“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
New Orleans
“Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

After reading other review, I was hesitant about staying at this hotel. I decided to stay only due to the fact that other family members were there. Upon check in, the refrigerator in my room was broken, I called the front desk and it was fixed very quickly.

The room are large and very clean. The rooms are not in need of a renovation like other reviews stated.

The hotel staff was VERY nice and helpful.

The only issue that I could say is that you should review your bar bill prior to check out. They were trying to charge me for almost $40.00 in charges that were not mine.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
white lake michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2010

From the website, the hotel looked nice but it's old. The amenities were fine. Pool bar and limited food options during the day, as well as decent pool area and beach access. Very friendly hotel manager. But the rooms were very oddly laid out, especially the bathroom area. Didn't sleep well at all. I've heard the nearby Hilton is better.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank natkingcole
MrsDonald
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2010

I love the Marriott brand but after this stay they have lost me forever!! I am so dissappointed I'm still here typing this review from my iPhone!! I would check out now if I didn't want to speak to the GM in the morning!! I don't e en know where to begin I'm not even basing this review on the fact that this place is a dump because I could deal with dated but it isn't even clean. My door key never worked and eveytime we left I had to go back down to the front desk to get it fixed, oh I forgot the fridge was broken and full of old stale water. My kids spent more time in the hall waiting for me to get a new key than the did in the room. We left to go to the pool housekeeping did the worst job imaginable so I got two managers to come a see how it was, again I told my kids to wait in the hall so they could see exactly how it was, the managers managed to find every excuse as to why it wasn't clean, they finally told ms that housekeepers can't clean around my personal items, HUH??? Are u serious??? But uhm yes that was the excuse as to why the trash was there the beds weren't made and towels were everywhere... The list is too long to go on. So we leave again to eat, come back, guess what , kids in the hall again they key doesn't work again mgmt says it's my fault I'm messing up the keys with my phone... Uhm maybe if I even had my phone!!! The final straw sue what's her name tells me that since I got a Marriott weekend rate I should be grateful because rooms on pensacola beach are usually 180 or better, I told her this hotel isn't worth 39.99 and the service isn't worth a penny and she and Pensacola beach could go straight to hell and since I did pay 140.00 a night I still wanted 140.00 a night worth of service period. She decided I should talk to the GM at 800 am. I will and if I wasn't I'd leave this raggedy place to tonight!!! Please don't let the pictures fool u, even the stretch of beach it sits on sucks. Nothing about this place is worth the money. I have always been satisfied with the Marriott and being in hospitality myself I do understand some things but this is terrible!! Please don't make the mistake I did. This place ruined my weekend!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank MrsDonald
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2010

* Location:
I'm on a business trip and I chose SpringHill Suites as my sanctuary away from home. 10 minutes to downtown, 25 minutes to NAS at the gate. Beautiful beach is right at the door!

* Guest Room:
My room is a King Suite which is super spacious and filled with natural lights (not to mention they also provide you with 5 table lamps!) The balcony (outdoor chairs provided) is my hang out place where I can really enjoy the view of the baby/island/gulf. The room is well decorated and furnished with a nice size fridge (with freezer), cheap microwave, good storage space, big desk with comfortable chair, pullout couch, armed chair, 2 old-fashioned Tube TVs, and a very comfortable bed! Bathroom is old and small. Tissue paper has texture of a cardboard box :( INTERNET is Frustratingly SLOW! I have to connect to my 3G which is actually faster!

* Breakfast Buffet:
The area is large but will get crowded. Unless you can come down at 6:30AM, you'll be in line to get your food, to make your own waffle in particular :) Selections are great to include fresh fruits (apples/bananas), eggs (my fav is cheese omelet), sausages, biscuits, bagels, english muffins, blueberry/apple muffins, cinnamon rolls, juices (not good), tea, coffee, cocoa, milk (skim available), yogurt (Light N' Fit, Activia), Oatmeal (not from packet), and a lot more. I have to leave for work early in the morning so I usually skip breakfast unless Karen catches me on my way out :)

* Exterior:
Outside, there are two large heated pools, one kiddy pool and one hot tub. There is a garage and plenty of parking space in front of the hotel.

* Restaurants:
There're plenty of great places to eat near the hotel. SUBWAY, Florida Pizza Kitchen, Native Cafe (they serve espresso), Paddy O'Leary's Irish bar and Paradise are across the street. Exxon and a Food Store right next to the hotel. I always walk to Casino beach for variety of seafood restaurants.

* Guests and Staff:
SpringHill Suites is unquestionably the best hotel on Pensacola beach for family vacation! It could get very noisy from large families, kids and teenagers but hey, they're on vacation! (though they can get on my nerve sometime, running, yelling down the hall at night and in front of my room where my bed is located). Despite the hyper guests, everything else is just wonderful. Staff and managers here will make you feel like a family! They are always smiling, talking, wishing you nice day, just...awesome people! Managers are incredibly helpful and always accessible! My favorites are Susan and Karen. These two ladies should be put on Hall Of Fame and as a role-model for Marriott. I have never seen a place where managers are always around on the floor. I had a problem with booking and without Susan (GM) being there to help me at the time, I wouldn't be staying at SpringHill Suites! Karen is also all over the floor to make ensure the well-being of her guests. (she always makes me smile :)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Monument, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2010

Everything about this hotel was wonderful. Everyone so happy and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The whole hotel was very clean and well maintained. We had a rough trip geeting to Pensacola Beach and the girl at the front desk was so nice that all our angst fadded away. What a joy to go somewhere that you can feel so comfortable and welcomed.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2009

We booked a large meeting at this hotel, our first meeting held at Pensacola Beach. The hotel meeting planner was great - she took a lot of interest in making sure all our needs were met.
Our rooms were large, sunny, and well cared for. Breakfast, in the lobby, was better than the usual continental experience. Any time we asked about nearby restaurants the hotel staff was knowledgable and in sync with us.
Then there's the outdoor bar, the pools, and the beach. The outdoor bar was a great spot to kick back, socialize, and unwind. The pools were heated and very clean.
The hotel is located right at the end of the commercial portion of the beach - so there's long walks along the nearly deserted white sand beach. Most mornings, and some evenings, the dolphins would show up for feeding in the surfline. Some performances were amazingly long. Sunrise and sunset was beautiful with the beach and sea as backdrops.
We look forward to our next meeting held at Springhill Suites, PNS.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank JKoz
nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2009

This hotel met all our needs. We asked for connecting rooms and beach view and we were not disappointed. The only problem we had was that the workout room had very few pieces of equipment (treadmill, eliptical and weight machine - one of each)and the computers were slow. Otherwise we were very happy with everything. Looking forward to returning again.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family