“Great Stay”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Lubbock Texas
“Great Stay”
Reviewed July 19, 2008

My family and my sister's family met here in June. We all loved our stay at this facility. I am a seasoned traveler and usually stay at a 4 or 5 star hotel. We were traveling on my sister's budget. I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. The beach was very nice. Be aware that the chairs on the beach are not owned by the hotel and you must pay to use them. The 3 pools were very nice. The breakfast was nice considering that it was free. Our room was upgraded due to them not having our 2 bed room available. We had an oceanview room. The staff was very friendly. We encountered several jellyfish in the ocean and everyone was stung at one point or another. The staff had medicine for the stings. I would return again.

• Liked — oceanview room with large balcony
  • Disliked — no restaurant on site
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Richmond, VA
Reviewed June 23, 2008

Stayed here with my family for a week. Here are my list of pros and cons.

Pros: large room
Con: oddly shaped and did not have view of the ocean as suggested during the booking

Pros: Friendly Staff
Con: Though friendly they really didn't know a lot of answers. I had to wait for a manager to arrive before my questions could be answers.

Pro: A decent selection for breakfast and it's free
Con: The same items were served everyday. Boiled eggs had a funny plastic aftertaste

The best thing about the hotel were the 3 pools. We never once felt crowded. The hotel is in desperate need of an on-site restaurant. We didn't want to keep leaving the hotel for something to eat or snack on. We ended up going to the new Publix supermarket a couple of times during the week to stock up on lunch meat, salad fixings, etc.

Next time we'll probably stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank jken2000
tennessee
Reviewed June 21, 2008

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Breakfast was plentiful and good. Good view. Good pools. Super friendly staff. Will recommend to friends. Would definitely consider staying here again.

• Liked — Everything there that we needed.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, OK
Reviewed June 8, 2008

We were in Pensacola for my sister's wedding and we decided to make a beach vacation out of the trip as well. This hotel was great for our family because we had a small fridge and microwave for our daughter's milk, juice and snacks. The room also had a coffee maker and free wifi which was great for my husband since he could continue to check on his businesses. There was also underground parking which is nice in the summer. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We asked one of the desk attendants for her recommendation on where to eat dinner and she suggested Peg Leg Pete's, which turned out to be exactly what we were wanting that evening. Other hotel staff were very friendly as well but the housekeeping crew would want to clean our room at awkward times such as 5:00 in the evening. We were disappointed that the hotel was not more of a resort atmosphere because although the hotel had pools and a bar, nobody would serve you drinks or food. The hotel did not have an onsite restaurant, but it did have a snack bar in the afternoon--the food we had from the snack bar was very bland though. We thought the room decor was pretty bland as well but the rooms were very clean. I do appreciate that the hotel did overnight my phone charger back to me after I called to see if they would send it and they didn't even charge for that service. The beach was beautiful with soft, white sands and pretty water.

• Liked — basic conveniences of home
  • Disliked — our view was not directly facing the beach because the hotel advertises that all rooms have a beach view
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Georgia
Reviewed May 21, 2008

Our family of 5 was delighted! Spacious room on the first floor was incredibly quiet .. even with the pool outside our balcony. The hotel was full of families traveling on spring break, but we were impressed with how quiet it was. The pools were terrific, and the kiddie pool with fountains would be perfect for toddlers and parents who have to get in the water with them. Pools were cleaned daily and towels are provided. Lots of chairs too.

The hotel is located at the end of the hotel "strip" which makes for a less crowded beach area. Beautiful view, pretty sand, and lots of seashells too. This hotel is right on the beach. Lots of parking for this hotel is a plus.

The staff at this location is excellent! We were impressed with their courtesy and friendliness, from desk clerks to room attendants to buffet attendants. Very accommodating and helpful such as when we needed to delay cleaning our room due to our schedule. In fact, everyone at restaurants, stores, and hotels in Pensacola Beach were terrific ... felt more welcomed than in lots of tourist-type towns.

We really enjoyed our room. Beds were very comfy, nice sheets, and lots of nice pillows. Bathroom sink is separate from the rest of the bathroom, but the toilet is in the same room as the tub/shower. Refrigerator is larger than most dorm fridges, so plenty of room for drinks and snacks. We brought a hot plate and cooked some food in our room, which was good for lunch.

The breakfast buffet is well worth it. Hard cooked eggs, Canadian bacon, grits, cut fruit, and oatmeal were favorites of the adults ... kids enjoyed the danish, yogurt, biscuits, hot waffles, sausages, cereal, etc. Well stocked throughout the morning by attentive and friendly staff. Coffee, tea, juice & milk to drink. The menu doesn't rotate, but we had plenty of choices.

We'd recommend this to friends, and we'd definitely come back. You can't beat the value for the money. Can't think of anything negative to say about our stay. Book this hotel before the rooms are all gone!

• Liked — Great room for family of 5
  • Disliked — Slow wi-fi
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed February 25, 2008

I booked about 2 weeks ago for a wedding. I booked through Susan. I have to say it was the easiest thing I have done. She was so nice and helpful. When I was almost in Pensacola I called Ashley (one of the front desk clerks) who guided me into Pensacola safely. She was so friendly as well. I got there and got into the room after a long afternoon of driving in pouring rain. I was very impressed! It was such a nice sight to see. The rooms are HUGE and so comfortable. The view is unbelievable. The service is top notch! I would stay here again no questions. Thanks to Susan and Ashley!

• Liked — The friendly staff
  • Disliked — I didn't have any problems. Took a while for Internet but it was probably my connection
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
North Carolina
Reviewed February 9, 2008

I would highly recommend staying at this Marriott Suites. It is very comfortable, the rooms are spacious suites with small refrigerator, microwave and bar sink. The suite has a sitting area with TV, sofa and desk. There is free high speed internet in the room. Everything was very clean, the room was made up while I was at breakfast. The location is excellent, gorgeous ocean front, next to a quiet residential area. The staff was extremely helpful and professional, and responded quickly to my requests. The breakfast buffet combined hot and cold food and was well stocked. There are several pools with plenty of lounge chairs by them, a children's pool with fountains, and 2 other pools, one heated and a jacuzzi.
Pensacola Beach is a delightful place to visit in February, quiet, sparkling sand, miles and miles to walk along the shore. I would not recommend eating at Flounders, the wait was long and the food and service mediocre. Peg Leg Pete is better.

• Stayed February 2008