“Too Many Wonderful Things to List!”

Margaritaville Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Too Many Wonderful Things to List!”
Reviewed July 17, 2011

From the moment we walked through the doors we felt the ambiance of a fine hotel. There are so many wonderful things about this place, where to start... first the staff are extraordinary at all levels from the front desk to the restaurant staff to the valet service. Efficient and courteous always. The rooms are lovely and have a tropical feel, they are clean and modern and with a Gulf view you have nothing left to want. We love the laid back feel and the Buffet music going all the time. Live entertainment at the pool was a added bonus too. These people stepped up at every opportunity to make our stay as pleasant as possible considering we had little or no sun ( unfortunately not something they could fix or they probably would have:) We would definitely stay again!!

Room Tip: Get the Gulf view if possible. We were on the seventh floor with a stunning view and huge balcony...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
Jasper, Alabama
Reviewed July 17, 2011

This is a beautiful place to stay! It wasn't cheap but it was definitely worth the extra$ for the comfort. We stayed somewhere else the night before for a cheaper rate and I'm pretty sure my family and I got ate up by something. (Days Inn) not to name any names lol! Everyone was very nice and helpful. The only complaint I have is there was no breakfast that was provided. They have a nice full breakfast bar, but you have to pay for that as well. Just be prepared for that. Have a Great time! It's worth it!!

• Stayed July 2011
Chillicothe, Ohio
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We stayed at the Margaritaville Hotel from July 10th to July 15th. We loved it here! We stayed with our two daughters and they loved it also. The hotel is beautiful, staff are very friendly and view is awesome! When arriving, the staff will offer to valet your car, but for 12 dollars a day, we parked our own, which was easy to find a place in the garage that sits right under the hotel. The room is beautiful! Loved the bathrooms, the shower is the best! So big and relaxing. Wish I could have brought it home! The only thing I didn't like in the bathroom is the sink, very shallow. Loved the keurig coffee maker, and the beds are very comfortable. There is a wall painted in the room, that is very pretty. It is painted with the ocean, so we used it for several family pictures. They turned out very good! Liked that the floor is not carpet. We tracked a lot of sand in from the ocean, so carpet would have been very dirty! We stayed in the balcony room overlooking the gulf which was amazing. Just the sounds alone are great, but if you want to save money, I think the bay view would be just as nice. The pool is very nice and was my girls favorite place. The pool side towels go fast, but one night they were out of towels, and the staff came around and asked how many we needed and brought them to us and they were very warm! The food at the hotel is good but pricey. And the drinks are great, they bring them to you right at poolside. All the staff are very friendly! Even the maids will say hi and welcome you as you are walking in the halls. I heard the hotel is supposed to expand to include a water park, that would be neat. Either way, we would love to come back!!!

Room Tip: Bay view is nice also!!!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Pensacola Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Margaritaville is the first and only hotel of it's kind. While new and still awaiting the Margaritaville restaurant, it is one of the best hotels on one of the prettiest beaches in Florida. The food in Frankie and Lola's was great and the Landshark beach bar is fun and rith on the beach.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JaimePNS
Plano, Texas
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Everything about this hotel is awesome. The rooms are spacious and decorated in a beach bungalow style (what else would you expect from Jimmy Buffett?) The room we were in faced the Gulf and had a nice balcony. The bathroom had a huge shower and bathrobes provided. Plenty of toiletries and towels. When we first walked in, a Margaritaville ice bucket contained coupons for two free Landshark beers. The coffee maker is a Keurig, with 2 Columbian, 2 Jet Fuel (nice touch with the Blue Angels nearby), and a decaf and tea - these were refilled each day. Now the service - I've stayed at high-end hotels that couldn't come close to the genuine friendliness of this staff. Everyone said hello, are you having a good time, is there anything you need? Amazing! We will be back with family and friends soon!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AnniesAdventures
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 1, 2011

After researching all the hotels in this area, I decided to go with the Margaritaville Beach Hotel. I'm glad that I did. I had a king room on the gulf side up on the 7th floor. The front desk let my friend and I check in an hour early and we were able to choose what floor our room was on.

The room looked just like the photos on the website. It was the most spacious hotel room I have ever stayed in and had one of the biggest showers I have ever seen. The decor and colors were nice and I enjoyed the mural on the wall. The view from the balcony was gorgeous and I loved sitting out on the balcony every morning.

The front desk was very helpful whenever I called them to request information or called to order room service. The pool was nice, but there wasn't a hot tub, which was a little disappointing. The workout facility was a decent size for a hotel and had a good variety of machines and weights.

My only complaint about this hotel is the soundproofing. The room I stayed in had an adjoining room and although they were separated by two doors, I could hear everything the guests in the next room were saying. If you're going on a trip with a significant other and choose this hotel, it would probably be better to request a non adjoining room so you can enjoy a quieter stay.

Overall, I loved my vacation here and did not want to leave. If I ever come back to Pensacola to vacation, I will definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Acworth
Reviewed July 1, 2011

The place is beautiful and clean. No doubt about that. But for almost $400 per night, you should expect more from the staff. First, no bell service. Even if you use the $12 per night valet, you will be toting your own bags to your room. The biggest issue is the pool. The amount of seating is not adequate for the size of the hotels. People throw towels on the chairs, go back to their rooms, and no one ever knows if the chairs are actually available or if the person is in the pool. The staff needs to police this area so that others can actually get a seat. Likewise, the tiki bar is under-staffed, drinks are slow, and food is even slower. The server actually discouraged us from ordering food. Finally, it was disappointing that the expensive rooms did not included a beach service. If you want a chair and umbrella, get ready to pay another $28 per day. All in all, for the service you get, I'd spend 25%-50% less and stay at a true 3-star hotel. We weren't in the room long enough on any day to have that cancel out the issues we encountered.

I did write the hotel to tell them my feelings. I asked for nothing in return. I also received no reply. Not sure they even care.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple