“Staff made our stay”

Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Staff made our stay”
Reviewed May 16, 2011

After reading some of these reviews I was a little hesitant about staying here but I gave it a shot because of the price. I can say I'm glad I did! The hotel staff was great, I traveled with my 6 year old daughter for 2 nights, at check in they let us know about the pool and playground they had on the bay. The next morning we went down to have continental breakfast which was way more than i expected. because they had such a variety we didnt have to leave the hotel and find somehwere else to eat. That morning we talked to Ashley at the front desk about places for dinner that were kid friendly she gave us a whole list of places and was very informative. If your looking for an inexpensive, clean place to stay for a few nights this is it.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank jennacollier
DonalAma, General Manager at Travelodge Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Thank you for your kind words and positive feed back. With lots of kid friendly amenities our property is a great choice for family travelers. Our Private beach area is also a nice place to enjoy the sand and sun. Again our staff appreciates your efforts to help and look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
TYRONE
Reviewed March 13, 2011

Purchased two-night stay through LivingSocial with anticipation that it looked like their pictures! Big mistake! There were three couples together; therefore we had three separate rooms but adjacent to each other. Upon entry to our room the smell of smoke made me sick to my stomach and I called front desk to complain. I was told I could move to another room at the end of the Inn facing the Bay...unfortunately there was only one room available and I said I would just have to purchase air freshener since I waned to stay close to the other friends. Carpet was absolutely disguesting...smelly and huge stains throughout the room. I didn't even want to put my suitcase on the floor, let alone go barefoot! Door did not close properly; had to really push it hard to close from the inside and slam it to close when leaving the room. RUST SPOTS ON EVERYTHING METAL IN ROOM. Refrigerator was not closed when we first checked in and the ice was 2 inches around freezer section. Bathroom door was damaged at the bottom; bathtub had several nicks in it almost like someone used a bb gun on it. Air conditioner made so much noise going on and off we didn't even turn it on the second night. Breakfast was okay. Can't blame the staff really, it's not their fault their employers don't care. LivingSocial will get a letter regarding this terrible hotel. The other rooms were just as bad as mine and they will write letters to LivingSocial also.

• Stayed March 2011
3 Thank VicSTyrone

Travelers are raving about these Pensacola Beach hotels

Reviewed May 28, 2010

We booked this hotel online thinking it would be perfect for our family trip. The hotel looks very different from the website and is easily compared to a motel 8. The first room they gave us was recently used and still had hair in the tub and stains on the pillow. We were given another room but the only difference was it was clean.I still put my own covers on the bed due to the hotel room's appearance. This hotel is in a great location but for $200 it would've been worth paying an extra $100 for a beachfront hotel. Would not recommend this hotel for families.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank honeyluvsgeo
Florida
Reviewed April 18, 2010

This motel is situated across the street from the gulf of mexico. The location is convenient. However, if your trip includes small kids you have to drag all of your stuff across Ft Pickens Rd and across the main parking lot to get onto the beach. The motel is located in close proximity (very short walking distance) to all of the shops and eateries.
The room was a good size room with 2 queen sized beds. We had stayed here years ago and at that time it seems drab and tired. However, I was nicely suprised upon entering the room everything looked updated and clean. No odors either. I did notice that we could hear at times people talking in the room next to ours. Additonally, any one walking past our room talking seemed like they were right inside with us.
Additionally there appeared to be a small continental breakfast set up. We were not told of this at check in and we left before inquiring regarding what exactly was being served.
If you want a clean affordable room on the beach this is it. If you want an upscale hotel on the gulf this is not the place.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola Beach
Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach
Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach
#6 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,585 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Be...
#1 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites Pensacola Beac...
#4 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Hilton Pensacola Beach
#7 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,105 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze

Been to Travelodge Pensacola Beach? Share your experiences!