“great location, good hotel”

Travelodge Pensacola Beach
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Reviewed July 17, 2011

i stayed her for 2 nights and enjoyed myself. the hotel is perfectly located across the street from the beach and bar/ restaurants. there is no need to get in your car once you check in. my room was very clean. the only issue was the loud music coming from the bar across the parking lot on one of the nights. i would highly recommend this hotel for anyone wanted a fairly price room in a great location.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 14, 2011

I purchased the LivingSocial deal for this hotel when it was still the Cabana Inn back in the winter. I looked at reviews at that time and there was nothing bad to say, so we went ahead and bought the deal. ($102 for 2 nights!!) About a week before leaving for FL I wanted to go back on and see if anything had been updated, I soon learned Travelodge bought the hotel out and saw the terrible reviews below and immediately started freaking out.

As soon as we arrived I felt so relieved that the room was so clean and NOTHING like what the review described, you could actually smell the cleaner as soon as you opened the door. I mean this is no 5 star hotel but for the location and the price for this area you really cannot beat it!

Everything is within walking distance, the beach is literally right across the street and the staff was very friendly and helpful when we asked to check in early they even held our luggage while we walked around!

Bottom line; some people are MUCH more picky than others about hotels, and I will absolutely be staying here next year. I don't see the point in paying $250 a night some place else in Pensacola when you only sleep and shower in a hotel room.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BrookeNam
Reviewed July 6, 2011

This was a "look up hotels in Pensacola Beach on the way there and see where we can stay" hotel selection. For the price and location it was great! The clerk behind the counter was very nice. We were on the 2nd floor towards the bar across the parking lot that had music til about 2am but we were already aware of that from reading other reviews so we fully expected it. But with the AC fan lulling us to sleep, it was no big deal.
We stayed on a Wednesday and Thursday night and there appeared to be alot of families on vacation which was kind of cool.
The Public beach was right across the street and restaurants were in walking distance. I'd go back in a heartbeat.
Breakfast buffet was free -- they had cereal, bread, bagels, donuts, etc. enough to get you by which was good.

2  Thank NancyJ422
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We stayed at the travelodge and enjoyed it. I read the reviews and wasn't so sure I made the right choice. I called the hotel voiced my concerns to the manager and she explained they were doing some renovations and assured me I'd enjoy my visit. The continental breakfast was just that continental few hot items but it was more then enough, the pool area was nice and my kids enjoyed the volleyball. Overall it was a clean room at the right price. I will return on my next visit.

Room Tip: Bar next door was alittle loud.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
DonalAma, General Manager at Travelodge Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

I so glad you enjoyed your visit. I can not stress enough all the updates we (aredoing) have done this year to our property. I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2011

The room was pretty beat up & in need of renovation, but was clean. When we arrived, the room smelled of cleaner. Not a bad thing. After reading many reviews on rooms in our budget, I was pretty nervous, but was pleasantly surprised. We were on vacation so we didn't really spend much time there. After a 10+ hour drive down, the bed was really comfortable. The fridge & micro were old but worked just fine. The bathroom fan was pretty loud but worked. AC worked great. The tv didn't work great, but again, didn't really spend enough time in room to matter. The continental breakfast was kinda lame but not the worst we've had. ( buiscuts, sausage, donuts, coffee, oj (a bit watered down)). Pool was small & warm but we spent all time swimming in ocean. Again, the room was clean & staff were very friendly. Hotel in need of some renovation - beware of falling drawer front - that is my only real complaint - that the drawer front came off & when I tried to push it back together, it fell again, landing corner first on my toe -OUCH!. other than the disrepair, it was worth what we paid for. you aren't really going on vacation to hang out in the room.

1  Thank 1964cas
DonalAma, General Manager at Travelodge Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2011

Thanks for staying with us. As I have previously mentioned we are working on upgrades to our property and greatly appreciate all guest feedback. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

We enjoyed the small beach and patio area out back by the pool, and didn't even mind that the motel was across the road from the beach. However, the rooms are in much need of some TLC. The carpet was very dirty, stained, and torn - and just the whole building needed to be cleaned up and given some tender loving care. I probably wouldn't go back unless I knew they had cleaned up the rooms.

2  Thank Tater330
Reviewed June 27, 2011

This is the worst hotel I've stayed in. It was dirty and rundown. The carpet was frayed and filthy, knobs were missing from doors, panelling pulling apart, ice machines didn't work, elevators and rooms not cleaned daily. Very dirty. Breakfast was a joke. Orange juice dispenser gave water not juice. Only toast dry cereal. Hot food was biscuits, and something they called sausage.
In the room, the TV kept going off, the coffee pot was never cleaned or coffee packs replaced. The beds were never changed, nor the room cleaned.
Don't ever go there. There are some good hotels in PENSACOLA BEACH, but is definitely not one of them.
they promised high seed internet service, but you had to go to the lobby to get it.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank kriswo
DonalAma, General Manager at Travelodge Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2011

I want to start by apologizing for your less then pleasant stay. I’m concerned about some of the problems you had. Like I have mentioned previously we are under going a property upgrade and wish you'd give us another shot. Our continental breakfast consists of fruit, hot and cold cereal, Pillsbury biscuits, jimmy dean sausage, grits, toast and doughnuts. If you have suggestions for the continental breakfast please feel free to let us know. We offer FREE wired high-speed Internet access in room and wireless access in the lobby area. I certainly wish I had given the opportunity to resolve your issues I don't like to let guest leave unhappy with their visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola Beach
Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach
Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach
#7 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Hilton Pensacola Beach
Hilton Pensacola Beach
#6 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pe...
#3 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Be...
#1 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Margaritaville Beach Hotel
Margaritaville Beach Hotel
#2 of 10 in Pensacola Beach

Been to Travelodge Pensacola Beach? Share your experiences!