“Casual and fun”

Paradise Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Paradise Bar & Grill is a waterfront, open-air restaurant located on the Santa Rosa Sound of Pensacola Beach. Full-Service Bar, Live Music, and local events. Located behind the Paradise Inn.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

CROWDED, decent food, good service, great view, and free entertainment - we were there during the Songwriters' Showcase. I would go again, but maybe just to hang out after dinner. I was hungry, the burger and fries did the job, but no better nor worse than burgers anywhere else.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Good drinks, okay food, great setting, good music. This is where the locals like to hang out. We had fried shrimp, and fried oysters, and the oysters were better. Their cheeseburgers and fish sandwiches are good too. Fun place for large groups, and for people with kids.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is an outdoor place on the bayside with picnic tables in the sand, or you can eat under the covered wooden patio structure. The waitress was running and kept up with everything and the food was piping hot. We both had the shrimp dinner not realizing it was popcorn shrimp. I didn't eat the hush puppies - hard outside, mealy inside - or my cole slaw but my husband was willing to scarf the cole slaw down. He passed on the puppies too. Plenty of shrimp and fries and they were good and hot but we elected not to repeat our visit. No music the night we went which might have helped but two tables full of people were playing cards. Just wasn't for us but food wasn't terrible.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Went to the grill while staying at the hotel.Nive view of the bay and a boat dock too.Friendly wait staff,cold drinks.Tried the steamed shrimp and while a little pricey-really Good cold and well seasoned.The entertainment on my visit was a local blues band,these guys were great.After going to dinner nearby we came back and stayed late at the bar listening to the band and having a few drinks.Had a quick lunch the following day of more shrimp and grilled fish that was good also.Bar can be a little crowded.There are tables chairs and such all over the sandy area that surrounds the bar.Good food,good music,nice people!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Having lived in Pensacola years ago, I can certainly appreciate the local beach hangouts. We have gone back and visited our beloved beach many times and have always talked about trying out Paradise Bar and Grill...as we heard what a great local place it was. Well, this trip down to the beach was only my husband and I, so we were excited to finally go see what all the talk was about. It was a beautiful night and sunset, so we thought it would be great to go spend the evening enjoying the food and the band. We opted to sit outside, closer to the water...with our feet in the sand and watch the sun go down. There was alot of smoking going on closer to the bar, so the further away from that....the happier we were. The band was in the middle of a set and was sounding good. We were in the mood for some good sized fried shimp, so we ordered the basket. Once it came, we were dissappointed to find out it was only popcorn shrimp...which is usually a kids dinner in other restaurants....but it was good...just not what we expected for the price. What really ruined the evening was the crude conversation going on at the next table. Every other word was the same four letter word and it just went on and on. I know alot of people take their young kids here, but I can tell you....I would not. It could have just been the night or the crowd that night....but it was not what we imagined. The feeling there was just a little more "rough" than we like it. The sunset was beautiful and it was nice eating out on the sand....but this was probably our last visit to Paradise.

1  Thank gldnpupper27