“Great location - easy on the budget”

Travelodge Pensacola Beach
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Stayed for two nights this past week. Loved the location across the street from the pier and withing walking distance to shopping and restaurants. Also really liked having a coffee maker, microwave and mini fridge in the room. My only suggestion would be to add a little fruit to the breakfast choices. Would stay again - good value overall.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rachel F
DonalAma, General Manager at Travelodge Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We do have a great location and just did a revamp on our breakfast. We now serve 2 fresh fruits, biscuits & gravy, bagels, donuts, and much more. We look forward to seeing you soon and appreciate your business. Please note you can now make bookings directly through our website or hotel direct with the contact info above.

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Pensacola Beach

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed here for a few nights for the Mardi Gras parade on Sunday. The hotel is going through some upgrades now. The staff was wonderful, the continental breakfast was adequate. The bonus was Bloody Marys in the morning and red beans and rice for lunch on Sunday morning. It was a nice touch, thanks again to the new owner, he was very visable and worked hard to make sure everyone was taken care of. This is a good value, in the middle of everything on beautiful Pensacola beach. It is an older property, but, it is clean and it was just what we expected for our weekend stay.

Room Tip: It would be wise to have a room that faces the west, away from some of the bars and clubs that tend...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Viking28
DonalAma, General Manager at Travelodge Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

I'm thrilled that you noticed our upgrades. The Mardi gras parade is such a good time for all of us. We sincerely thank you for all the kind words about everything from the staff the owner included, and our rooms. I noticed that you are from the local area so I hope you'll come see us again soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

I stayed at the Travelodge on New Years Eve i chose this location because of the price and it was in the middle of everything so me and my husband could walk to any night life, beach, or restaurant we didn't move the car until we were ready to check out the next day. The room was nothing fancy but was very clean and had everything you would need for a short stay. The hotel offered a continental breakfast which had sausage biscuits! We loved that. Only complaint I'd have about the whole stay would be that the breakfast area was a little small and crowded. Bottom line if your looking for something affordable, convenient, and clean this would be the choice.

• Stayed: December 2011

I'm glad you had enjoyed bringing in the New Year with us. We are centrally located in the heart of Pensacola Beach which make's walking to all your favorite hot spots easy and convenient. We are the best deal on the island, with affordable rates, clean rooms, and a friendly staff you can't go wrong. We can't wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

Stayed four nights, Blue Angels Homecoming. Very basic Continental breakfast, choose the Waffle House down the road. Rates were very good, compared to the a few of the over priced nearby hotels. Good location, right at the entrance of Pensacola Beach. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay; I am looking forward to seeing you again in the near future. The Blue Angels home coming is a great highlight to our off season rates. Again we appreciate your kind words.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

11/14/11 -Family stayed here 1 night during travels, wanted to be close to the beach but needed economy, a little worried after reading some of the reviews, but took the chance - and I'm glad we did. Being November off-season, there were only a dozen others staying in the hotel, so it was quiet. The lobby was bright and clean just the pictures. The rooms were bright and had fresh paint. The furnishings were worn, but you kind of expect that when you think of Spring Break guests.... The bathroom was perfectly clean. The bed was springy, not cushy, but it was comfortable enough that we all slept well. All of the rooms open to a balcony that goes all the way around all four sides. While our room faced the bay, it was a short walk around the balcony to look at the ocean. You are right across the street from the pier and the ocean - just walk across the street. There is a small "private beach" in the back of the hotel next to the swimming pool. It is very small and it goes into the bay area - good if you want to just sun or if you have small children that are scared of waves.

The lobby staff at check in and check out were pleasant. The breakfast had 2 hot items along with the usual breads & cereals. We got there late and had sausage biscuits.

We would stay here again. For the amount of time we spend it in a room, it met our needs - clean (but worn, yes), we slept good, and we were walking distance to the beach. If it was peak season I would definetly want a top floor (4th floor) room far from the stairs and elevator just to be away from noise.

Room Tip: Top floor, away from stairs & elevator. Ocean side if you can get it although island side is pre...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank D0X1E5RULE
DonalAma, General Manager at Travelodge Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2011

We appreciate your business and your review. I'm glad you made the decision to "check us out" and overnight with us. We have recently started our down season revamp, we hope you as well as others notice our improvements on your next stay. We look forward to seeing you and yours when you can make it to our area again. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

In April 2011 we held our wedding here at the Travelodge Pensacola Beach! We had an amazing time. The stuff was excellant to our need's. As a mother of four, the children got to swim in the pool and had a play ground to monkey around on. We had rented three room's for our wedding. Two were on the side by the Sand Shaker bar. I see other comments about it being loud and I am truely surprised. I never heard anything inside my room! My children age's 6 months, 3 years, 4 years and a 10 year old that never woke up to any loud music either.

Our family and friends had never been there and was very happy to have had our wedding there. The staff was Amazing! They made sure we had enough towels for pool and shower's. They gave us information about the event's and things going on around the beach area. The Pensacola beach was across the street, plenty food resturants and the board walk to do shopping. All with in walking distiance (mabye a block if that)

We were very Happy with our expirence from the Travelodge, and plan to stay out there again :)

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind words. We have a very "Family Friendly" property and enjoy hosting weddings and other events. We look forward to seeing you and your family again in the future.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I had booked this hotel for the 30th Woodham HS Class Reunion Summer of 2011. When I cancelled with in the restrictions , got the cancellation number, they still charged my credit card, after 3 wks of phone calls, they admitted to double booking and they cancelled only one of the reservations, not both. After two more wks of phone tag they said they would deposit the 171.00 back into my account. Never happened and got to where they wouldnt answer phone anymore, DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL RIP OFF RIP OFF and whoever got to stay on my paid reservation, I hope camel fleas infest you.

Room Tip: Choose another Hotel
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
DonalAma, General Manager at Travelodge Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

Thank you for your review. I have also sent you a message via trip advisor due to your anonymity I am unable to look into a billing issue. I would love to be able to look into any billing problem you may have had to try to seek a resolution. I am eagerly awaiting your call and would love to be able to assist you further. I do hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to meet your lodging needs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola Beach
Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach
Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach
#6 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Hilton Pensacola Beach
Hilton Pensacola Beach
#7 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pe...
#3 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Margaritaville Beach Hotel
Margaritaville Beach Hotel
#2 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Be...
#1 of 10 in Pensacola Beach

Been to Travelodge Pensacola Beach? Share your experiences!