“Don't order the chef recommendation”

The Grand Marlin of Pensacola Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grand Marlin of Pensacola Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: After Toll Booth 1st Left
Description: The Grand Marlin Restaurant features a main dining area with a shucked to order oyster bar, exterior North Drop Bar overlooking the beautiful Santa Rosa Sound, and private meeting rooms. This Pensacola Beach restaurant, with an air of island casualness, serves the highest-quality cuisine, including the freshest local seafood featured on menus designed and printed daily to take advantage of the local bounty. The atmosphere creates a fusion of the Caribbean and the Pensacola Bay Area. Executive Chef Gregg McCarthy has a passion for great-tasting food and particularly loves working his culinary magic with fresh Gulf Coast seafood. Boaters and beach-goers feel comfortable in shorts and flip-flops at the oyster bar, in the dining room and at the North Drop Bar. The Grand Marlin has a space and atmosphere for all occasions and is looking forward to creating an authentic experience between time and tide.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Skirt steak was purple raw I love a med rare steak but this was awful IM a local and hav always loved the grand Marlin I will def tell all my friends how disappointed I was I spent 200 dollars for an awful meal never again:(

1  Thank cathyau
Write a ReviewReviews (1,625)

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had the crispy lobster fingers which were very good (although not as good as the crispy lobster tail you can get at GW Fins in New Orleans). We had the iceberg wedge - as good as it gets. And then we had the BBQ ribs - which were some of the very best we have ever had, delicious BBQ sauce and meat the fell off the bone. They came with some superb smoky potatoes and a watermelon salad. I had the wahoo which was very fresh and tasty, with a rice pilaf and vegs. All the while attended to by a great server, Jimmy, who had an exquisite style in describing all the dishes and it was tough to decline dessert at the end! The restaurant has floor to ceiling windows down one side with wonderful views out across the ocean. We were lucky enough to be there for dinner on July 4th so we enjoyed top notch views of the fireworks on Pensacola Beach.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We went to this restaurant with no reservations. It was kind of a last minute idea but if you get there between 5 and 6pm, you can get a table with about a 20-30 minute wait. We ordered the the fried crab claw appetizer which was sooo good. For the entree, my husband and I both ordered the grilled lobster. His was perfect, but mine was very salty. I informed the waiter which took it back and had the chef taste it. They agreed with me. They re-made the dish and I found it to be good. For the dessert, we order the molten lava cake which was delicious. Overall we would easily go back to this restaurant again!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The seafood is good but received small portions for $25+ per plate. The restaurant serves beer in plastic cups and gives you paper napkins. I have never been to a $25+ per plate restaurant where they served beer in plastic cups and used paper napkins. The location on the bay is nice but the food is overpriced for the portions. I will not return.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

It was good but not great.. although my one glass of wine was outstanding and the bar tender was well worth the visit.