I was looking for a mid range price Hotel on the beach and settled on this Marriott property. It had 2 adult pools one kiddie pool and a hot tub with an open air bar out by the pool. The free breakfast came in handy since the first thing I wanted to do was hit the beach early in the morning before the noon day sun was out. Breakfast was the usual fare nothing noteworthy. I have to say that my first impression upon entering the lobby was one that it could use more attention to cleaning. the walk way into the hotel needed to be swept up and cleaned and that did not happen for the four nights I was there. The second night of our stay the fire alarm went off at 4:00am and gave everyone a panic attack! The manager was apologetic but that did not make up for being completely jolted out of bed.
The beach was gorgeous as were all the beaches in Pensacola. The drawback was the trek from the pool area to the water was tough due to walking in sand and did not have a boardwalk like the property next door. The umbrellas on the beach were for rent and most people made prior reservations the day before so you had to find the person renting them out so you aren't taking someone else's reserved spot.$35.00 for an all day rental of 2 chairs and an umbrella.
We rented the 2 man kayak for $20.00 an hour and paddled out to where the dolphins were feeding.Parking was free , the room décor was very outdated but was clean. The bed was very comfortable and housekeeping was spotty. We settled for clean towels and trash removal on two of the four days there because they didn't want to come in while we were in the room. Front desk was very helpful and provided everything we asked for, such as an extension cord for cell phones. Their wasn't enough furniture for luggage so the children had to store theirs on the floor.The room had a ceiling fan we could not use because it was out of balance and made a loud noise, but would have been welcomed to keep the room cooler. Having a refrigerator and microwave came in very handy for the leftovers we seemed to collect. The front desk gave out pool /beach towels readily and we didn't have to sign for them. Overall I would recommend this for a family stay but not if you are looking for a romantic get away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach offers a perfect location for trip to Florida. Our hotel in Pensacola Beach sits right on the water! Dip your toes into the sand or ocean, and savor the salt-filled air as you delight in a stay that includes easy access to all of the top attractions in Pensacola Beach. Everything is close here: sun and surf, and popular destinations like the Pensacola Bay Center and Fort Pickens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Pensacola Beach Hotel Pensacola Beach
- Pensacola Springhill Suites
- Marriott Pensacola