“Hampton Inn Guarantee NOT REAL!”

Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
The Woodlands
“Hampton Inn Guarantee NOT REAL!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I've stayed at many Hampton Inn hotels over the past 20 years. At one time their guarantee of satisfaction or you don't pay was real. In Arkansas when the check out person asked how my stay was I told her that it was fine except for being awakened at 6 am by the maids talking outside our door. She immediate said "then there is no charge and I'm very sorry that happened. We'll speak to the staff and make sure that doesn't happen again." I told her it was no big deal, but she insisted that the policy was that the guest had to be satisfied or they don't pay. Well, that is no longer true, at least at the Hampton Inn at Pensacola Beach in Florida. I was surprised and disappointed that this Hampton Inn was not all non-smoking. But, I was told, only the rooms not facing the ocean were smoking rooms. We went to our room on the 4th floor and we literally ran to our room because the hall was so smokey. My wife is very allergic to cigarette smoke. Fortunately the room was not smokey. When I mentioned to the front desk that we were not happy about the smokey hallway he said since they allow smoking in the rooms that don't face the ocean there was nothing he could do about it. The day we left I mentioned it to the front desk clerk (not seen before) and she said "oh, only the 4th floor has any smoking allowed and that's only in the rooms not facing the ocean." I asked why we weren't told that before, that we would have asked to be moved. She said "I don't know." No apology, no offer of a refund. I have filled out the survey Hampton Inn sent and complained, but I got no response. I sent an email complaining and haven't received even so much as acknowlegment of the email.

I will never stay in a Hampton Inn again.

Room Tip: If you don't like cigarette smoke don't stay on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DavidTheWoodlands
HamptonPenBeach, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I apologize for our delay in returning your call and I'm sorry that you received a pool level of service. This is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. After concentrating our Guest Resolution you have been issued a credit and we hope you give us another chance next time you are in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Atlanta Ga
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We decided to wrap-up our six day trip to Pensacola with a night at the beach. Yes it was dark more than it was light outside, and it was chilly and windy, so this wasn't a typical beach trip. We got an upper floor room with a balcony which gave us a great view of the red-flag breaking surf on the beach below. The king bed was super comfortable for me and my wife, and one kid slept on the sofa bed while the other got a roll-away which prevented the midnight battles over who was stealing what covers. Breakfast was typical Hampton fare - nothing special, but very good for what it is. Warm coffee was available in the lobby full-time, which was a great feature after walking on the beach. They were in the middle of re-flooring the breakfast area, so it was a little awkward, but that looked like it should be finished in a few weeks and disruption was minimal.

I imagine this place could get very busy and hectic during the summer beach season, but all was calm and very quiet this time of year. It was just what we were looking for!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jh26
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences here with us it sounds like a great way to wind up a family vacation. We are actually in the process of remodeling our entire lobby. We are doing the remodel in phases to ensure the smallest disturbance to our guest. The renovations will be complete in January we hope you will stop back by to see our new updated look.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I visited once before around New Years and wrote a review about the pretty negative experience I had at this hotel. Well, they got in contact with me, refunded one of the two nights' stay and gave me a voucher for a free night. This time our room was very clean, on the Gulf-side of the hotel, and they gave us a free bottle of wine. I would now recommend this place to others. Also--pro tip: ask to borrow any of their collection of beach umbrellas, beach chairs, floats, etc. as they keep a whole bunch in a store room behind the front desk and will let you borrow any of them for free!

Room Tip: Go with the Gulf-side rooms. You won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We always try to make sure all of our guest have a great time while they are here with us. We are happy to hear that happend during your time here with us. We hope to see you again very soon.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. From when we walked in the door and until the we left, the staff were very helpful and friendly. We had a large beach front room with a balcony and it was great to watch sunset and sunrise.. Room was clean and comfortable .would definitely stay there again. A great time to go is off season as you will have the beach to yourselves.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
You are so right, our balcony rooms have a great view of the sunset. We are so pleased you had a great time with us. We hope to see you again soon. The fall is a great time to come stay with us.
Demarest, New Jersey
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We were visiting my daughter in Tuscaloosa and decided to take a 4 hours drive for the weekend to Pensacola Beach. Great idea! Lovely property, very Hampton Inn i.e. breakfast, service, comfortable rooms, beachfront recommended. After driving for 4 hours it was nice to be able to walk to several good restaurants. We happen to be their for the UA vs. LSU game and there was a sports bar which was so much fun.

Room Tip: We stayed in 422 but any room over the first floor facing the gulf is probably great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HamptonPenBeach, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
We are happy to hear you came our way and it was worth the four hour drive for you. We hope to see you again soon. We have many great deals this fall so stop back by.
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We arrived early and the staff was very helpful to make us comfortable until our room was ready. We saw that ground floor rooms did not have outside access and asked if we could get a room with a balcony and water view.....the staff quickly took care of our request. The room was large and clean. The lobby is currently being renovated. The pool area and beach are perfect for relaxing. There are good restaurants within easy walking distance. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments, I am happy to hear what a nice time with us. I hope to see you again soon.
Dayton, Ohio, United States
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in Oct. 2012. The hotel is in a great location and within walking distance to restaurants, stores and the pier. The hotel staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean. They offer a business center if you need to use a computer or copier or even to fax documents. The fax machine did not work and the young man at the desk kindly faxed out some business papers for my husband. They offer a laundry facility however, the detergent dispenser took my money and the desk staff again took care of my needs. They are remodeling the lobby and unfortunately it is very hard to carry your beach supplies through hungry people and children milling about trying to get food to eat. I am sure when the remodel is finished that they won't put the dining area in front of the doors leading to the beach (I hope not anyway). I will say that we were in a non- smoking room as requested, however the hallway leading to our room smelled like a smoker's haven. I almost gagged everytime that we went in or out. A suggestion might be that all smoking rooms be on one floor together or just make it a non-smoking hotel. All in all the hotel staff was great, the rooms were clean and we had a great time. I feel like this hotel needs a few updates and it would be great! I love Florida!

Room Tip: Choose the ocean view room because the view is excellent!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for leaving a comment with us. I am very happy to hear it sounds like you had a great time here with us and we hope to see you again very soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola Beach
Hilton Pensacola Beach
Hilton Pensacola Beach
#7 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pe...
#3 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Be...
#1 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Margaritaville Beach Hotel
Margaritaville Beach Hotel
#2 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Travelodge Pensacola Beach
Travelodge Pensacola Beach
#10 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze

Been to Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach? Share your experiences!