Margaritaville Beach Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Paradise Inn(Pensacola Beach)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Gulf Coast Inn(Gulf Breeze)
1,230 results
All reviewslandshark landingland sharkjimmy buffetlandshark barlola's restaurantkeurig coffee makerhuge showerbeautiful hotelfree beerparking garagecorner suitegulf viewrooms are spaciousoff seasontile floorswrap around balconylive music
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 8, 2010

A new hotel that was fun, good beach and pool but no carpet or noise canceling in rooms so it echoed. Heard everyone walking down the halls and a fight in next room to find out they were evicted. Had fun and a relaxing day but a bad night sleep!! Talked to person at desk and she told us about the problem guests on our floor that were evicted. Told her that it wsa the worst night I spent in a hotel and she just said sorry!! Talked with a manager that was more understanding and compensated us for the bad experience. If I stay here again, I would bring a white noise making device to drown out all the noise at night ..

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I did not stay at the hotel, but I did dine at the Frank & Lola Love Pensacola Restaurant....

Myself, my boyfriend, and another couple went to dinner here this past Sunday night (Labor Day weekend). I am originally from Pensacola, and my family owns a condo on the beach that we are constantly visiting from Georgia and always bringing friends. I heard that the hotel was just average and the food at this particular restaurant was decent, but my company insisted we try it.

The actual restaurant is IN the lobby, which makes it seem very laid back, but it is also a burden when you are distracted by people checking in, meeting in the lobby, children crying, etc.

I walked in first to see what the wait time was, and there was a man in front of me. We had to wait at least 3-4 minutes to even see about the ACTUAL wait. He of course, had special requests and was trying to get sat immediately, building up the line behind me, and with only one hostess, she was very overwhelmed. She informed him nothing could be done considering it was a holiday weekend, and quoted me a time of 30-40 minutes. My friends and I sat at the bar to wait and ordered drinks. We did notice several tables actually open, but very few servers to attend to them. There was Landshark Lager on draft, and in bottle, and a pretty good selection of martini's and daiquiri's. Drink prices were pretty standard and the bar service was decent. We took our drinks and went to the lobby to wait on the couches provided.

Our buzzer went off much earlier than expected and we were sat at 8:35. At 8:45 we still had not been greeted. At 8:47 a young man came to the table, incredibly shy and timid and no apologies for the wait. We requested waters and he brought them to us about 8 minutes later. Then, we ordered 2 appetizers, the spinach and artichoke dip and the smoked fish dip. The appetizers came out about 15 minutes after we ordered them and the spinach and artichoke dip was delicious! Hot, with warm crusty bread to dip. The smoked fish dip? Not so much. This dip looked and tasted like paste, and the cuban crackers that were supposed to be served with it? Merely saltines, literally.

We ordered our entrees with the appetizers and my friends all ordered the roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and requested the creamed spinach instead of the vegetables. I ordered coconut shrimp with vegetables and mashed potatoes.

It literally took over 30 minutes AFTER the appetizers were eaten for these to come to the table. And again, the restaurant WAS NOT crowded. Before they arrived, a manager did come to the table and tell us there was a "mishap" in the kitchen but did not go into detail. He said that 2 desserts would be on him. We weren't planning on dessert, we were thinking more of the cocktail after meal, but hey, if he was offering, we would accept. So yes, after the 30 minute wait, the food came and looked great. I got 6 large shrimp that were hot and crunchy, my mashed potatoes were warm and delicious. My poor friends who ordered the creamed spinach were all upset with the cold spinach that sat on their plates.

We ate half of the meal and when the server came to check on us we ordered dessert immediately thinking it would take just as long. I got the Junior Mint milkshake, my friends ordered the apple crisp. Desserts actually came out pretty fast but they were nothing exciting. My milkshake was thick and creamy, but lacked the burst of mint flavor I was hoping for. The apple crisp was good, served with vanilla ice cream.

