“Step Out of the Rat Race”

Margaritaville Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Victor, New York
“Step Out of the Rat Race”
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Just a fun place. All the staff are smiling...all the time! They're happy, helpful and genuinely enjoy working here. The decor is 100 percent Buffet from the bright colors to the rattan furniture to the Landshark beer. Located on the less populated end of the beach, it's a wonderful place to slow down, have a margarita (or 3) and relax.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
Florida USA
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Big, attractive hotel, with an appealing decor in both the public areas and rooms. Definitely one of the best in the area. But some of the misses were quirky and odd: the very attractive lobby includes a tacky Margaritaville shop. The Gulf-front room balcony is designed so that you are surrounded by walls and get no breeze whatsoever. Actually one of the walls is a partition so that if anyone is on the adjoining balcony they might as well be sharing yours! The bathroom sink is a very shallow vessel sink that sacrifices function for form. The room cried out for a ceiling fan! How does a beach themed room not have one? Outside, the two story entrance ramp from the street to the lobby is oddly narrow and any pedestrians are forced to walk up it hugging the wall. The beach itself is just OK, re-nourished sand, and not the natural sugar white sand you see elsewhere in the area. Lots of people everywhere - no romantic seclusion here. Lots of smokers at every outside entrance. Service in the restaurant was inattentive. Pluses are the covered self-parking, very comfortable beds with super fresh linens, a big frame-less glass shower with a hand-held spray, the generous size of the guest rooms, and the overall decor, which is all cool blues and neutrals. Biggest negative for us was the price: we paid $249 and that really was too high. Comparably priced rooms elsewhere in Florida are much more luxurious. We stayed Gulf-side, but the rooms overlooking the Bay would also have a pretty view.

1 Thank AvaJaneFLA
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I had previously stayed here during the 2011 DeLuna Fest and decided that it was so great the first time that no other place would work. I had been looking for a room online and it continuously showed "sold out" so I e-mailed the hotel and was able to get a response almost immediately. The guest services manager set me up with a gulf front king room that was amazing. When we arrived the bell staff was a little lacking (typically they are eager to help and make some money). The just stood there and didn’t say 'hello' or 'welcome' and I thought that was kind of odd. All of the other staff we encountered was great! The front desk, Mike the beach chair guy, our server and bartenders were all very friendly and caring. We did each breakfast at Frank and Lolas and it was good, but the menu could probably use a few more items. It is a very limited menu. One thing we missed was that Landshark Landing was closed. It was rented for a private function all three days that we were there....good for Margaritaville but sad for us. Overall it was a great stay and we will be back.

Room Tip: Get a gulf front room.
2 Thank dps14
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The Margaritaville Hotel in Gulf Breeze is a beautiful modern hotel situated on the white sands beachfront of the Gulf of Mexico. As one would expect with this brand, the hotel is tastefully themed throughout with much attention to detail. The bedrooms are large and decorated in pastal colours, mock wood decking floors and each with a balcony, with the frontage rooms overlooking the hotel’s private beach. No breakfast is included, but each room has a fridge, a coffee maker, iron and board together with white branded bath robes for each guest. The air con, whilst efficient, was rather noisy for a new system, and the closed connecting doors between bedrooms did not prevent noise created from next door guests. Basement car parking is provided with an efficient lift service direct to all floors avoiding baggage and beach bathers through the lobby area. Oddly on the private beach chairs and umbrellas are operated by separate franchise so unfortunately there is an hourly / daily payment to sit on the beach. The swimming pool is lovely and overlooks the beach through glass panels, there are plenty of seats and tables which are all free to use, as are the towels. A Tiki bar provides drinks to the pool users and music is supplied by Margaritaville radio. There is a shop in the lobby full of branded items. In summary, the hotel is expensive, you get what you pay for (exceptions being the beach chairs and a buffet breakfast = an Excellent rating reduced to a Very Good rating) but for a few nights of luxury, it is worth every cent.

