Hemingway's Island Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Hemingway's Island Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2012

There was nothing I disliked about this place and now I am using it for my rehearsal dinner for my wedding in July.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

We visited Hemingway's for lunch as we were leaving Pensacola and could not have found a better way to end our vacation. We sat outside and enjoyed the view of the sound and had a wonderful lunch. I had the Salmon St. Croix Salad and my husband enjoyed the crab cakes with an extra side of plantains. All was excellent. This will be our first stop on our next visit.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

This restaurant looked a bit tourist trappy when we first drove past. My husband insisted that we check the menu. What a shock to see that they had a number of amazing lunch choices for under ten dollars. There was shrimp, fish, and barbecue, all with excellent sides like beans, rice, and smashed potatoes. Their large, roofed deck overlooks the bay side of the island. We went back for dinner and there was an extensive wine list, real rum drinks, (not the ones from a slurpy machine), and even more delicious entrees. The food has a definite Cuban influence and the atmosphere is laid back. There isn't a television on the deck, although there are a couple in he separate bar. Don't we all have tvs at home or in our rooms? Although there were some more expensive dishes, most dinners were below $20.00.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Had lunch there....I ordered the Jacks grilled shrimp. While the rum sauce was very tasty, something about having something 'grilled' served to me with one end hot and the other end cold, was a definite negative! Great view though....

1  Thank Vanessa H
Reviewed April 12, 2012

The food was very good and the atmosphere was lovely! We will deffinately be going back!

1  Thank MelanieB860