“Remember, you're in a beach town-”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Laguna's - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Spanish, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Marietta, Georgia
“Remember, you're in a beach town-”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

OK, I would rarely expect fine dining on a boardwalk in a beach town. So my expectations were not terribly high. I was pleasantly surprised at lunch by the fish tacos and a nice margarita. The restaurant had just reopened this week after renovations, and there were some menu changes which the waitstaff (bordering on too attentive) were not quite up to speed on. We returned the following evening since all four of us were pleased with our lunches and were again treated to attentive service, lovely people watching and generous pours on our drinks. Burgers were very good, as were the sweet potato fries, and the side salads (with no "up charge" like some restaurants) quite lovely.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Leadville98

Houma, Louisiana
“Great fresh seafood!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

The fish tacos are jammin and the raw oysters were the bomb diggaddi!!!

Visited May 2012
“Expected much more”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

After reading the reviews, we thought tonight we would try Laguna's. Most of the reviews were good so I expected good food. First on the list, there were only teenagers running the front. They appeared more worried about which table they were going to get than whether their customers were taken care of. Secondly, we were seated immediately, which was great, however it took another 20 minutes to get a drink. Then it took another 20 minutes before they took our order. Once we ordered it took about 20 minutes together our food. Thirdly, I got the fish tacos and I asked for no "slaw". The "slaw" wasn't explained on the menu but the waiter states that it was dry and only included carrots and pineapple. I still states no slaw. Got my plate and it had the slaw on it. After looking at it, I thought it wouldn't be that bad so instead of complaining I ate the first of three tacos. It was good and spicy. The fish was very small pieces as if you were eating chicken fajitas. On the second taco, I tasted something crunchy and nutty. Oh my, it was nuts in the mixture! The menu nor did the waiter mention anything about nuts. I'm allergic to them. So of course I start wondering did I eat enough to cause a reaction. I didn't finish it and left hungry. I was so put out by the situation and worried about having a reaction that we left quickly so that I could take some meds back at the hotel.
I was not impressed with this place at all and also feel it was over priced for the quantity you receive. If you have allergies, make sure you ask before eating there.

Jasper, Alabama
“Great Food and Great people watching!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

Try the Guacamole dip it was soo good! Sitting outside after 5p.m. is the best so it's not so hot.

Visited April 2012
Pensacola, Florida
“Watch the water sports”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

This restaurant is very reasonably priced. In the tiki bar, you are up close and personal to the water sports. Bathing suits and shorts are great attire. Very laid back.

Visited August 2011