“Great Jamaican jerk wings”

Hemingway's Island Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Hemingway's Island Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Met some sailing friends for drinks ... one of them has been going to Hemingway's for a long time and swears by the tequila sunrise made there .... so, we had a coupla of 'em ... I like my drinks a little stronger than most people so when I mentioned that to the our waitress, she fixed it ... now we have a great T.S. ....

We ordered calamari, and the jerk wings ... both were very good ,,, the wings could have had a bit more scotch bonnet pepper in the sauce like they do in Jamaica, but they were super yummy ... next time I order the wings i'll ask for a spicier version ... maybe a bit of cayenne on the side ....

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

We stopped into Hemingway's for dinner. We asked to sit outside on the balcony and the view was amazing. Our server was just "doing his job". He wasn't overly friendly just there to take our orders. My husband had the Cuban and it was HUGE! I had the Key Lime Shrimp Pasta.. They really need to drop the Key Lime from that description because there wasn't an oz. of lime taste at all. Grabbed a Bushwacker with side of 151 & it was pretty amazing. With so many other dining options they didn't win me over so much as to go back..

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Our second visit was as good as the first. We spent our anniversary at Hemingway's. The food is amazing as well as the view. Great staff. Just a wonderful place to go for food and atmosphere. .

3  Thank NetMgr
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Pasta, seafood, Cuban, burgers, soups, Churrasco, salads, flat-breads, sandwiches.... Jeez, just pick a couple categories and try focusing on doing those food items really well. Our dinner was fair- Hurricane Shrimp, Coconut Shrimp, Pillar Platter. Black beans and rice were overcooked and bland.

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We went for late lunch and were able to get a seat w/ a beautiful view of the water. Waitress was nice but seemed a bit ditzy--she kept getting my order wrong and after the 3rd time of me repeating it she still didn't write it down. My son even joked that it was a miracle that it came out right. Lol. I ordered a trike sandwich on Cuban bread--which was good. I also had a salad which was just okay--coconut caesar dressing was too sweet for my taste. My son had a hamburger and he said it was okay. We wouldn't go back and didn't leave feeling like we were glad that we ate there--too many other places to try in town.