“Bachelor Weekend”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Reviewed May 5, 2014

This hotel located right on Pensacola Beach was absolutely perfect! The view, location to local restaurants and other businesses as well as historic locations such as Ft. Pickens was very convenient. The staff was extremely polite, helpful and met all our needs. They went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. We would definitely recommend staying here if you are fortunate enough to visit this beautiful city.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view of the area but if you prefer a view of the gulf, select that option whe...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Calvin M
Katie R, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about the SpringHill Suites on Pensacola Beach. We are happy that you enjoyed your time here. As always, guest satisfaction is very important to us. It is great to know that our hotel and staff has given you a great experience. We hope to see you return in the future.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stayed at this property in February, 2014 and will add this as one of my "must return" hotels due to the people, location, view and amenities!

Caroline was superb and since I am a Marriott Gold Member, was able to upgrade me to a room on the fifth floor looking over the bay and Gulf of Mexico-it was INCREDIBLE! I also want to say Caroline is incredibly friendly and helped me choose the sites to see and the place to eat. She is a definite assett to Marriott.

I also got to meet Becky Jones, the Director of Sales who was very friendly and outgoing! You can tell she takes great pride in her performance and the hotel itself. She is a professional and I am sure is on the fast track at Marriott due to her abilities!

So, I know the people are great, but wait till you see the rooms and the views! Top notch!!! Also the pool and hot tub were amongst the best I have experienced in my travels!

Congratulations Marriott-this property represents your reputation for excellence very well!

I can not wain until February, 2015 when I return-but for more than just one night-I absouletely loved the time I spent at the hotel and the Pensacola Beach area-it is WONDERFUL!

Forget Destin-this IS the place to come and relax and appreciate the utter beauty of this area!

Room Tip: The higher floor the better the view. Next time I want to stay in a room with a view of the pool an...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank ArkansasEagle
Katie R, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We are so glad you enjoy your stay at the SpringHill Suites of Pensacola Beach. I will defiantly let Caroline and Becky read your positive comment about them. Our goal is to give each and everyone of our guests the best possible customer service. If you need anything in the future please feel free to contact me!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Recently returned from Pensacola Beach and loved every minute of my stay at Springhill Suites. Everything was wonderful! Great pool area, very nice free breakfast, right on the beach, and you can walk to almost everything that you might want. Ask for a room facing east rather than a gulf view. You will have a view of the gulf and the bay and the nice neighborhood next door to the hotel. These rooms have an amazing view of the sunrise.

2  Thank Sjch51

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we doing! We are thrilled that you enjoyed every part of your stay at the SpringHill on Pensacola Beach. Hope you come back and stay with us again!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Just got back 5 dys/4 nghts at this hotel and just like the local weather this property is unpredictable and rough. As someone who has been staying at Marriott's for over thirty years, I am getting tired of make excuses for properties that just don't measure up. The previous owner went bankrupt and new ownership/management is trying to improve, but this property is in serious need of a Marriott Corporate intervention. Nothing like having your once a year family vacation ruined at a Marriott property that's not up to par, but it's all good as millions are going to be spent on renovations that should have been done years ago. After reading notes from fellow TA contributors, we must be staying at different hotels.....I don't know if its post Spring Break, but the staff treats almost everyone like you are a Spring breaker here to further trash the property. So let's go thru the good and bad...

The good..great location last hotel in commercial area with residential near by, lots of great restaurants in walking distance, rooms are large with dated fabrics and early Holiday Inn furniture..nice pools and maintenance staff is top notch as the property is crumbling around them. The older staff left over from previous ownership are really good, work hard and are really friendly to the guests and understand customer service.

Now the bad, unfortunately the same can't be a said for the new hires, we saw many young staff just standing around in groups of two/three, talking with each other, texting, or ignoring guests. When we did ask for something, we were met with either rudeness or indifference. We had a issue with front desk regarding possible upgrade that took MOD to resolve, maid service decided not to service room one of our days, and maintenance (our best friends) visited the room almost daily.

