that area are abused more heavily that in other places, especially during spring break where rooms are trashed and more than towels are stolen (I'm also a frequent Vegas traveller, and while the rooms are trashed, the theft of towels and other items doesn't seem to be as rampant). I appreciate Hilton still offering the use of towels because many places have stopped completely. Someone also mentioned the pool appearing cloudy. I have a feeling that is due to being right next to a 12" deep kiddie pool where the blue paint on the bottom makes it appear crystal clear. I want to also note I witnessed the pool water being tested numerous times.

I had only one complaint of my own, and I think that is due to my frequent travels elsewhere - my room was not ready until check-in time. Normally when I stay in a Hilton, my early arrival is never a problem, even in Vegas properties(not including the LV Hilton, who I heard Hilton is dropping at the end of this year, thank goodness). Overall, I can say without hesitation that I would not hesitate to recommend the Pensacola Beach Hilton to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank FranWarren
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We stayed here one night on our way to New Orleans. The room was nice,, king size bed comfy enough but the A/C was VERY noisy. It was so noisy it drowned out my husband's snoring! LOL but true!
We enjoyed lounging around the pool the day we arrived and the morning before we left. The staff was friendly and helpful. The restuarant for breakfast was very good and offered many choices.
I would consider staying here again but would double check on the A/C situation if we stay longer than a night.

Room Tip: don't unpack till you check out the A/C first.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rruthardt
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Stayed a week here with my family (wife and 3 kids) for a little vacation getaway. I'll address the problems first then the good parts. First problem is with the front desk staff. They have the personality of an old shoe. They were not friendly or helpful. I noticed this not only with me but with other customers during the week. Just no personality or friendliness. Also I booked the room through a third party provider who specializes with military vacations and received a good price that I compared to the Hilton website and found it comparable to a ocean view room. Upon arriving I was told that I was booked into a parking lot view room and that it would cost an extra $50 per night to get the ocean view. I paid it but will deal with that issue with Hilton later. Ok, now onto the good parts. Valet service was excellent, very helpful and friendly, in fact so was all of the other staff of the hotel that we encountered. The pool area, pool bar, restaurant staff, you name it, were all excellent. I don't know what the deal with the front desk staff is?? Overall the hotel itself is great, the rooms were large and roomy with an excellent view from the balcony. I would recommend this hotel for the Pensacola area.

Room Tip: The Tower rooms are newer and have better views
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family