Room Tip: South front rooms provide all rooms and balconies with a beach and gulf of mexico view. South front...
1 Thank charles s
Kentucky
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We came to this hotel because my dad is a huge Buffett fan! The hotel was amazing and the views were breathtaking! The best part was the pool. It was refreshing and the tiki bar made great margaritas! The pool when the sun was setting was relaxing and offered another breathtaking view! They also had jimmy Buffett playing in the background. I also got a chance to use the fitness room and it was equipped with all the quality machines you would see in other gyms. The next day before we checked out we got to be involved in different activities the hotel provided. It was nice to see them provide something extra for guests. However the downfalls were we arrived about an hr before check in and they did not have the rooms ready yet. The girl told me to check back in 30 minutes. When I checked again they still weren't ready but we kept seeing other couples coming in and getting checked it. It took up to check in time for the room to be ready and even then when we got to the floor you could tell most of the rooms still weren't ready. While we were waiting for the room we bought a few items at the gift shop. At check in 10 min later they gave us a coupon that gave you 10 percent off a purchase at the gift shop. When we took it back to the girl at the gift shop she said sorry you already purchased the items and would not do anything to adjust the price of the item we bought 10 min prior. Also land shark landing was closed all weekend for a private event so we didn't get to experience that at all, which we were looking forward to the hammocks on the beach. The next morning we came down for breakfast and this guy who looked to be a manager greeted us after we stood around and waited for at least 5 min to be spoken to. He told us they were on a 5-10 min wait even though there were only 4 full tables in the restaurant. Came to find out they were under staffed which seemed to be apparent in most of he hotel and couldn't accommodate the people coming in. He told us to have a seat on the couches and he never came back! Finally, another guy saw us sitting there and directed us to one of many open tables. we hope this was all a one time deal and hope to visit the hotel again but I would like to feel more of a jimmy Buffett experience next time!

Room Tip: Gulf front is well worth the price.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cozylady3
Philadelphia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Well. I never thought I'd stay at a Margaritaville Hotel.
Allow me to explain-- my husband and I are in our early 30s and ordinarily would totally skip the entire idea of staying at a Margaritaville themed property-- or a themed property of any kind for that matter. However, we were passing through Pensacola for the night on our way to New Orleans. I did some research and after reading about and reviewing pictures of various other hotels in Pensacola I just had to take a gamble and book the Margaritaville Beach Hotel.

Why? Well, this non-smoking Gulf beachfront hotel is a wonderful place to relax for the night. The rooms are in tasteful muted turquoise, blues and crisp whites. Our room had a large plantation style bed with good quality linens. The bathroom was large (a biggie for us) with very good quality bath products. We had a small deck facing the bay. I loved coming back to our room that night and just sitting in the perfect stillness outside.

After taking a bike ride around the Beach that night, we decided to grab a simple dinner at the adjacent burgers and beer style bar also run by the property. There were maybe seven other guests there. Our bartender/waitress was great! As the sun set we sat out in the sand enjoying our drinks. It was a really memorable and relaxing evening. The whole Jimmy Buffet thing was tasteful too--- I was expecting it to be drunk dads -- embarassing karaoke and stuff like that but in reality the other guests were just other adults relaxing and minding their own business.

The next morning I had a quick swim at the beautiful pool before spending just a single precious hour out on the beach. We had a swim in the warm gulf waters and felt gratitude for finding such a beautiful hotel in a beautiful location. Highly recommend.

1 Thank Fiche
Tennessee
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I took advantage of the Labor Day Weekend and decided to get away for some relaxation. We stayed for 2 nights originally, but I was enjoying myself so much, that when my husband asked what I wanted for my birthday, I said to stay another night. So I called the front desk and told her. She was discussing the rate change with me when she overheard my husband talking to me about my birthday. We settled the additional stay and hung up the phone. A few minutes later, she called me back to say that they were moving us to a higher floor because of some construction and since it was my birthday they were putting us in a corner suite. The hotel is decorated in such a modern but relaxing manner. It was wonderful. The food was good and the service was excellent. Everyone greeted us with a smile and a warm hello. I would definitley recommend this hotel. I can't wait to go back.