“Friendly staff”

Frank and Lola Love Pensacola Cafe
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Named after "Frank and Lola," a 1982 Jimmy Buffett song about a couple on their second honeymoon in Pensacola, the restaurant features everything from steaks to fresh seafood and also has a full service bar in an upscale, casual atmosphere. Frank & Lola Love Pensacola Café offers indoor and outside seating, and is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Sounds funny, but the best part about the restaurant was the staff. They were just so friendly and helpful. I enjoyed talking with them every day and they helped us plan some side trips.

That's no knock on the restaurant itself. I liked it. The food was good and pretty standard for the Margaritaville theme. If you have been to one of their restaurants, you know what to expect.

The prices are fairly predictable for the theme. The best dinner item to me was the shrimp and crab Mac and cheese. That was very tasty. Breakfasts were also very good.

Bottom line: If you like Jimmy Buffett, you will love the restaurant.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

good food, great view, awesome service. Stopped in for a quick lunch. beach was perfect as well as the hotel and staff.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We ate here for dinner three nights during our short stay in Pensacola. The first night we had the tuna dip with fried pita chips. It is not on the menu, but it was our lucky night. The tuna was smoked and made into tuna salad-it was called a dip but it was too thick for dipping. We also had the shrimp and crab macaroni. It was creamy goodness! A huge assortment of drinks to choose from, and our favorite is Heineken served in a cold glass with a twist of lime! The service was top notch and the food was great and that is why we kept going back! Also, our hotel was in walking distance so that was an added perk!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

stopped in last week and spent the day at Margaritaville Beach Hotel..shopped in the gift shop walked around the pool area. took pics. then it was time to try out the cafe. I am so glad I did. It was fabulous.

I had iced tea and blackened chicken caesar salad. I thought I was back in Jamaica, blackened just the way they do it over there--perfect in other words.

Service was great too 5*****

Do not hesitate to try out Frank & Lola's Cafe. it is Jimmy Buffet's menu from his restaurants...

yummy in the tummy

Happy Dining

Reviewed October 20, 2012

The service was excellent, start to finish. The valet took my keys and informed me of the $5 charge for service. The bell-hop directed us towrads the restaurant. The hostess gave us a warm greeting. She accomadated our request of a table for two with a view. Our waitress Ashley was polite and professional. We ordered two glasses or riesling and walked out onto the balcony to enjoy some sunshine. Beautiful view. We returned to the table and our food was ready shortly after. Both dishes were excellent. The noodles in the mac-n-cheese seafood dish were hot and tender and the crab cakes were not "cut" with bread crumbs or any nonsense like that. The value was very good. Poprtions, quality etc. were all on point. My only regret is not asking about a locals discount like I later did in the gift shop (15% off.) I liked the atmosphere, typical of MargVille locations. Plenty of romance with the view and a glass of wine. No screaming children, always a plus. We stopped by the gift shop to pick up a couple of Tervis tumblers, my favorite gift/souvenier for any occasion. The girl at the register in the gift shop could have been a bit nicer, but it didn't ruin our afternoon. When we walked outside I handed the valet my ticket and he ran off to retrieve my vehicle. I'm a sucker for good hustle, so they earned a good tip. The other valet opened the passenger door for my lady friend when the truck was pulled around. Did not call ahead for a rez. Went searching for Saturday afternoon brunch and left with expectations met. Will return.

1  Thank Michael A