By the time the meal was finished we were all exhausted and full and changed our plans of heading straight to the Landshark Landing. We were all upset about the service we received and agreed that Frank & Lola Love Pensacola Cafe would be a one time experience for all of us.

So again, as an original local who now lives out of state, I would not recommend this restaurant as one of my beach favorites mainly based on terrible service alone.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hhendrix
Reviewed September 3, 2010

My friends and I had the best time on our recent girls trip weekend. We were going to stay in a condo, but when we learned that Margaritaville had opened a hotel on the beach we just had to go. We had the best time hanging out by the pool and then ending up at the hotel's beach bar at the end of the day - the Pina Coladas were awesome and they even had a live band. The rooms were nicely decorated and the beds were sooooo comfortable. We ate at the hotel restaurant one of the nights and for breakfast, it was very good. I had such a great time I am going to bring my husband back for a romantic weekend!
PS - One day we drove over to the Floribama (can't believe it is still there) and then to Lulu's in Gulf Shores for lunch before hitting the Outlet Mall in Foley...it was a great outing and had no idea it was so close!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Susan R
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Just returned from a 3 day stay, and despite continuous clouds and rain we had a great time. The first night we went to the bar, caught some local music and drank our cocktails out in the hammocks. Ordered a pulled pork sandwich and it was enough for both of us. It was the only dry spell we had and it was a really enjoyable night. The next days we spent a lot of time in the room, enjoying the beautiful gulf views. The room itself was lovely. Who cares that the basin's shallow?? The shower's huge, bed's extremely comfortable and the boutique toiletries were a nice bonus. The trouble with parking etc. have been attended to--the door is now unlocked that leads to the elevators. We ate in the restaurant a couple of times. Service was a little mixed. Our waitress (from tenn) for breakfast was great, but Sydney who served us in the evening was terrible--inattentive and didn't seem in the least bit interested in service. I'd called down earlier to ask about evening specials, and he didn't even bother to announce then when he served us. If I hadn't called, I wouldn't have known about any "specials" for that evening. Having said that, it really was our only complaint for the stay. I was especially grateful to the very thoughtful front desk woman (wish I could remember her name) who told us about the BP gift card redemption. We ended up with $300 in Amex cards thanks to her--that was a really plus!! We're definitely planning a trip back here in the next months. It was so nice to stay in a hotel that was fresh, clean, and green.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank natarr0
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Just returned from a girls 5 night trip stay at Margaritaville. The property is beautiful and very clean. We stayed on the gulf side with a magnificent view. Each morning while having coffee on the balcony we watched dolphins in the ocean, amazing! Our room was very clean and spacious. As one said in another review the sinks are shallow but it wasn't a problem. We didn't intend to wash out clothes in our sink or use it for anything that required it to be deeper. The beds were very comfortable and shower is huge! We at at Frank and Lola's and not once did we ever get a meal that wasn't great. Between us 3 sharing our meals we ate: crab cakes, popcorn shrimp (it's like bonefish bang bang shrimp) blackened prime rib, seafood mac. & cheese, open steak sandwich on top of fresh veggies with fried pickle wedges, and fried green tomatoes. All the food was great and very tasty! We had great service the entire stay. Thanks Jason, Sherrie, Spped and all of the employees for making our stay great! We ate at Landshark one night and they have the best buffalo wings! Went back again for lunch but realized during the week it doesn't open until 4. The beach was beautiful while we were there. Yes, the chairs are there for you to rent. It's a chair rental company and not Margaritaville that provides the chairs and like going to any other place or staying in a condo you have to rent the chairs. I thinkg the set with umbrella was $70.00 for 3 days. Since there were 3 of us we were given an good deal since we needed another chair but the rental was only for the set. Loni and Yancy were the chair guys and so awesome! They would haul our cooler to the beach for us and also take it back up the stairs and to the end of the walkway for us, THANK YOU! There's nothing bad to say about Margaritaville and I can't wait to return when it's all completed with water park and all! Thank you all for everything!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends