“Nice hotel”
Review of Yingshan Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chiayi County
Yingshan Hotel
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Chiayi County
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Friendly owner, surrounded with restaurants and shops. Hotel provides tour guide services. Good location and services.

But the room which I stayed was next to lift and emergency exit. That's why the views not good, it was noisy and smelly. Bathroom was too small.

Recommend: tour guide service which cost around 4k ntw. Trip to see sunrise, forests, old street.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank adrianx87

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Very friendly owner, offered good advices. Provided driver/tour guide too.
Nearby restaurants and mini mart.

Prons: don't stay near lobby, it was very noisy, plus scenery was blocked by another building.

Overall: it's a good hotel provided with sufficient services.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Adrian B
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed there during end Mar 2014 for 2 nights. It is just few minutes walk to the food and shopping area, which includes the 7-eleven store and the bus stop for buses leaving Alishan. Hotel is old but at least clean on the inside. Rooms are spacious but outdated. But inside the Alishan National Park area, I think this is the 2nd best if you don't want to burn a hole in your wallet at the Alishan Hotel. Lotsa cars parked outside the hotel indicating many people still comes back to this Yingshan hotel. It has a lift inside the hotel which is okay, doesn't smell. It gets really cold at night and heating is centrally controlled n doesn't turn on when we thought it should. For us who bring our own toiletries, it was okay for us. At least the hot water is always there unlike some mountain hotels I stayed before where the flow of hot water is not regular. imagine halfway bathing when the water turns icy cold. The better side of the hotel is the price and service. I like to compliment on the staff's good and friendly service. Patient and sincere. We were served by a lady called Grace. That helps to compensate on the negative side of the hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank woodstock
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I booked this hotel through a local travel agency as part of my local tour package, and stayed at this hotel for one night in March 2013. To summarize my experience:

Pros:
1) The hotel is located near the shopping district (5-min walk) and Alishan train station (another 3-min walk from the shopping district). Convenience is a plus.
2) I booked a double bed room but somehow I am not sure if it is a communication error with the travel agency, I got two king sized bed and I guess the room is for 4 people max. The room is just too big for me, but no harm to get such a big room for one night.
3) (Hot) water fountain is just outside my room on the 2/F.
4) The hotel is very informative and provides clear suggestion in terms of how to get to the Alishan train and when the first train will depart for watching sunrise. You can ask for a morning call if you wish.

Cons:
1) The wifi signal is only limited within the concierge area (confirmed by the hotel staff). No LAN or wifi at my room.
2) No breakfast is provided and I heard this is a norm for hotels in Alishan as their building structures are somehow restricted given the need for forest protection and pollution minimization. They can't change their building structure so the building looks a bit old (but it is ok for me). As covered in my local tour package, I needed to walk to the shopping district for my breakfast and dinner.
3) You can only check-in at 3pm.

Some travel tips:
1) Alishan is cold even in the day-time in March. The temperature stays around 9-15 degree Celsius during day-time and drops to 3-6 degree Celsius at night. When I spoke with a restaurant waitress, she said it rarely snows in Alishan but it is not uncommon to have a temperature staying around zero degree. Dress more and keep warm!
2) Wake up early to watch the sunrise! Watching sunrise is one of the 6 must-do things in Alishan. During my visit, I took a train to Chushan (NT$150 round-trip) to watch the sunrise. The first train departed at 5:10am and it varies with different seasonality. I arrived the train station at 4:50am and the train station was already full of people and I needed to take the second train, leaving at 5:20am to reach the mountain peak. FYI - each train can accommodate around 300 people.
3) Not much for you to do at night - As it is cold and the shopping district is small (you can finish the entire district within 20 mins), you may go back to your hotel early. Prepare yourself with some entertainment.

Have fun in Alishan!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
13 Thank Zenki K
dehradun
Reviewed February 23, 2013

grt hotel, economical NT1000 per night. i lost my way at night in forest. Called the hotel staff from a temple in the forest. They came and took me to hotel. Bath tub was fin. cleanliness was perfect. Bed was cosy. TV was huge with clear reception of english channels. Hot water in corridor for drinking. Adquate heating in the room. Very helpful staff.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank anilsinha65
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My parents and I stayed here for one night while visiting Alishan Tuesday and Wednesday. My mom paid $3000NT for the three of us. She booked here specifically because they allowed pets as we were bringing the family min pin along.

They let us check in by 2:40PM and put us on the fifth floor, 501. The room had 2 full (they looked too small to be queen) beds to sleep 4. The building itself is old and not much has been done to update it. I found it curious that there was a flat screen LCD which worked great. The room seemed clean enough for us. I didn't like the fact that there was no shower curtain...despite being careful, I still got water on the floor. Towels were basic. Toiletries were basic as well...little packets of shampoo and hal-dollar sized rounds of soap. They did offer toothbrushes as well. Sleep quality-wise, the climate was comfortable but walls were paper-thin. Screaming baby at 12:45AM was loud and clear.

The hotel provides free breakfast at one of the restauants in the nearby shopping village, which was a Chinese style buffet, with congee and its usual accompaniments, along with fresh made soymilk. I do recall that they have toast and jam as well. Retail value is $100NT per person, and thus an added value.

Other factors that left an impresstion on me:
Pros: they have their on parking lot and are within walking distance to the shopping plaza; they did provide helpful info in going to hike up to see the sunrise, and did provide us with a wakeup call; our room gave us a nice view of the sunset which we enjoyed; there is free wifi on the first floor with a nice sitting area seperate from the lobby; there was a water dispenser on our floor (hot, warm, lukewarm) which was nice to make ramen with and for refilling water bottles before starting our hikes.

Cons: really wished they updated a little! The elevator smelled like trash all the time and since we were on the 5th floor, that was very unpleasant for us!

If I were to return to Alishan petless, I would consider staying somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank everfair
Singapore
Reviewed November 30, 2011

We had a triple sharing room with 3 queen size beds. However, upon checking the bath tub, there was a crackline. Requested for change of room. Given another room also with 3 queen size beds. This time, the shower had no door with the toilet located in a narrow space. Also, the hotel does not provide shower soap, but instead tiny bars of soap. Heater is centrally controlled and will only be turned on when certain temperature is reached. Thus one had to pile on more clothings just in case the optimum temperature was not hit! This was not communicated to us clearly during our stay and we were freezing throughout the night!

Room Tip: Check all the facilities of the room. Ensure that all amenities were available.