Couple thoughts to answer the other reviews:
1) It's on the beach. No crossing a street, no driving to a public lot...on the beach.
2) 3 pools, great for kids, good size hot tub
3) Rooms are decent sized, we had a 2 double bed room and it had to be 600 square feet. with a full width balcony, sitting room, microwave, fridge, coffee maker, 2 tvs.
4) The parking is free
5) Right across street is a great breakfast place and shopping, but they do offer a free breakfast (includes hot food like eggs, sausage)
6) The staff is awesome, I was greeted nicely anytime I encountered a staff member, they promptly helped when we needed something, and the pool side bartender Laurie was wonderful to talk to and include in our conversations.
We stayed here for a soccer tournament in Pensacola and loved the island itself. The hotel had plenty of parking, and check in was a breeze. They have a little market off the front counter, and a large breakfast area adjoining a sandwich shop open during the day. But what really grabbed us, in looking around the bottom floor, was the pools and pool decks leading out to the beach. What's great for families with small kids is it is completely enclosed with child safe gates, with the poolside bar inside the fencing so you can sit and chat and monitor kids (if you got them).
The bottom floor does not feel dated, it is very comfortable and it feels like home after a day. The rooms are a bit outdated, but clean. The beds were comfortable and clean as well. The balcony is amazing, with chairs and wonderful views. We had a seperate living room type sitting area with tv, couch, chair, and sink with fridge and microwave. The #1 upgrade they could make is getting rid of the old rear projection tvs and putting in flat screens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach offers a perfect location for trip to Florida. Our hotel in Pensacola Beach sits right on the water! Dip your toes into the sand or ocean, and savor the salt-filled air as you delight in a stay that includes easy access to all of the top attractions in Pensacola Beach. Everything is close here: sun and surf, and popular destinations like the Pensacola Bay Center and Fort Pickens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Pensacola Beach Hotel Pensacola Beach
- Pensacola Springhill Suites
- Marriott Pensacola