“Great Service, Great Food!”

The Grand Marlin of Pensacola Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grand Marlin of Pensacola Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: After Toll Booth 1st Left
Description: The Grand Marlin Restaurant features a main dining area with a shucked to order oyster bar, exterior North Drop Bar overlooking the beautiful Santa Rosa Sound, and private meeting rooms. This Pensacola Beach restaurant, with an air of island casualness, serves the highest-quality cuisine, including the freshest local seafood featured on menus designed and printed daily to take advantage of the local bounty. The atmosphere creates a fusion of the Caribbean and the Pensacola Bay Area. Executive Chef Gregg McCarthy has a passion for great-tasting food and particularly loves working his culinary magic with fresh Gulf Coast seafood. Boaters and beach-goers feel comfortable in shorts and flip-flops at the oyster bar, in the dining room and at the North Drop Bar. The Grand Marlin has a space and atmosphere for all occasions and is looking forward to creating an authentic experience between time and tide.
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I live in Pensacola and frequent this restaurant often by land and sea. I have to say, I have never had a bad experience here. The food is great, but so is the service. If you are lucky to get Melissa as your server, you are in for a real treat! She will make your dining experience a memorable one.

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

The ambiance is excellent and James our waiter was very outstanding. Our food was not up to par. I ordered the fish tacos and was not warned they were very spicy hot. To the point of totally masking the flavor of the fish. The oysters my wife ordered were good but the serving was stingy. The grits were dry and lumpy. When the bill arrived there was a double charge for a dissertation that we did not order but was brought by the nice waiter to the our guests who were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. We were assured there was no charge for this item but it took us time to be convinced. We will return but am not over joyed at the prospect of doing so.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

The best choice was an absolutely delicious key lime pie -- not too sweet, standing high, incredibly light and airy. A bit high priced but definitely value and taste for the money. I'd recommend it highly. Certainly superior to a run-of-the mill version also available on the beach.

The bad choice was my ordering the shrimp and grits. In contrast to the key lime pie, this was not elegant at all. It looked like a tomato-based stew with 5 shrimp on the top and large clumsy chunks of green pepper in the sauce. Something that had the finesse of a cafeteria line item. One could think of it as plain earthy, shrimp creole atop grits instead of rice--something to be served on weeknights in Cajun family households. No tasso, no andouille, no bacon, no kick, no cheese grits if I remember correctly (maybe bits of bacon). The shrimp, nonetheless, were themselves well prepared--not over or under cooked. This shrimp and grits entrée was certainly not the refined pièce de résistance that some of the downtown Pensacola restaurants can offer that are priced quite similarly but are indeed signature dishes for their restaurants and plated with 3-D fanfare and elegance.

I suggest that the chef visit this local restaurant group to sample their renown shrimp and grits and then come up with a new shrimp and grits creation all his own that will garner praise from the foodie set who expect more than the plain recipe now available.

1  Thank Ringletedone
Reviewed April 22, 2013

It was cold so we ddnt get to experience the north drop which I would have loved to it at over the bay. The food was alright. Will definitly give another chance. The best place to get dressed up for a fabulous dinner!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I've lived in Pensacola since 1997. My boyfriend and I were tired of the same restaurants here so we started going to Destin for our dates. We've been to McGuires, Ruth's Chris, Harbor Dock, AJ's Seafood, Jacksons, Carrabbas, and Franco's. The Grand Marlin trumps them all!!! Price-wise, service, atmosphere, and complete experience. PHENOMENAL! We had drinks, an appetizer, 2 entrees and we shared a dessert (that we ended up fighting over) all for $75 not including the tip. We spent over $200 at Ruth's Chris. I would strongly recommend this restaurant to anybody. It's definitely a couples spot. Very romantic and sexy atmosphere. Even the bathrooms are amazing! Our waitress Melissa was FANTASTIC! She made our experience absolutely amazing. We found a new romantic spot right here in our own backyard at Pensacola Beach. A new favorite restaurant. We were planning another date before we even left The Grand Marlin. I promise - this has to be the BEST restaurant I've ever eaten at...and Im from New Orleans (if that says anything to anyone who loves great food).

1  Thank Tay H