“Positively Fabulous!!!”

The Grand Marlin of Pensacola Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grand Marlin of Pensacola Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: After Toll Booth 1st Left
Description: The Grand Marlin Restaurant features a main dining area with a shucked to order oyster bar, exterior North Drop Bar overlooking the beautiful Santa Rosa Sound, and private meeting rooms. This Pensacola Beach restaurant, with an air of island casualness, serves the highest-quality cuisine, including the freshest local seafood featured on menus designed and printed daily to take advantage of the local bounty. The atmosphere creates a fusion of the Caribbean and the Pensacola Bay Area. Executive Chef Gregg McCarthy has a passion for great-tasting food and particularly loves working his culinary magic with fresh Gulf Coast seafood. Boaters and beach-goers feel comfortable in shorts and flip-flops at the oyster bar, in the dining room and at the North Drop Bar. The Grand Marlin has a space and atmosphere for all occasions and is looking forward to creating an authentic experience between time and tide.
Navarre, Florida
“Positively Fabulous!!!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was the 2nd time here, at the Grand Marlin. I have to say, It is hands down the BEST Restaurant in Area! You do not typically find Wonderful Staff & Service, Amazing Food, Outstanding Atmosphere and Welcoming - Immaculate Restrooms under One Roof... But ALL of the Above are Here at The Grand Marlin!!!
Thank you to our Wonderful Server Bob for his "On-Point Reccomendations" and Well Above Point Service!!
To the Owners: You definately are doing things RIGHT!!!

Gulf Shores, Alabama
“They Accomodated Our Group of 80+ Wonderfully!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We did have a set menu, which I was not too excited about, but our food arrived fast, fresh and hot. I have never ordered a steak at the beach, but with the limited menu, I did. My steak/filet was awesome. It was big, had a lot of flavor, and came with some grilled portobellas. Our waitress took great care of us. Great experience all around.

Huntsville
“Great Food with So So Service”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

SCENARIO: We had a large party the night we ate at the Grand Marlin as it was my Mother In Laws Birthday surprise dinner, but the service was subpar nonetheless. And, be informed that it is very noisy inside the Grand Marlin on a Friday night, which makes it difficult to hold a conversation and also be informed that you will wait a long time for your food.

SERVER: The waiter we had was nonchalant. It was my first time at the Grand Marlin and when I asked for recommendations he was no help. I wish he had told me about the Lobster Fingers. He did try to provide good service, but he was not very good at it. Maybe he was new...

WAITING: It took over an hour for our food to finally arrive, which was alright but would have been better if it hadn't been so dang noisy and we could have actually spoke with each other rather than scream at each other across the table while we waited.

FOOD: I must admit that all the food ordered was absolutely delicious! (It better be for the prices they charge). Some portions are small, but they make it look pretty to make up for the lack of the size of the fish for example. Anyway, I don't think you can go wrong with anything on their menu.

MISLEAD: Of course, I had informed the waiter at the start that it was my Mother In Laws Birthday and so he brought her an ice cream dessert at the end of her meal. To my surprise, the dessert was not complimentary! I was charged $9.95 for a scoop of ice cream in a cone. I'll admit it was a very pretty presentation with Happy Birthday written in chocolate, but I was lead to believe it was complimentary. IF I had known they were going to charge me for it, I would have ordered her something else (like cake) that she would have enjoyed much more.

SUMMARY: We had a large party of 10, subpar service, very noisy atmosphere, long wait for our food, spent a LOT of money and, yet, they had the nerve to charge for my Mother In Laws supposedly complimentary Birthday dessert.

• Visited September 2012
Pensacola, Florida
“Great Experience”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

First visit to Grand Marlin with friends visiting. Delightful experience, reservations made with Open Table that were correct and acknowledged request. The reception front desk was polite and pleasant. Our table for 6 was great. The atmosphere has great water views.
Our waiter was Ramon, he made the experience even more enjoyable. He was attentive, helpful
and very polite with our requests and suggested the menu items as needed.
Everything was great! A definite return restaurant.
The manager came by our table to ask how our experience and meal was -
nice touch and shows interest.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Can there be six stars?”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Perfect. That about sums it up.
Our table ordered Mahi Mahi, Parmesan-encrusted Grouper, Grouper Piccata, the Steak Wedge Salad, a Cheeseburger and two of the desserts (Strawberry Cake and Praline Pecan Bowl) and my goodness, were we ever impressed! Everything was cooked perfectly and tasted more than fantastic!
We sat outside on a perfect summer night and had excellent service from Allan and the rest of the staff!