We did speak with a least two heads of different departments of our issues, and while friendly and concerned, I am not sure they fully understand that the future of this property hangs in the balance. It would not take much for this once proud (Best Customer Service Award Marriott two years ago, and Trip Advisor Cert. of Excellence 2013) to spiral downward and not recover... in summary I get maybe one/two chances a year to vacation with my family..This was way below par for Marriott so be advised and remember there are way too many other properties in just as good locations, better condition, and better prices. Don't risk your annual family vacation/summer trip or hard earned money on this one until much need and long overdue surgery is completed.

3  Thank Vic S
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I read some other reviews here kind of disparaging the hotel condition. Agreed, it's not a new Ritz Carlton. However, it's got a great location, walking distance to most of the area restaurants, mini golf etc. 3 pools, a tiki bar, and direct access to the beach. The desk staff is very friendly and helpful, as is the housekeeping and maintenance staff. We stayed during Spring Break, and the staff did a fantastic job handling breakfast. Never ran out of items, kept a LOT of people moving through. Recommended for families with kids, young, or teenagers like ours.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank MGoBlue100

Thank you for leaving a comment about the SpringHill Suites on Pensacola beach. We are glad you enjoyed your stay while vacationing. Our hotel is schedule for a renovation this fall which will fix some of the issues. I will pass along the great comments about breakfast ,the employees will love to hear it. If I can do anything in the future please let me know.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Pros: This hotel is right on the beach. The views are great. There are restaurants/bars just across the street. They have a nice pool and hot tub. Free Breakfast

Cons: The hotel is dirty and getting run down. It is obviously well-travelled. I would not pay primetime rates for this hotel. ONLY if I got a good deal.

The hallways are dirty and the rooms are outdated. The bathrooms are small and dirty.

Room Tip: "If" you are staying, ask for a balcony view of the gulf.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Patrick K
Katie R, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel. We do know that we are due for a renovation and have plans to start this fall after the peak season. We have just started some items such as the lobby and new flat screen TVs. I apologize that we did not meet your standards and are excited to start fixing some of the issues you stated in your comment!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Our family of three just returned from eight nights at this hotel. Our first time on this side of the state and I can honestly say this is one of the most beautiful beaches we have seen. The beach is only steps from the pool. we had an executive suite directly on the gulf front. this is a large room. As seen with many reviews,the room is in need of updating as far as new furniture, although our room had new mattresses and two new tv's. We saw new tv's arriving daily. The rooms were very clean and the housekeeping staff did a great job.They are doing an entire renovation after this summer and we look forward to coming back to see the changes. Our room was very spacious and the bathroom is large but needs a redesign to be more user friendly. We have a daughter in a wheelchair so it was,especially tight for us. Love the little twin bed in a nook in addition to the king bed and pull out sofa bed. Worked perfect for our daughter. The room is designed so you can be in the king bedroom and look out at the ocean. the living area is all windows and has wonderful views too. More windows than most oceanfront hotels. Nice that parking is free and breakfast included.The breakfast is pretty standard and could use perhaps a little more variety for those of us who stay a week or more. the breakfast was kept well supplied and the staff was very nice and helpful. I have to say that the entire staff went above and beyond to be helpful during our stay..from all of the front desk staff, maintenance, housekeeping, breakfast area, sandwich shop,and bar!! We found we were able to walk to the boardwalk area and be able to find many places to eat and souvenir shop. A visit to Blue Angels practice is worth it as well as the tanger Outlets less than an hour away for serious shoppers. We loved it here and once renovated, this hotel will be hard to beat. I feel it is a bargain now!!

2  Thank Vicki L

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about the SpringHill Suites on Pensacola Beach. I am so glad your family and you had a great stay while here. I will defiantly let the staff know what great comments you left about them also. Please feel free to contact me if you need anything or we can help with anything else!