“Charming”

Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Biloxi, Mississippi
“Charming”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel was very charming in several ways. I'll elaborate.

It was charming when we checked in and rode up the elevator to our room on the 4th floor and it shuddered from side to side the entire way up. The notice that the elevator phone lines were down was an extra dash of charming.

It was charming when we found kit kat and snickers wrappers in our room. The cherry on top of the charming sundae was finding a bloody bandaid on the floor.

It was charming to find the back of the bathroom door was ripped to shards. We also found the giant patch job on the bathtub charming as well. The questionable stain on the top of the refrigerator was the most charming of all, in a repulsive sort of way.

It was charming when we found all of those holes in the comforter, blanket and sheets that were the perfect size of a lit cigarette. More charming than that? All of the outlets that couldn't charge our phones and computers because everything plugged in just fell right back out.

Perhaps most charming of all was the sheer privilege of the company we got to keep in the surrounding rooms. You see, they were all together. Charming, huh? Why would you put a random family of 3 right smack in the middle of a block of rooms reserved for a wedding PARTY? I emphasize the word party because that they did until 2:30am, doors wide open, music blasting, alcohol freely flowing. Hey, I'm fun. I like to have a few drinks and loosen up. However, I found this to be exceptionally charming when my 5:30am wakeup call came signaling it was time for me to get up and embark on a 13.1 mile journey by foot. While not the fault of the hotel directly, I find it worthy of a mention as to the type of budget travelers the Travelodge rates appeal to...a rather charming breed of people.

Perhaps more charming than anything else I've mentioned was the bloody towel that hung from the balcony in front of a wedding partier's room for an entire night and morning, not even removed by housekeeping when they started cleaning after the partier's packed up and shipped out. Honorable mentions go to the puddles of vomit outside of the elevator waiting areas and the strange fish odor that randomly plagued our room at times. Hey, I get it. It's Florida. There are fish around. Strangly, the outdoors did not smell like fish whatsoever.

This is a Travelodge. I did not expect a luxurious 5 star hotel with all of the amenities one could ever dream of in life. Nor do I stay in those types of places myself. One place I do know I will not be staying at again is this charming Travelodge in Pensacola Beach. I did expect a bit of a better experience based on the reviews. Sad to say the Travelodge did not meet my expections and I cannot leave a good review.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tonya81

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Bergen, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

The hotel is quite basic. The room was quite worn and not particularly pretty, but it was well equipped, spacious and clean. We just slept in the hotel, so for us this was okay. If we were to spend more time at the hotel I would probably chose something else.
The location is very good. Small pool and a small beach next to the hotel (amazing to watch the sunset from one of the loungers on the beach), and close to the big, beautiful beach on the other side of the street.
The breakfast was nothing special. Poor selection and insufficient local / few seats. We ended up just taking us a fruit and eat on the way to the beach.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Canton, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel was perfectly placed in an area where you do not have to move your car during your stay. The beach, food, entertainment and shopping is within walking distance. We appreciated this because it was during Spring Break & Easter Weekend.

The hotel's refrigerator leaked; leaving the carpet damp under it during our stay. We were so tired that the children screaming next door, upstairs and outside our door didn't bother us; so if you want something quiet, this hotel is not for you.

The breakfast consisted of cold cereal, sticky mini donuts, toast, milk and juice.....NO COFFEE! We got this hotel with 14,000 Wyndham points...very over rated; we have had better rooms for 6,000 points. (in fact, the next day in Orlando)

Room Tip: This is a great hotel if you are busy, tire yourself out and only spend time in the room to sleep...