All reviewshot tubkiddie poolpool viewfree breakfastking suiteoatmealliving arealarge roomthe breakfast areaspring breakbreakfast staffparking garageocean frontchairs and umbrellasthe entire staffcoffee makerwhite sand
Reviewed September 20, 2017

This property is bright and clean with modern influences throughout. Upon arrival, we were greeted by very friendly people who helped get us into our room very quickly with no delays or additional paperwork. The room was lovely and quiet once the family with the upset child checked out. There is a wide variety of food available for breakfast, so everyone will find something to enjoy.

With all that being said, I do have a few suggestions that could turn a "really good" hotel into a GREAT one:

First, add 30 minutes to the breakfast schedule or shift the hours to reach 10am. Most hotels offer breakfast until that time and the slight change should not affect checkout at all.

Second, please set up some umbrellas around both pools. With all of the concrete, people are almost cooking in the raw rays of the sun. Families with children can't enjoy the pool for more than 45 minutes at a time due to the assault on their skin. You don't need a hundred, just 18-20, which would bring more value and increase the enjoyment of guests.

Third, add something to the menu that is available through the outside bar. You obviously have the facilities to offer a great breakfast, so why not harness some of those resources to have a PB&J for kids or just a turkey sandwich? Serve both with chips. I promise that you would see an increase in revenue at that bar, so it would be a win-win for everyone.

Thanks for a really nice weekend and I hope to see you again next year!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anastasia L
hidestin, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the wonderful comments. Your suggestions are perfect and both are in the planning stages for next year. Thank you and we hope you visit again soon

Reviewed September 19, 2017

We just loved this hotel. Free parking, good sized rooms, beachfront, great swimming pools, breakfast included. I would definitely stay here again. Be sure to try to get a room higher than the ground floor.

Room Tip: Go higher than the ground floor.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family

We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to a return visit. Thank you for your comments

Reviewed September 16, 2017

I am really not happy with this hotel at all. They seemed to be really taking ADVANTAGE of folks that are in a bad situation. First off, the good thing about the hotel. The room was large with a large balcony. The two queen bedded room we had also had two televisions. Now for the bad. We live on a barrier island in central Florida and were forced to evacuate the island due to hurricane Irma. By the time we got the notice, all the hotels were sold out in the panhandle of Florida for the duration, so we had to go all the way to Slidell, LA. To avoid an already long drive that was going to be a nightmare with everyone evacuating, I booked the one night I could on the way to Slidell at the SpringHill Suites. We were last minute evacuees with nothing to do with our cat, so she had to come with us. The food and lodging commission was urging hotels NOT to charge any pet fees for evacuees, well apparently this property did not get the message. I am a Silver Elite member of Marriott, so I book their properties often. Not only have I stayed at other SpringHill Suites that have allowed pets in the past, but if I try to reserve a property on their website that does not allow pets and will charge a fee I get a flashing message telling me this property will do so. I never got that message, so imagine my surprise when I showed up tired at 1 AM after 18 hours of driving that they were going to charge us $100 for having a cat for the one night that we stayed. There were so many companies doing what they could to help evacuees out, like our cell phone company AT&T that waived any overage fees for data. Also, our bank Chase waived all of their fees for folks impacted by this tragedy. With this hotel being in the panhandle and subject to hurricanes themselves you would think they would be more sympathetic. NOT THIS HOTEL. It seems they are all about the money. I am a travel agent as well and have been so for over 30 years. Rest assured, I will NEVER EVER recommend this property to anyone. As for amenities of this property there are many things I am unclear about, since all we did was sleep for 7 hours and leave.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Carol S
Joseph F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

My sincere apology if you feel we took advantage of a situation during the recent evacuation. I can assure you that was not the case.

Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

We had a unexpected evacuation vacation to Pensacola Beach due to Hurricane Irma. From my first conversations on the phone with Jamie and Kelsey, I knew this was going to be a great stay. Our room was very clean and comfortable and fit our family of five perfectly. Saccaria in housekeeping went out of her way to make us as she would say "as comfortable as she can". Wow, this was above and beyond. We had a small maintain even issue that was fixed right away by Redd. He was overly helpful. The breakfast was delicious. I would have loved some whip cream and fresh fruit with the waffles but other than that amazing. The view from our room and balcony of the gulf was spectacular and the pools were fun for the whole family. We came here on a whim and would come back again! Thank you for showing us such amazing hospitality.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Joseph F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2017

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We tried to do our very best to make everyone feel safe and comfortable during a very difficult time.
I am very pleased your family felt that way. I will be sure to let the staff know.
Please come back and stay with us under better circumstances.

Reviewed September 4, 2017

This is the third time my husband and I have stayed at the Springhill Suites and we STILL love it!

Clean, modern, comfortable, at the perfect location---what more can you ask for in a beachfront property? Everything in working order--- plentiful luggage carts, ice machines, guest laundry, showers from the beach. Amenities---full breakfast every morning, on-site parking, excellent room servicing daily. (even the balconies!) Personal attention---a "have a great evening" or a "welcome back", regardless of the time.

Perfect property to enjoy the pool or the gorgeous beach (which we alternated each day!) with the availability of awesome frozen strawberry concoctions from the bar!

I've said it before---CONSISTENCY---consistency in value for my dollar...super important to me. Keep it up , Springhill Suites. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Get an "island-view" balcony---can't go wrong!
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sandra C
hidestin, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us.
I am very pleased that you have found
consistency in your last several visits.
Our staff works hard to make each stay
memorable very glad yours were.